Spiritually matured

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

akekot

Before,I usually fall asleep during sermon at church,and reading the bible dont fascinates me...but not anymore now.

How can you guys tell if someone is spiritually matured already?

K

kenisyes

You will never be perfect in this life. But my guess is you are no longer a milk Christian. The examination is Heb. 6:1-2. If you pass, you need to consider embarking on your own ministry. The rest of Hebrews is for meat Christians, and much of the rest of the Bible also. You will also need to find a more intimate way to assemble than sitting and listening to the weekly rerun, that many call Sunday church (Heb. 10:25).

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Growing spiritually is a life-long process :). As we read the Bible, pray, fellowship with other Christians, attend church, and do service, the Holy Spirit works inside of us continually, helping us to grow in relationship with Him and His Father.

Congratulations on your journey! The Bible really is fascinating when we become aware of what it is!

Be warned....once you learn a biblical truth you will then be tested. Trials come, but Christ says He is always with us. We learn best by experience :).

jb

Feb 27, 2010
The spiritual maturity described in Heb 5v11-6v2 is not only doctrinal but also spiritual perception, in 2Chron 18v1-27, Jehoshaphat knew that, Ahab's 400 prophets did not bring the word of the Lord, his spiritual maturity was such that he perceived they had no anointing whatsoever, hence he asks Ahab to inquire of a true prophet, hence Ahab produces Micaiah, whom Jehoshaphat perceived to be a true prophet speaking God's word with an anointing on him.

This kind of spiritual perception is received by having prolonged communion with the Lord and sitting in His Presence, it is not a perception with the mind but with one's spirit with the Holy Spirit upon one.

Yahweh Shalom

I

intercessorginger

You know, to be honest, I don't think any of us is "spiritually matured". We are all growing and learning and we have Jesus as our example of how we should be.
Obviously...we all have a long way to go and we will be growing even in heaven.

karen0123

Dec 14, 2011
Spirituallymatured
EnglishStandard Version
Hebrews 5:14 but solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powersof discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.

Last edited:
T

tenderhearted

I agree that spiritual maturity is a life long process. We should always strive to grow in the LORD. Reading your word and sitting in God's presence is very important. But it's not the act of reading your bible that makes you mature. Plenty of people can do that... it's getting the revelation of what you are reading that's the best part. What that means is getting the head knowledge to sink into your heart. You can tell that this has happened when your perspective changes and you respond differently to situations. I can tell you that for years I read the word, but when the trials came, I wouldn't always have the best attitude. When God puts us to the test he is looking at the way that we respond to situations. He cares about how we behave when we don't get our way. Some specific examples are-- how do people respond to a job loss, sickness, broken relationships? Are we content with what we have? Do we trust that God will provide? Or do we blame God. Do we seek God because we love him or is it because of what we can get? Are we able to forgive people or are we choosing bitterness. Are we obedient when God ask us to do something or do we respond in fear? We will never be perfect and these test are meant to help us grow. God is not looking for perfect people. He wants a people who can acknowledge that apart from him we can to nothing. Besides, even when we fail we don't have to worry because God will provide an opportunity for us to take the test again. That's where they get the saying going around the same mountain again. :rolleyes: Like someone said before it's a journey. Enjoy it! Remember to trust God--even if you're scared to death of what the outcome may be. :)

Dec 19, 2009
Before,I usually fall asleep during sermon at church,and reading the bible dont fascinates me...but not anymore now.

How can you guys tell if someone is spiritually matured already?
We continue to mature our entire lives, hopefully.