Spiritually strangled.

• Thread starter xXErraticEmilyXx
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
X

xXErraticEmilyXx

While i was asleep this morning, I had quite a disturbing "dream"... or at least it started as one.
I dreamed I was lost at an amusement park, so I went to meet up with my dad and when I got to where he was, his girlfriend and another man was there. They had told me something about the horror show they had just seen and the man turned to me and said "you might see her too." Then suddenly I was in a bedroom, laying down and I felt a heavy weight on my stomach and then I felt hands grabbing my neck and holding me down. I couldn't see it, but I knew whatever it was was evil. The first thing I thought to do was condemn it, so sense I could not breathe, I repeated in my mind, "In the name of Jesus Christ, Go!" It instantly became less and less until I woke up from my sleep. I don't know what to make of it if anything, but I know that I could feel the pressure and the hands. I know I could not breathe and I was surprised my mother did not hear me gasp from the other room. I'm almost starting to not believe myself, but I know something happened and I could not breathe. Please pray for me. I need peace.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
I went through the same experience about 5 days ago... I understand about not believing it happend... I thought the same thing a few hours after mine happened...

One thing you have to be careful of now is not to fall into a spiritual rut! After my whole experience my spirit was so alive and well... But my body was so tired and weak I gave into a lot of temptations... It sounds ironic but that is how I could best explain it...

I am not saying you will have the same struggle, I am just warning you because I had the exact same experience (different dream but say thing happened)

I will pray,
Romans 8 explains what you did :) I would encourage you to read it :D

EDIT: p.s. Praise God for allowing you to use and hold the power over evil through Christ... That is an amazing experience.. I am also reading a book now called The Covering by Hank Hanegraaff, it explains a lot of spiritual warfare through biblical backings... I think you would enjoy it

Last edited:
E

Elizabeth78

The closer you get to The Lord, the harder the demons try to steer you away, I've had the same thing happen many times before, and it always scared me. Keep praying and seeking out God, it's all you can do. God Bless you.

J

jkalyna

Hey, I've had dreams that actually were spiritual warnings. When we believe in Jesus, he talks to us in many ways. What it seems like you are going through is spiritual warfare, and the enemey is laughing and trying to take your spiritual life to go into the world, the amusement park, is like the Lord saying, don't take the gospel as nothing, Rev. says the Lord spews out the Luke warm believer, not saying you are. Those who went in Jesus name who didn't really know him, but about him where beathen stripped naked and thrown out the door. The more you read the word, you will become stronger and you will know and will be secure at who your heavenly Father is, and you are his daughter. Demons could be terrifying very much so. They will cause fear and torment, keep rebuking them in Jesus name, close the doors that they are trying to enter. Jesus you called her Keep her as your word says in John 17 he prayed to his father, "keep them from the evil one", Jesus tells us many times "do not fear little flock", the words of the Lord are your weapon, the sword use the scriptures to fight against this.

Last edited:

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying in Jesus's name for all protection and peace.
Praise is a power weapon against the enemy.

God bless:)
pickles

J

jkalyna

Just wanted to add something from the bible. It says the weeds choke the word that is put into our heart like a seed to grow. The cares of this life choke the precious word. God will fight for you,,,

Attachments

X

xXErraticEmilyXx

I had another one of those dreams last night. It wasn't as scary this time, but I could still feel the grabbing. I really hope it goes away soon.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Scripture says resisit the devil and he will flee.
These kind of dreams seem to come every so often, but in time they will cease. :)
For the theif soon learns, he has no hold. :)
Just keep praising!, saying Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh!
It has been very effective for me. :)
Ill be praying in Jesus's name for all protection and victory won over any attacks. :)

HUgs and God bless
pickles

S

StandStrong

While i was asleep this morning, I had quite a disturbing "dream"... or at least it started as one.
I dreamed I was lost at an amusement park, so I went to meet up with my dad and when I got to where he was, his girlfriend and another man was there. They had told me something about the horror show they had just seen and the man turned to me and said "you might see her too." Then suddenly I was in a bedroom, laying down and I felt a heavy weight on my stomach and then I felt hands grabbing my neck and holding me down. I couldn't see it, but I knew whatever it was was evil. The first thing I thought to do was condemn it, so sense I could not breathe, I repeated in my mind, "In the name of Jesus Christ, Go!" It instantly became less and less until I woke up from my sleep. I don't know what to make of it if anything, but I know that I could feel the pressure and the hands. I know I could not breathe and I was surprised my mother did not hear me gasp from the other room. I'm almost starting to not believe myself, but I know something happened and I could not breathe. Please pray for me. I need peace.
it sounds to me like your dream is bring to light alot of what the "body" of Christ is going through today. Christians as a whole need to stand together more often and call on the name of Jesus and stop all the senseless fighting about unimportant issues. the world at large is in a spiritual battle and as Christians we are on the front lines however to many of us deny the truth of this and hide from the fact that not only are the unsaved battling with demonic strongholds but so are many of our brothers and sister in Christ.