Split the miscellaneous forum

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sharp

May 5, 2009
Hi there - just a suggestion - not something I feel passionate about, just something I think could improve the forums a bit.

In the miscellaneous forum, at any given time, there will be between 15-20 threads on the first page with about 4000 replies. These threads are pretty much conversational threads or threads like boys vs girls and whats the last thing you did.

I don't have a problem with these types of threads - indeed I like to partake in them sometimes, but the problem as I see it is that the first page of the miscellaneous forum will always be filled with these types of threads. Genuine miscellaneous topics don't get a chance because the conversational threads will always rise to the top because of the frequency and volume of replies they get.

I've seen genuine miscellaneous topics sink halfway down the second page of the forum within 3 hours of being posted, without a single response, not because the topic was boring, simply because one or two people had responded to 25 conversational threads and sunk the real threads to the bottom.

Again, I don't have an issue with these types of threads - I just think it would be beneficial if there was a separate forum for them (maybe call it the Conversation forum), so that miscellaneous topics in the miscellaneous forum would be given the attention they deserve.

Just a suggestion! - and I appreciate the great work that CC management does here. :)

W

wwjd_kilden

I agree! (I am one of those guilty of the top threads there :p)

L

Liesbeth

I agree too!

M

Matthew

Got my support 100%

I think all the 4000+ reply threads should get thier own forum called 'NONSENSE!' :D

That way threads posted in miscellaneous won't be on the 3rd page within an hour of posting and might actually get some responses!

C

christiancollegegirl

Yea, that's a pretty good idea.

F

fromtheinside0ut

Maybe call it the ''Games'' forum. Or just a sub-forum. You can do that, right? OR! "Good Clean Fun"

Sharp

May 5, 2009
I agree, what a great idea!