STOP KONY

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Ugly

“Don’t let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems that I can hear God saying to America “you are too arrogant, and if you don’t change your ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power, and I will place it in the hands of a nation that doesn’t even know my name. Be still and know that I’m God.” - Martin Luther King

OK, we'll just let genocidal, psychotic, mass murdering tyrants get away with it, because its not our job to stop them. Guess if i see a woman getting raped, i should just ignore that too, because i'm not a cop and its not my job to stop crime. So, if i ever see a gang beating you down, i'll be sure to keep walking and do nothing since i'm not an assigned cop. I wouldn't want to stand in judgement over rapists, or the guys beating you down. Good call.

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
OK, we'll just let genocidal, psychotic, mass murdering tyrants get away with it, because its not our job to stop them. Guess if i see a woman getting raped, i should just ignore that too, because i'm not a cop and its not my job to stop crime. So, if i ever see a gang beating you down, i'll be sure to keep walking and do nothing since i'm not an assigned cop. I wouldn't want to stand in judgement over rapists, or the guys beating you down. Good call.
Obama is your elected Servant, he exists to serve you. Obama is Not your leader, as the media would have you believe. Since he is your servant he should be held accountable when he fails to keep his promises.

The people of Uganda did not elect Barrack Obama, and they do not pay taxes to your government. Obama has no legal right to take what is yours and use it to overthrow dictators in other countries.

What happens in your country is your business. When you Americans get good at fixing your own country's problems, then perhaps you can think about how to fix the world's problems. I see plenty of crime in your own country for you to worry about.

Last edited:
U

Ugly

Great job at deflecting what i said and not giving a direct response to it. Because, well, you know i'm right.

J

Jordache

I have seen first hand the damage caused by Kony. I was in Africa last summer. I can understand the apathy. We feel like our two hands really aren't capable of much. But the fact is there are children being sold into all kinds of slavery. There are innocent people being tortured, murdered, and disfigured. O once watched a
video where a group was doing reconciliation ministry. They told the story of a group of women walking through the bush who
were attacked by boys from the LRA. these boys had been directed to hack any living thing into pieces. In all their 13 yrs, they knew only what theyd been brainwashed to do. They hacked at all the women except one who was pregnant, in their culture killing a pregnant woman would release a curse upon them.. Thus, they cut off her lips and ears. A few weeks later she gave birth to a healthy baby girl whom she named Gift. This women lived in a refugee camp which specialized in housing an treating the physical and psychological trauma of the countless victims of the LRA. A few yrs later, that 13 yr old boy was kidnapped back from the LRA. He saw the woman and wanted to run back to the bush in shame. The woman saw him too, and was shaken. For 3 weeks she avoided him until one day she found the strength. She handed Gift to the boy to hold abd asked if he remember her. He nodded and began weeping in apology. They reconciled, and both of their lives were. change.
If you've seen the Kony video, you should remember the part when the African boy is talking about how
his brother was kille with a panga when they slit his throat. Why does this cause mean so much to me? I've slept in those huts. Ive eaten their food, bathed their children, and made homemade bricks.
Being as white as I am in an Africa village is not usually a good thing for all. During my visit, I had group of teenage girls who absolutely hated me. No matter what I did, they would taunt me. One day, as we were walking up the hill to our base camp, we ran into a group of schoolaged kids. The older girls surrounded
me, lifted my shirt, and threw dirt at me. I kept moving through the crowd to get some distance, but thy followed me. As one other girl and I were going up the mountain, a group of the older girls were following me. They each had their panga--an old, rusty, handless machete used to chop through the bush-- and were slapping it threateningly on their palms. They were burning dirty looks into my back as I walked up the hill. From that point on, I was not allowed to go anywhere alone.

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
Great job at deflecting what i said and not giving a direct response to it. Because, well, you know i'm right.
Great job of ignoring an answer filled with truth, and holding on to your incorrect notions.

U

Ugly

Since when does someone have to be in a 'fully right' position to help another? In fact isn't it often true that God takes what seems to be foolish by mans standards and use it to do good and bring about His will? I don't see anywhere in my bible where it says people have to have everything together to first be able to help and serve others. Ok, there's an answer. Now where's the answer i'm waiting on?

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
Here is your answer: I already gave you this answer:

What happens in your country is your business. When you Americans get good at fixing your own country's problems, then perhaps you can think about how to fix the world's problems. I see plenty of crime in your own country for you to worry about.

U

Ugly

Still doesn't answer my remark about not helping a rape victim, or you, since its 'not my job'. But, i see you are just going to keep not answering something that shoots down your ideas. So i am done. I won't be back to waste my time with someone who refuses to answer.

C

camragirl73

Oh my pepole if you would read it says stop him not kill him

leelee

Sep 5, 2011
Oh my pepole if you would read it says stop him not kill him
how do you propose to stop him without death? aside from the fact that he is from an African country so if caught would most likely be trailed there, they would have every right to demand the death penalty (after all he has done).

next question, have you looked into indivisible children's finance? they use an awful lot of money to pay for guns! sounds like a great charity!

and finally, how would they stop kony without killing and injuring the children guarding him?

S

Siberian_Khatru

Kill the few to save the many.

Or that's the [wishful] thought process, anyway, I think.

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
Still doesn't answer my remark about not helping a rape victim, or you, since its 'not my job'. But, i see you are just going to keep not answering something that shoots down your ideas. So i am done. I won't be back to waste my time with someone who refuses to answer.

Wow... I guess I have to spell this out very explicitly:

You see someone being raped. What do you do?
"What happens in your country is your business." Is the rape occurring in your country? If so, then do something about it! "I see plenty of crime in your own country for you to worry about."

When do you begin to worry about rape / murder victims in other countries? When you Americans get good at fixing your own country's problems, then perhaps you can think about how to fix the world's problems.

I really do hope that I made this clear, because I honestly don't know how to make my response any clearer.

V

violakat

Like I've said in another "Stop Kony" thread, there will always be another Kony. We have had Napolean, Alexander the Great, Caesar, Hitler, and most recently Bin Laden. All men who conquered, and in some cases tortured whole groups of people. Kony is along the same line. Yes, sure it's great to want to bring Kony to justice. And if his country demands the death penalty, so be it. They have that right. However, just going to after this man is not going to stop another from rising in his place. The one thing everyone can do is educate. Teach children and adults alike, why what these men did/does is wrong. Teach them to have empathy for all people. Then and only then are we likely to not have another Hitler or another Kony.

As for someone saying that only Americans think this is their problem. I disagree with it being an American problem, but more of a Christian problem. As Christians, (and that includes everyone from China, Columbia, Mexico, England, Canada, Phillipines, and many other countries) I believe we are called to protect the innocent. But, how we protect them does not necessarily always means war. Sometimes, we do have to go to war, especially if it means we have to protect our country, but sometimes, war is not the answer. Sometimes, it's putting pressure on political leaders around the world to go after dangerous men/women. Sometimes, it's standing up for the rights of others, such as the Jews during the holocaust, or the slaves during the civil war, and late,r Black People and other ethnic minorities during the Civil rights movement. And then, sometimes it's actually being the one to stop a crime, such as murder, because you are the only one that is there. But, we should always educate, specifically on God's law and hold each other accountable.

And why I say accountable in this is because Kony's group is supposedly a Christian group. Yep, that's right, the LRA started out as a Christian Rebel Movement. So as Christians, what should we do? Well, it's possible God does want to bring him to justice, or it's possible that God wants Christians to go to countries, where there are people who are hurting, and bring the love of Christ to them. To show them what true Christianity is all about.

V

violakat

Like I've said in another "Stop Kony" thread, there will always be another Kony. We have had Napolean, Alexander the Great, Caesar, Hitler, and most recently Bin Laden. All men who conquered, and in some cases tortured whole groups of people. Kony is along the same line. Yes, sure it's great to want to bring Kony to justice. And if his country demands the death penalty, so be it. They have that right. However, just going to after this man is not going to stop another from rising in his place. The one thing everyone can do is educate. Teach children and adults alike, why what these men did/does is wrong. Teach them to have empathy for all people. Then and only then are we likely to not have another Hitler or another Kony.

As for someone saying that only Americans think this is their problem. I disagree with it being an American problem, but more of a Christian problem. As Christians, (and that includes everyone from China, Columbia, Mexico, England, Canada, Phillipines, and many other countries) I believe we are called to protect the innocent. But, how we protect them does not necessarily always means war. Sometimes, we do have to go to war, especially if it means we have to protect our country, but sometimes, war is not the answer. Sometimes, it's putting pressure on political leaders around the world to go after dangerous men/women. Sometimes, it's standing up for the rights of others, such as the Jews during the holocaust, or the slaves during the civil war, and late,r Black People and other ethnic minorities during the Civil rights movement. And then, sometimes it's actually being the one to stop a crime, such as murder, because you are the only one that is there. But, we should always educate, specifically on God's law and hold each other accountable.

And why I say accountable in this is because Kony's group is supposedly a Christian group. Yep, that's right, the LRA started out as a Christian Rebel Movement. So as Christians, what should we do? Well, it's possible God does want to bring him to justice, or it's possible that God wants Christians to go to countries, where there are people who are hurting, and bring the love of Christ to them. To show them what true Christianity is all about.
I forgot to add, that we are also called to pray, pray for guidance, and wisdom, for God to bring up Godly men and women to know what to do.

U

Ugly

Wow... I guess I have to spell this out very explicitly:

You see someone being raped. What do you do?
"What happens in your country is your business." Is the rape occurring in your country? If so, then do something about it! "I see plenty of crime in your own country for you to worry about."

When do you begin to worry about rape / murder victims in other countries? When you Americans get good at fixing your own country's problems, then perhaps you can think about how to fix the world's problems.

I really do hope that I made this clear, because I honestly don't know how to make my response any clearer.
Actually if you'd read my question correctly you'd see, no, you didn't answer it. And you still ignore most anything i say. All you can do is repeat yourself. No matter what point is presented to you, all you can do is say the same thing over and over. You have no ability to think beyond parroting yourself. Repeating your point is not a defense. I understand your point, i understood it the first time, and the tenth time. But you still haven't said anything new in defense of it, nor have you been able to say anything to discredit or disarm my points or questions. You're just a broken record with no depth in what you're saying, just broken and repeating.

BillyTheKid

Feb 17, 2009
One question: How is any of this a suggestion? Please take this to another "Kony 2012" thread. Thanks

Oct 20, 2011
Well that's easy..... all we have to do is somehow get the US army back home and the killing will stop. forget Kony.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Guys, this forum is for suggestions for improvements to this site. There are other Kony threads in the forums to carry on this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.