Spiritual fair

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Timofree

Greetings everyone, I'm praying about going to a spiritual fair in the local town tomorrow, and looking to bless and pray with the people there, whatever God wants me to do.............pray God will direct direct me, and show me what He wants to be done there, thank you, shalom :)

K

kenisyes

If this is what I think it is, make certain you are prayed up, and know your gifts and limitations.

Many years ago, my wife and her prayer group closed a witchcraft bookstore with prayer, and thought the witches were gone from the town. They were gone alright, hiding underground. 15 years later, they became powerful enough to join with worldwide networks. They later kidnapped a pastor's daughter and got away with it. They would have been better left in the open, where everyone could evangelize them.

Three months ago, I finally met the new reiki practitioner in town. Very different from what I thought. As a child, she was in a church that not only did not teach healing, but did not even honor Jesus by name. I know when the time is right, she will accept Jesus.

I was younger than you when I started this ministry, and God directed me. So I pray that you will hear Him clearly.

Oct 27, 2012
Dear Timofree,

Shalom! That is wonderful that you are being led to go to a Spiritual Fair to bless others and to pray for them!

We will certainly pray for you in that God will guide your every move and direct you to do that which He has in mind for you to do while there. Before going, say a prayer and ask God to surround you with His love and mercy and Spirit and to guide you in what you are being sent to do.

May God bless you and all others who are participating and may your visit be a Huge Success for you and for everyone involved!
Shalom!

---------------------------------------------
"If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part He is evil spoken of, but on your part He is glorified." -- I PETER 4:14 (KJV)

Oct 27, 2012
If this is what I think it is, make certain you are prayed up, and know your gifts and limitations.

Many years ago, my wife and her prayer group closed a witchcraft bookstore with prayer, and thought the witches were gone from the town. They were gone alright, hiding underground. 15 years later, they became powerful enough to join with worldwide networks. They later kidnapped a pastor's daughter and got away with it. They would have been better left in the open, where everyone could evangelize them.

Three months ago, I finally met the new reiki practitioner in town. Very different from what I thought. As a child, she was in a church that not only did not teach healing, but did not even honor Jesus by name. I know when the time is right, she will accept Jesus.

I was younger than you when I started this ministry, and God directed me. So I pray that you will hear Him clearly.
Greetings Kenisyes,

Since I tend to keep up with many religious movements as well as spiritual healing modalities, I cannot view Reiki (pronounced Ray-Key) as something that is other than spiritual energy coming from God. You see, all spiritual healing energy, as with Reiki has to come from God if it is used to help people and do no harm, as man's own personal energy can not effect any healing of and by itself. Because Reiki is benevolent and gentle spiritual energy that comes from God, it may surprise you greatly to learn that there are many sisters, nuns, priests, and other clergy who use Reiki regularly and even teach it to others where they work and reside! And many hospitals and doctors are also using Reiki these days!

Again, the fear aspect tends to enter into something that people do not fully understand thus, they immediately tend to reject it. As a Christian, I know that all healing comes from God as we cannot do anything without Him! In Reiki, that is known as well. The words "Rei" means coming from God and "Ki" is the life force energy that God instills in each and every living thing. It may be a Japanese modality and word but it is nevertheless used with God's direction as the practitioner uses the laying-on of hands and then steps aside as God comes in to do His spiritual healing work.

It has also been said many times that even a doctor's work is done with God's guidance but that the actual healing comes from God and not man and that that also includes healing from the drugs that are prescribed. In other words, if God does not will it, it can never happen!

For more on this, and for all who tend to think somewhat negatively about Reiki, please go to the following website for further information.

Reiki4Healing: Christian Reiki

There are other websites by Christian Reiki practitioners and teachers as well, too numerous to list here for now. Please know that God is invoked in Reiki by the Christian practitioners. And just like the Christian healing services held around the world in different countries, people from those countries will use different words and methods to invoke God for healing but ultimately, it is always and only GOD who does the healing!

The preceding website really explains things well that all should know about.

------------------------------------------------
"... For Without Me Ye Can Do Nothing." -- JOHN 15:5 (KJV)

K

kenisyes

I am very much aware of this. The energy does come from God. When we pray over people for healing, the people are taught to perceive that God is the healer and the person is simply a conduit. Sometimes, in healing prayer, miracles occur, sometimes a deeper relationship with God, sometimes the energy of reiki is evidenced. But above all, the person is led to Jesus. Also, no money is charged.

Reiki uses healing energy. But it does so without reference to source. Each practitioner may teach it how he/she feels as regards source. Your link provides a Christian orientation, and I believe that there are such people out there. In fact you may be one, and I have no quarrel with any method that lets Jesus manifest in healing. A mature Christian can find God in anything. Some nuns I have known are not mature enough in Christ to know what they believe.

The website of the specific practitioner is down, but here is a link from archive.org wayback machine to a few pages a couple years ago: http://http://web.archive.org/web/20090304132014/http://www.guidedmetamorphosis.com/ Note, the law of attraction is in fact an occult law: "as you will, so shall it be". Stated in wicca as "as I will, so mote it be" and as Wiccan Rede "and that ye harm none, do as ye will." Note the butterfly symbol, and nothing about Jesus, and the repeated emphasis on you being your own healer. http://http://web.archive.org/web/2...dmetamorphosis.com/Reiki_Typical_session.html removal of metal jewelry since it "blocks the practitioner's 'feel'". When God gives it to me, I can see the illness quite easily, jewelry or no jewelry. I am not bound by "magnetic vibes" because He is not bound by them. The statement in the link implies the energy is in the control of the practitioner. What exactly is a "powerful clearing exercise" and just how does chocolate "ground a person". Since when would a healer or prophet using God's energy say "I start at the head and work my way down to balance the energy"?
http://http://web.archive.org/web/2...guidedmetamorphosis.com/reiki_principles.html The five ethical principles are so interesting, since we cannot do any of this apart from Christ. Where is that statement about Him? Without Him, asking this behavior amounts to expecting someone to earn their healing on their own merits. The same can be said of the idea that the client heals herself. For a non-Christian, or especially for a young Christian, all the evil one needs to do is to start telling them anything, as a way they can earn their healing, and then take away some symptom he gave them in the first place, as proof his voice is God's.

This is why I warned Timofree to be prayed up and to know his limitations. These situations are very complex, and are different in each case. You have done a good job of giving the side that proves we must never condemn, I have shown the side that there are many opportunities for ministry in this regard.

Oct 27, 2012
I am very much aware of this. The energy does come from God. When we pray over people for healing, the people are taught to perceive that God is the healer and the person is simply a conduit. Sometimes, in healing prayer, miracles occur, sometimes a deeper relationship with God, sometimes the energy of reiki is evidenced. But above all, the person is led to Jesus. Also, no money is charged.

I am glad you understand and are in agreement that the energy in Reiki comes from God. It does, as who or what else could possibly perform such healing but God! Yes, many times no money is charged however, there has to be some kind of exchange as the person who rediscovered Reiki, Dr. Mikao Usui, found out. He used to give Reiki for free but saw that many had reverted to their former way of being (disadvantaged) due to not honoring the gift that was given to them and simply taking it for granted. Thus, he found that when there is an "energy exchange" that is, something given in return for something that is given to them, then people tend to take the gift that was given to them more seriously and will honor it better. Besides accepting donations or money, which incidentally is for their TIME in giving or teaching Reiki, and not for the Reiki itself, many Reiki practitioners accept different services as well in order to satisfy the 'energy exchange'. Services such as helping a neighbor out, throwing out the trash for an elderly person, taking food to the needy, helping the community in some way, etc.

However, one thing must be made clear as well. Money today, as in yesteryear, is necessary in order for a Reiki practitioner to pay their bills just like everyone has to. If they did not charge something for the time required in delivering their services, they would not be able to pay their bills and might have to then work at some other job which would then take them away from being there to be of service to others when they request it.

And another thing, even nuns, sisters, priests, and other clergy have to accept money in the form of donations etc. in order to be able to pay their bills, salaries, membership fees, upkeep of the church, manicuring of the church grounds, laundry, food bill, paying the hired help, buying new clothing attire, sending money to the Vatican, etc. or the church could not survive if they merely offered their services for free and there was no one else giving money to them, hence, they have to use their "collection boxes" during services and at other times as well as sell religious articles, etc. Even the Vatican has all of its churches that are under their purview to send money to it in order to continue operating, so that is the lesson that Dr. Usui was also trying to make as to why some form of monetary exchange or offering is necessary I am sure.

Reiki uses healing energy. But it does so without reference to source. Each practitioner may teach it how he/she feels as regards source. Your link provides a Christian orientation, and I believe that there are such people out there. In fact you may be one, and I have no quarrel with any method that lets Jesus manifest in healing. A mature Christian can find God in anything. Some nuns I have known are not mature enough in Christ to know what they believe.

In the Usui System of Reiki, the initiate is always told to honor the Source which is God. I do however understand that there are many 'offshoots' of Dr. Usui's original Reiki teachings therefore, initiates may be learning something different.

Just as a reference to those who do not know Dr. Usui's Ethical Principles of Reiki, here they are:

1. Just for today, do not anger.

2. Just for today, do not worry.

3. Honor your parents, teachers and elders

4. Earn your living honestly

5. Show gratitude to every living thing.

These are great principles to live by and there can be no doubt that most if not all Christians would be in agreement with each and every one of them!

As for the nuns you know, if they are not mature enough in Christ to know what they believe then they may be in the wrong calling. I rather believe that many of them, as it regards Reiki, have seen that God is in full control and they would be acting merely as the instrument for God's work to be done through them therefore are completely comfortable with the practice.

The website of the specific practitioner is down, but here is a link from archive.org wayback machine to a few pages a couple years ago: http://http://web.archive.org/web/20090304132014/http://www.guidedmetamorphosis.com/ Note, the law of attraction is in fact an occult law: "as you will, so shall it be". Stated in wicca as "as I will, so mote it be" and as Wiccan Rede "and that ye harm none, do as ye will." Note the butterfly symbol, and nothing about Jesus, and the repeated emphasis on you being your own healer. http://http://web.archive.org/web/2...dmetamorphosis.com/Reiki_Typical_session.html removal of metal jewelry since it "blocks the practitioner's 'feel'". When God gives it to me, I can see the illness quite easily, jewelry or no jewelry. I am not bound by "magnetic vibes" because He is not bound by them. The statement in the link implies the energy is in the control of the practitioner. What exactly is a "powerful clearing exercise" and just how does chocolate "ground a person". Since when would a healer or prophet using God's energy say "I start at the head and work my way down to balance the energy"?

As with any religion or practice, there will be some who will use it in their own way and out of the realms of how it was originally taught. That goes for religion as well, most unfortunately, where some people will misuse the office or title given to them.

As for the jewelry, it should make absolutely no difference whether one wears it or not when doing Reiki. I too have heard that watches, rings, etc. should be removed but WHY I would ask? They are not a distraction, surely, for the energy that is coming from God! So, case closed on that one. As for the 'chocolate', etc. I have not heard of that one but no doubt someone has thought that up as well as you have found. As for starting at the head, etc. Dr. Usui's original teachings were such that he would lightly lay hands on a person's head and that was it. It was his protege', Dr. Hayashi, who is credited with establishing the different hand positions to work the way down. But many practitioners still insist on using Dr. Usui's original method when doing Reiki!

http://http://web.archive.org/web/2...guidedmetamorphosis.com/reiki_principles.html The five ethical principles are so interesting, since we cannot do any of this apart from Christ.

Exactly! And I have listed them all just a little bit above!

Where is that statement about Him? Without Him, asking this behavior amounts to expecting someone to earn their healing on their own merits.

In my honest opinion, I suspect that since Reiki was rediscovered in Japan, a country that is primarily Buddhist, mentioning Christ, as no doubt Dr. Usui, who incidentally was a Christian minister, would have had a difficult time doing without riling up many folks there who may not have understood about Christ.

The same can be said of the idea that the client heals herself. For a non-Christian, or especially for a young Christian, all the evil one needs to do is to start telling them anything, as a way they can earn their healing, and then take away some symptom he gave them in the first place, as proof his voice is God's.

There will always be those who will pervert a good thing in many professions and in many instances. Reiki is not about that, however. Perhaps there is a dark aspect in the way some may be saying things. However, for those who would truly believe that they can heal themselves, let them see if they can also give themselves life or to that of another person at the end of their normal life term, as only Jesus could do as per the Holy Bible!

This is why I warned Timofree to be prayed up and to know his limitations. These situations are very complex, and are different in each case. You have done a good job of giving the side that proves we must never condemn, I have shown the side that there are many opportunities for ministry in this regard.
In all fairness to Timofree, he did not mention that he was going to go and do Reiki or be involved in anything else or that the fair would be presenting modalities that may be considered a significant departure from the norm. He said he would be blessing and praying with folks. He certainly deserves our prayers and support on that. And yes, there are indeed many opportunities to honor God through and with one's fellow man. I'm trying to dispel the myth that everything that goes by a different name but that also honors God can be bad.

Thank you for a great discussion whose time had truly come!

-------------------------------------------
"... For Without Me Ye Can Do Nothing." -- JOHN 15:5 (KJV)

K

kenisyes

It appears as though any disagreement between us is due to the experiences we have had with different types of reiki practitioners. I mentioned the money as one angle that is sometimes brought up. You are aware, I presume, that the healing energies are real, and pictures can be taken of the energy in operation (Kirlian photography). We do need, as a culture, to get the terminology straightened out, and get away from the many years of many churches denying the Holy Spirit and His gifts in our day. That's what has caused a lot of the problem. Without teaching, many Christians turn to other places to get faulty teaching, and all of it filters down.

I think both of us are posting, so Timofree and others who are called to deal with such things will have some idea of the tremendous variety of wheat-and-tares mixture growing in the ideas of "spiritual" practitioners of all types. And I join you in praying for his success, as he is undoubtedly there as I write this.

L

libertygirl

I am glad you understand and are in agreement that the energy in Reiki comes from God. It does, as who or what else could possibly perform such healing but God! Yes, many times no money is charged however, there has to be some kind of exchange as the person who rediscovered Reiki, Dr. Mikao Usui, found out. He used to give Reiki for free but saw that many had reverted to their former way of being (disadvantaged) due to not honoring the gift that was given to them and simply taking it for granted. Thus, he found that when there is an "energy exchange" that is, something given in return for something that is given to them, then people tend to take the gift that was given to them more seriously and will honor it better. Besides accepting donations or money, which incidentally is for their TIME in giving or teaching Reiki, and not for the Reiki itself, many Reiki practitioners accept different services as well in order to satisfy the 'energy exchange'. Services such as helping a neighbor out, throwing out the trash for an elderly person, taking food to the needy, helping the community in some way, etc.
God doesn't work that way. He can heal people without needing some form of energy back from us. Reiki is an occult practice, we cannot use the enemy's tool and expect God to work within that.

K

kenisyes

God doesn't work that way. He can heal people without needing some form of energy back from us. Reiki is an occult practice, we cannot use the enemy's tool and expect God to work within that.
That energy sometimes moves from a person to a person in healing is proven by Luke 8:46. The Greek word is dunamis, meaning power, and gives us our word dynamo. Jesus felt it, even when distracted by the crowd. Whether one seeks to be a conduit for God's energy or seeks to use God's energy (Acts 13:8) is the question. A person who desires to work in healing, but only knows the energy, needs to be ministered to by God, not judged by us. God can lead him from what he sees to the fulness God sees. Indeed, this is how God works with all of us, first to lead us from our desire for goodness to the person of Jesus, then to lead us from the first day of salvation to gradual perfection.

I agree with you that to focus on the energy is not God's plan for us, since there is so much more going on. And one can be led into serious error doing it. But that does not mean that God can't use it to draw people to Himself, as He can use anything else He has created.

Oct 27, 2012
It appears as though any disagreement between us is due to the experiences we have had with different types of reiki practitioners. I mentioned the money as one angle that is sometimes brought up. You are aware, I presume, that the healing energies are real, and pictures can be taken of the energy in operation (Kirlian photography). We do need, as a culture, to get the terminology straightened out, and get away from the many years of many churches denying the Holy Spirit and His gifts in our day. That's what has caused a lot of the problem. Without teaching, many Christians turn to other places to get faulty teaching, and all of it filters down.

I do agree with you on that, K., IMHO, I see that far too many churches neglect to teach their parishoners about spiritual healing through God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit! That is their own fault when they become so remiss and neglectful in this endeavor and people feel they have to turn to other forms of healing as a consequence. Yet call it what they may, All Healing Comes From God, unequivocally, and not from the person doing it or whatever they choose to call their method(s) since to heal is to make well as Jesus would have us do in the Bible. However, if we were to call other modalities "... faulty teaching ..." then in that case let's get rid of all doctors, nurses, and other medical personnel that God also gave certain abilities to in order to help people at ".... other places ...." such as hospitals, clinics, doctor's offices, etc. You see, it is in God using Other People, and other ways and methods of healing such as doctors use, other than strictly spiritually-led healing that can and does demonstrate God's own healing power, since only God can heal, which brings Him all the honor and glory!

And just as God allows different methods of healing, e.g., allopathic, chiropractic, alternative, distant, etc. He allows other ways to also be used but bearing in mind that it is only with His Power that any healing can take place. Thereby, the person using those methods can bring honor and glory to God for all to see which is just as God intended! And Reiki can also be used at a distance as I'm sure you are well aware of. But then you must also be aware that Jesus healed at a distance when He healed the centurion's servant who was dying, as well as many others.

In sum, if we were to take away those who lay hands on the ill in faith and even in churches because the practice may carry the name "Reiki" when well intentioned people in their native country, Japan, as well as all across the world are wanting to reach out and help their fellow man we might as well remove all other types of healing and healers as doing their work 'outside of God', and as just mentioned the doctors, nurses, etc. as many do not even mention God to their patients when doing their healing work as you might well know or give any credit to God for any healing that may take place.
So, what is fair is simply fair under the circumstances.

I think both of us are posting, so Timofree and others who are called to deal with such things will have some idea of the tremendous variety of wheat-and-tares mixture growing in the ideas of "spiritual" practitioners of all types. And I join you in praying for his success, as he is undoubtedly there as I write this.
Thank you for praying for him as I have! And yes, this matter is good to be discussed as there are many false theories based upon religious misconceptions and innuendo that somehow Reiki is a bad practice or evil, when nothing could be further from the truth! Those who are in doubt should ask the many priests, sisters, nuns, and other clergy and doctors who use Reiki if it is evil. Boy would they ever get a Big Surprise and an earful!

Remember studying about how it was also good to Burn Innocent People at the stake during the Inquisition? They actually thought that was o.k., that it was completely alright with God to kill another simply because they were misinformed about women who may have used herbs as a tea or poultice as that was all they had at the time for healing. But they were sure wrong, it was not o.k. But even for those who may have engaged in bad practices, that certainly did not warrant killing them. Their executioners should have remembered God's Sixth Commandment "Thou Shalt Not Kill." God was not amused. They could have been brought to trial and jailed or fined but certainly not killed any more than we would do it today with any such people. Where was their compassion, their heart and their Christianity one would just have to wonder! But I am very sure that God has administered His Divine justice upon those who were responsible for those senseless and heinous crimes!

When one can help their fellow human beings with spiritual healing work where they step aside and let God, that is the Christian God, Our ONLY God, do the healing work as in Reiki, then people can criticize Reiki up one side and down the other, thereby certainly showing all of us that they would prefer to live by fear alone rather than the truth, but that will not detract from the fine work people continue to do worldwide to love and help one another. And to Christians, Christian Reiki has shown to help so many and just as you were talking about previously, there are certainly photographs of Kirlian energy that can show the before and after effects of prayer with Reiki. But again, we owe it all to God to bring healing unto another as is His will.

-------------------------------------------------------
One must not continue to live in fear of that which they do not understand. Instead, seek to understand!
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." -- 2 TIMOTHY 1:7 (KJV)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2012
Dear Timofree,

Shalom! That is wonderful that you are being led to go to a Spiritual Fair to bless others and to pray for them!

We will certainly pray for you in that God will guide your every move and direct you to do that which He has in mind for you to do while there. Before going, say a prayer and ask God to surround you with His love and mercy and Spirit and to guide you in what you are being sent to do.

May God bless you and all others who are participating and may your visit be a Huge Success for you and for everyone involved!
Shalom!

---------------------------------------------
"If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part He is evil spoken of, but on your part He is glorified." -- I PETER 4:14 (KJV)
Shalom again, Timofree!

As you can see your original thread has now gone off on a tangent as we digress with the introduction of a spiritual healing modality known as "Reiki" that was rediscovered by a Christian minister in Japan and that many clergy, priests, nuns, sisters, doctors and others practice today in churches, convents, hospitals, etc. I only wish that people would actually take an Usui Reiki class from a reputable teacher, perhaps at some church, or experience it before rendering their judgment or negative opinion on it.

I hope all went well for you at the spiritual fair. Please know that I was praying for you!

-------------------------------------------------------------
One must not continue to live in fear of that which they do not understand. Instead, seek to understand!
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." -- 2 TIMOTHY 1:7 (KJV)

Last edited:

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hi Tim, :)
I'll be praying in Jesus.

God bless
pickles

K

kenisyes

HW, It is extremely difficult to word a response detailed enough for people who have had comprehensive experience in an area like you, and for those who have just heard a sentence or two about it at the same time.

The faulty teaching is the teaching that reiki comes about because of earth energy, and resides in us. If churches would teach healing, then reiki would be recognized as one step in the total process of renewal, just as is the shot of penicillin, or the surgical reattachment of severed muscles. It would also never have evolved into something beyond what you presented in your original website. This is how you are presenting it, of course. It is very much like meat (in this case, mature Christian understanding, Heb. 5:13-14) sacrificed to idols (in this case the world of the occult) (I Cor. 8)

Feb 11, 2012
Go and preach the truth, not conform to the false teachings usually taught at these kind of gatherings, but I asure you if you go and preach like John the Baptist did, you would probealy be kicked out or worse!

Compromise of truth is rampant today, just read most of the posts here, where the truth is swep under the rug, where the truth is hated and those who profess it will be hated, scorned,and labeled many not so nice names!

The sheep did not hear them!

Joh 10:8 All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.

Those who belong to the Lord, and hear and obey Him, have come out of the lies and reformed teachings that are highly esteemed by men, but not of God!
Today we can see that the thieves and robbers such as all the TBN preachers, and many ministries that will teach anything to get money and power from the gullible masses are now being replaced by many other thieves and robbers who promote the wide road to a false salvation and refuse to test the spirits to see if they are from God.
Jesus stressed throughout His whole ministry, to beware of false teachers, He called them ravenous wolves, blind guides, and thieves and robbers of many souls that think they are on the right path, but are greatly deceived!
The sheep who did not hear them are the ones who are following Jesus on the narrow road, who don’t submit to the many reformed errors that save you in your sins, and then tell you that Jesus is your substitute and that repentance isn’t mandatory to enter the kingdom.
These thieves and robbers are very difficult to detect today, thanks to the reformers such as Augustine, Calvin, Luther, and many more that mixed much truth with just enough error to ruin the whole lump, which has turned the gospel according to godliness into a false, saved IN sin message, telling the lost they were born depraved, with no ability to repent, stop their rebellion towards God and seek His great mercy.
Today it’s just receive, confess, and a passive belief, that Jesus took your wrath and place on the cross, when in reality He came as a spotless sin offering,(Heb 9-14) to ransom mankind from the corrupting influences of sin, thus setting the captives free once and for all, not gradually, and based on condition of repentance and faith proven by deeds!
Are you hearing the voice of Jesus? Where He is calling all men everywhere to repent or perish, go and sin no more, lay aside all filthiness and wickedness, depart from iniquity, die with Him through repentance, and walk the new life in Him and in His light, that cleanses us from all iniquity.
Jesus is commanding us to stop listening to the thieves and robbers, and dig deep to make your calling sure, He didn’t do it for you, but gives us all we need to walk a holy and obedient life unto Him!
Tommy 10-31-12
Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
WE must love Him and His truth above all else, seek it with all your heart, be sure you are hearing it correctly, and serving God through a heart made pure through real repentance and a working faith in love.

L

libertygirl

Reiki is rooted in the occult and is popular among new agers. The man who created this spiritual form of healing was not a Christian.

S

shekaniah

Prayers sent for you and your team :)

Oct 27, 2012
HW, It is extremely difficult to word a response detailed enough for people who have had comprehensive experience in an area like you, and for those who have just heard a sentence or two about it at the same time.

K, I have done my homework and feel I have done it well!

The faulty teaching is the teaching that reiki comes about because of earth energy, and resides in us. If churches would teach healing, then reiki would be recognized as one step in the total process of renewal, just as is the shot of penicillin, or the surgical reattachment of severed muscles. It would also never have evolved into something beyond what you presented in your original website. This is how you are presenting it, of course. It is very much like meat (in this case, mature Christian understanding, Heb. 5:13-14) sacrificed to idols (in this case the world of the occult) (I Cor. 8)
Obviously, many still prefer to embrace the precepts of The Inquisition, I am seeing more and more. They prefer to condemn without knowing first what they are condemning. That is deemed unfortunate. Yet it is hard to erase the prejudices of a lifetime. There are some who no doubt, and incidentally, some but certainly not all Reiki practitioners who say that Dr. Usui, who rediscovered Reiki was Buddhist. And no doubt that is being said because he was from Japan, a primarily Buddhist country. Yet in lots of other research it is said he was a Christian Minister but who could not openly say that in a primarily Buddhist country therefore was comfortable with being called a Buddhist in order not to 'make waves'.

Regardless of whether he was a Christian or a Buddhist, he was created by the One God of Heaven and Earth because God created everyone of all countries, nations, provinces, etc. etc. And people by now should be able to embrace the people of other world regions as we are all brothers and sisters in Christ.

But what is truly offensive is any reference that Reiki is of the occult. Nothing could be further from the truth! In classes and books on The Usui Reiki System there is absolutely no reference to occult practices, witches, demons, sorcery, etc. or anything else that could be considered of the "dark powers that be." Again, Reiki is the God-given spiritual energy that keeps us animated and is all around us in this world and in this universe. Sometimes that energy can become blocked or stuck and hands are thus layed upon with Reiki and other practices so that God can do His Divine work through other people.

IMHO, those who believe that there is nothing else, no other need for any other healing modalities, etc. must also believe that there is no need for doctors, nurses, therapists, and other medical personnel since God can do everything. Yes, unequivocally God CAN do everything and all healing indeed does come from Him but the fact remains that He also uses people, like the aforementioned, in order to do His healing work and so that those who are healed can give God all praise and glory in the process. He obviously uses the doctors and others to bring His healing to people. Yet in people's hypocrisy and closed-mindedness they never once think to criticize a doctor or a nurse for not mentioning that it is God who is doing the healing and not their medicine or procedures do they? Well, do they? And how many times have we seen "miracles" unfold that have baffled even doctors with their patients who were about to pass-on yet who made a remarkable and astonishing recovery at the last minute! After doctors had just about given up on all they could possibly do, that 'amazing recovery' could only be attributed to GOD who made that happen! Hence, ardent proof that God is behind all healing but uses others to bring that healing unto people!

Therefore, imho, the fact remains that we must dispel the myth that God would not send a person to see a doctor, a nurse, a therapist, or a chiropractor, etc. Because if He did not spiritually direct people to go to them in their time of need we would not have all of those professions to begin with now would we? And there would not be any other spiritual alternative healing modalities either. But enough said on this. I think you get my point. Obviously there are those who will not wish to move beyond thinking that there are absolutely no doctors that can heal, etc. and that their injections, medicine, etc. is not coming from God since they do not always and openly proclaim that it is, so it is not my intent to try to change their foolish minds.

For more on how Christians are practicing Reiki, please visit the following:

Sister Clare Lentz - Sisters of Providence - Sisters of Providence, Mother Joseph Province - Renton, Washington - Sister Clare Lentz -

Nuns, Priests and Ministers Who Practice Reiki -- Sister Mary Mebane

Christian Reiki: Can Jesus Heal Through Us? -- Christian Reiki: Can Jesus Heal Through Us?

K

kenisyes

K, I have done my homework and feel I have done it well!

I concur. The only thing I can add, is I would personally prefer to pray for healing and let God choose the method in each case, which is what I do. So I will leave the discussion to you and the naysayers who are still posting.

C

ChurchLover

Greetings everyone, I'm praying about going to a spiritual fair in the local town tomorrow, and looking to bless and pray with the people there, whatever God wants me to do.............pray God will direct direct me, and show me what He wants to be done there, thank you, shalom :)
Amen we will pray for you and ask God to show you some kind of sign from God and that this is what God wants from you, i will pray for you