Spiritual Ties

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MonicaLopez

Can some one please Explain to me what are spiritual ties exactly?

U

Ugly

Where are you getting this term from? And in what way is it being used?

E

episcopotic

These are meant to imply that you have some sort of spiritual connection with a person, place, or thing, which connects you in some way that isn't usual. For example, husband and wife are thought to have more than a simple legal connection to each other - and I'd agree that's the case.

However, some people take it to extremes, invoking ideas like (generational) curses, demons that follow certain families or individuals, haunted houses, love spells that bind you to another, etc. While there are things going on behind the scenes, these systems look like superstition and magic. Most problems are not caused by ties, but bad communication, boredom, and the human desire for drama.

If you ever find yourself burning a photo or burying a jar to cut a spiritual tie with someone, for example, that's plain old hoodoo.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I was wondering about that term too. Thanks episcopotic for explaining it :)