Spiritual Sacrifices.. Goosebumps.. Holy Spirit..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SpudLove

Jan 17, 2013
I have started to experience goosebumps whenever there is a joyous experience in my life.

for some reason I feel goosebumps and other chilling sensations are spiritual sacrifice.

I have heard of Holy Spirit goosebumps before, anybody else had or go through anything similar?

K

kenisyes

I have had them. I just ignore them. It's the fact that God is blessing you with joy that's important. If your body enjoys it too, that's an extra, nonessential blessing.

If I misunderstood, and you don't like it, just thank God for the joy and His love. Like anything in your body, if it's not from God, His love will overcome it soon enough.

G

GM777

Sometimes I feel a warmth or tingling go up and down my body whenever I listen to Christian music or think about something or even sometimes in prayer. I like to believe it's either the Holy Spirit or God reassuring me that what I'm doing is right or comforting me in the moment.

J

Jordache

I sense God a lot. I'm a worshiper. I chose a long time ago to never forsake a chance at corporate worship to with desperation and abandon. The other day I was talking to my friend, a worship leader, about how for so long I've felt like slapping his hands off the guitar so we can just sit in the silence of God, and have an extended worship time. We both agreed that when we leave the stage we just want to go back up and start again. I love the sermon, but sometimes it's hard to end the music. I just want more. Many times the worship team has exited into the music room and just stood there under the heavy presence of God. Some of us have fallen on our knees or burst into tears at the sheer awesomeness of God, and His desire to meet with us.
Goosebumps, an overwhelming desire to reach higher and higher into God, the desire to jump or scream, a feeling like warm water of oil was just poured over you, it's all happened... And so much more. These things happen when we truly seek God. We can also falsely seek the emotion or sensation to achieve them. There's no need. Gods power is overwhelming. His presence will completely whisk you away.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I understand that goose-pimply feeling and agree with it being a physical reaction to the presence of the Holy Spirit. But I also get a similar reaction when I'm out and about and encounter a situation where evil is at work, like that group of krishnas getting ready to recruit. My 'spidey-senses' (as I call that touch of the Holy Spirit) have outed a lot of demonic activity over the years.