Spiritual growth

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Christians should be vitally concerned with growing in grace and the knowledge of the truth. (2 Peter 3:18, Titus 1:1) We need to keep in mind that Lord Jesus is the Truth. So we will be learning something of the Lord Jesus as we grow in Him.

I'm writing this because I see a lot of "discussion" that is really disputes about doctrines that have little to do with growing up in Christ. There are 12 aspects of the Christian life that I believe need to be foundations for every believer. I will cover each aspect separately over the next few days, as time permits.

A word about me. I struggled for much of my Christian life. Many of God's elite seemed to start off with great zeal and great success. People like John Wesley, Charles Spurgeon, Andrew Murray, Watchman Nee, Billy Graham and many others were in ministry most of the their Christian lives. I'm not one of that class. I struggled as a Christian, failed as a husband and studied much with little to show for it. Now after 50 years in the Lord, I can finally say that I have come to the knowledge of the truth. That does not mean that I know everything or that I am now perfect. It does mean that I know Jesus. Most of my struggles with faith are behind me. If God can do that for me, most assuredly He can do that for you.

I will be posting about the following fundamentals of faith. I have learned these the hard way as I do not know any other. The wise man learns from his mistakes. If you are really smart, you can learn from someone else's mistakes!

1. God loves you! Galatians 2:20
2. Seek the Kingdom of God. Matthew 6:33
3. Dying to self. Luke 9:23
4. What is a disciple?
5. Consecration Romans 12:1, Romans 6:13
6. Dead to sin. Romans 6:2
7. Renewing of the mind Romans 12:2
8. Spiritual Truth. 1 Timothy 2:4
9. Christ is your life. Romans 5:10
10. Dividing soul and spirit Hebrews 4:12
11. Salvation of the soul. 1 Peter 1:9
12. Dealing with unforgiveness. Romans 8:34