Spiritual Plague

• Thread starter Siberian_Khatru
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Siberian_Khatru

I can't say I was fond of their YouTube video being forced upon me as I entered chat.

Jan 15, 2011
Neither was I. Perhaps an option to skip the video immediately instead of being forced to watch a long portion of it.
Thankfully it hasn't reappeared the last three times I entered chat.

AlaynaJ

Staff member
Dec 15, 1999
It only will 'force' you to watch it once. After that one time it should not appear any more.

Scotty

Feb 10, 2010
You'll have to agree, though.. SP is so much better than a lot of other junk you'll find out there! At least they're Christain ;)

I

iraasuup

I muted it, because there wasn't an instant skip option.

However, it SHOULD only play once per user, then it won't appear again.

Let us know if you have it constantly appearing, as that's not what it's supposed to do.

S

Siberian_Khatru

I'm glad to hear it's a one time ordeal. The idea is still ill-implemented in my opinion. No disrespect to the band or to those that set the video in chat start up.

In the future, if this should come up again, I hope the skip function will not have a timer. Preferably, however, it would be nice to not have to be faced with it at all. Promoting the band is fine, but inhibiting people in the process - however brief - is not the best course.

Thanks for the replies, mods. :)

S

Siberian_Khatru

You'll have to agree, though.. SP is so much better than a lot of other junk you'll find out there! At least they're Christain ;)
They sound like the rest of modern/conventional rock that's stamped out to me. I appreciate the prose of their lyrical content, no doubt! Finding Christian rock that appeals to my musical taste is pretty difficult though.

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
General answer to everyone: :)

If you're a supporter of the site, there's a no-ads option in the control panel. Though I'm sorry that wasn't really working for that, so my apologies there (to any supporters). But it was just one minute, only one time. I'll try to make sure that if there is another such campaign, it won't show even one time, for supporters who have ads disabled.

If you're not a supporter of the site, and you're actually complaining that once in your months/years of using CC you had to wait through a one-minute commerical, well okay we'll make an "ad-free paid membership" just for you since you're not satisfied with the free membership version of CC. ;)

Last edited:

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Also keep in mind that the reason we've had to accept a sponsor and run a campaign is because we really needed the funds, even a small amount, because there has only been about 1% of active users each month participating in supporting the site. But my apologies again to any supporters who had ads disabled.

Also on a positive note, I believe we're getting more donations now so thank God for that and I hope it continues. We'd love to be totally "ad-free" if there's plenty of funding and participation in that. But if not we're also thankful for any Christian sponsor, to supplement the donations.

A

aprilandkeion

i like te video...like like like on fb

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
i like te video...like like like on fb
I like it too April.

Though we need funds, we're actually pretty selective, even about what Christian music videos we'll allow to be advertised in that way. I think that one has wide enough appeal and I believe it glorifies God and I know the lead singer (and I believe his whole band) does want to glorify God with their music.

S

Siberian_Khatru

I didn't mean for this to go over your head, Robo. I wasn't aware that this was a means to an end; I thought you were simply trying to promote the group.

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
No problem Siberian. We made a commitment to do this several weeks ago when we were really low on funds so we took it as God's provision and now we're simply delivering what we promised and we thank God for providing a Christian sponsor when it was needed to supplement what was lacking.

And many people do like it. :)