STOP! LISTEN! IGNORE!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

richie_2uk

First of all, Sorry for the long read. But for those who has patience and time to read this, God bless.

There is really nothing much that the admin or Mod’s can do at this moment, other than warn people of misuse of the ChristianChat Site. Banning is there last resort, and quite right too if rules are broken by the troublesome people.
Something you will always get on a good site, are people who likes to cause a stir, like to cause arguements, and even go all out to cause trouble in its fullness. Why? Well it’s just in their blood to disrupt, confuse, and misuse something good. Possibly? those people has never witnessed or experienced good in there lives, and don’t know how to handle what is good if it given to them in the face. And if that’s the case with them! maybe you may be lead to pray for them.

I am writing this thread, maybe as a awareness for you to recognise the way they go by there daily routine trying to disrupt, derail, confuse, cause grief, cause trouble, lies, and the list goes on. To them it’s fun. To them its games they think they can get away with. To them it’s there heartless way to show a bit of evil.

It’s an ever increasing problem, and we really need to get a grips with it. Otherwise we are just falling to their level. The more we create awareness on the site? It will help newer Christian members to recognise this growing problem. So they are not lead astray, so they are not seeing Christianity as a put off. We are called to preach the gospel, to help those in need to be saved by God. But they will make the choice from their own free will of course.
But how are we going to do this if you get people like above, who causing trouble, causing disruption, and causing chaos? Well one way is showing them that we know how they are working, how we know of their ways. Because at the moment, they think they got it sussed. They think they got it under their control.

I have written something that may help. Again it’s your free will to apply it. But if you don’t want to see upset, or get angry or argue or even fight or even come to their level. Then maybe, have a read to see if this is any help.

STOP!

I can see that you want to get involved in answering or sharing your thoughts on certain matters. And that in itself is not bad. But what you can before you reply, or comment back or write something in return is to try do is this:

1. If you see a thread that you feel you want to answer or reply to. STOP! Think first. Read the thread title, you can even pray about it, to see if its God will for you to get involved. Because God does not want you to get involved in something that may upset your journey. Remember a Christian is to be Christ like, not Human like. If it is God’s will, then he will give you the right words to say, without your own words that may cause the thread to be taken wrong, and cause an effect for others to join in. You will then give chance for the derailers, diffusers, disruptors, trouble causers to get there penny’s worth of trouble in. before long? You are ending up fighting, arguing, and going to their level. Will all that be worth it?
  2. These people are clever, Not that I am given them praises. But they can start a thread, and the titles of their thread may seem legit, whether it’s a question, or a quote, or something that they say has come into mind that they need help with. But the fact of the matter. Its their little clever way to cause an effect. That means, you cannot see the emotion behind writing or text. They are saying something, knowing it would cause trouble, which is what they want to see. But its covered by clever wordings so that you don’t see their real reason why they asked or said. So STOP! Think for a moment, and ask yourself if you really want to answer the thread. If you do, then think through God, By that I mean pray and let God speak through you to give the right words to say. “ Not all threads are harmful, not all threads are troubled caused, not all threads are from these trouble makers. “ So we need to have some discernment when answering these threads.

LISTEN!

We as Christians needs to listen to God more. In order for us to say the right words of God, we need to listen to God to get those right words. If we answer on our own thoughts? Though I am not saying that your feedback or your own initial thoughts may not be valid and wrong. But the fact is, its your thoughts, comments, your own personal wording and Not of God. You may say something that is interesting, even something that is a genuine and valid comment. But it may not be for others, as they may take wrong or read wrong, or even take offence. God’s words are not offensive, God’s words are true and justified. God’s words are correct. So if you want to help? Let God speak through you. That way people won’t be arguing against you.

IGNORE!

If you have answered a thread and the thread has gone haywire and out of control and you may see an argument or trouble brewing up. That’s your calling to not get involved anymore. We can get tempted to get involved and then your words or comments can fuel the fire and then before you know it, you are at the same level as them who started the trouble in the first place. The fuelled thread will dampen when people ignore the first sign of trouble.

In a nut shell, what I am trying to say. Don’t give matches to children to play with. And No this is not a commercial. But by that quote I hope you will see what I’m trying to say. I also know it’s not scriptural, but common sense should kick in. God bless. I hope this hasn’t been taken wrong. I meant this thread in a Friendly way in hope that you will understand. And help you be aware of this growing problem. I know I will get some negative feedback, and know this thread will be up for those trouble makers to have a field day with. But God loves them, and until their hearts are shown in the mirror by God, we just have to be cautious about the threads we take part in. God bless everyone.

SORRY FOR THE BIG READ! But for those who has time and patience to read this. God bless.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Thank you for making a difference Richie, I have seen such threads more times than i can count. Sometime its an obvious attempt to mess with us others it's a secret one. I notice some people usually new comers make a thread that commonly causes very heated debates such as we are not bound to the law, or the rapture or the beast and they post their so called question and never return or reply to the thread.
There are also certain people who may be legit but refuse to listen to reason. I knew a person on here named sinless, he had it in his mind he never sins at all. And constantly Posted this and called all of us sinners. I kindly as I could tried to reason with him but I knew he was not going to budge so i as they did in the bible shook the dust off my feet and left the thread.

But sadly many people get caught up in the trap or what I call war threads, tbh people have fun arguing with each other I would know because long ago I was like that as well and trust me it is addictive. some people can humbly debate others get so heated into the argument they say very rude things to each other. I have made threads to show people what is going on just as you are but few if any listen that I know of.
But I neither judge or condemn these people because It is not my place to judge nor correct them, all we can do Richie at this point is to plant the seed and see if it will grow

1still_waters

Good thoughts
Bottom line, if a topic really revs your engines, and gets ya overheated, then don't open it, and most certainly don't reply or keep on replying.

D

djness

I would add to your list REPORT! Because stilly and the rest don't get to comb through all the threads that pop up over and over with the same topics.

For instance if a thread says Jesus rides a magical milk carton and will soon take us all to his Malibu mansion for drinks, feel free to report it!