spirits

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
There is a bias in the world of true ghost stories (supposedly true.) I notice that all these ghost shows favor wiccans, native americans, psycics, and catholics to clean a house of evil spirits but they cast Christians in a bad light. Why are we not considered the best people to call? We know biblically that we have power over evil spirits. Also, we know that the kingdom of satan is not divided. Wiccans can't cast out devils they are on their side.

J

John_S

Don't worry about it. Ghosts aren't real.

Feb 16, 2011
Ghost and spirit can be interchanged like Holy Ghost and Holy Spirit.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
But are the stories real?
And why would a christian want to 'clean' a house of evil spirits?
Is there scriptural evidence that evil spirits possess houses except by allegory? e.g. Mt 12:43-45

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Is there scriptural evidence that evil spirits possess houses except by allegory? e.g. Mt 12:43-45
Have you ever been into the psych ward at a hospital? Man there's some spiritual activity going on there that attacks your mind as soon as you walk in the door. Or have you been to a home or a place and your heart feels real heavy for no reason? None of these things are to be feared but the spiritual is certainly real :)

Jul 27, 2011
When they saw Jesus walking on the water, they thought He was a ghost, so they must have thought ghosts existed. for a person to think some thing is a ghost, they must believe ghosts exist. When i was about 5 years old, my grandpa died.one night i was laying ther thinking of him not long after his death, missing him and crying. my bedroom was on second floor, and i heard a tapping on window, it was a figure that looked like my grandpa and it was telling me not to cry, that he was with me. well i rolled over and went to sleep, and didn't cry over grandpa any more. today i believe that it was a familiar spirit, trying to get me entangled in the talking to dead people, like my family did, my grandma was a spiritulist, and today i think it was an entity she conjoured up trying to make contact with grandpa after he died. i believe ghosts exist, seeing one with my own 2 eyes, but i think they are familar spirits and not loved ones coming back fro grave.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Have you ever been into the psych ward at a hospital? Man there's some spiritual activity going on there that attacks your mind as soon as you walk in the door. Or have you been to a home or a place and your heart feels real heavy for no reason? None of these things are to be feared but the spiritual is certainly real :)
It's not the physical ward that needs 'cleansing' , it's the patients themselves.

D

danschance

I've seen ghosts they are real. 49% of Americans also believe they are real.

T

The_highwayman

Ever been to a prison for an extended amount of time?

adsd

May 4, 2013
would anyone like to share with me their idea of ghost . I am only asking because I am not sure how or if there are differences example: sometimes I see people who have passed around other people even if I do not know them. there are the spirits? that are absolute evil pretending to be something or some one else, and I have even seen a human form that would simply repeat the same action walking but disappear into an invisible doorway . spirit? ghost? what is the difference ( think I know but not sure) familiar? is that a demon who basically stays in families? just looking for clarity thank you.