Spiritual Gifts

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Lyndies

I thought it would be interesting if anyone wanted to share what your spiritual gift(s) is/are and how you came to realize it.

Because God is creative and people's gifts can be as unique as they.

V

vahn

Discernment, faith, music, voluntary poverty, wisdom, and miracles were my top 6 spiritual gifts when I took the Spiritual Assessment through my church.

L

Lyndies

Understanding (people that are hurting deeply) and writing.

God has placed ten people in my life that I know personally who have been raped or sexually abused. And He's given me an understanding even though I haven't been hurt in this way. I have friends who don't know their self-worth and give themsleves over to jerk guys who use them and abuse them. And I can understand them without having been there.

Through my writing, I am able to touch these people.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Discernment is my number one. It started when i was a teenager, i would get these ''feelings'' about certain people, and God would tell me certain things people have done. Somehow i can easily tell when someone is lying as well. When i was younger i thought there was something wrong with me, i didnt understand that this was a gift from god, but i thank him for giving it to me

J

jailhouselounge

How do you know / find out if you have spiritual gifts and that they came from God?

J

jailhouselounge

So, I just pray and ask Him? And He will tell/show me?

D

drewski

discenment, counseling, evangelism, preaching, wisdom

L

Lyndies

So, I just pray and ask Him? And He will tell/show me?
Yeah, but maybe not right away. I mean, the gifts are from the Spirit, so spending time with God in the Spirit is probably gonna help a lot.

And you could have it already but not know it until it manifests. And then one day you'll be like, "Ohh..." and realize. It's really cool.

T

Tegelik

I never understood what are these spiritual gifts exactly, I never got any examples, but this thread is helping.

Could love towards people be counted as a spiritual gift?

L

Lyndies

I never understood what are these spiritual gifts exactly, I never got any examples, but this thread is helping.

Could love towards people be counted as a spiritual gift?
Absolutely. :]