STOP TAKING GOD FOR GRANTED

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CEF

I've posted things like this before but God is heavily laying it on my heart. Christians, no matter how old, how young you are. It doesn't matter how many material belongings you have. You could have the nicest house or the ugliest house, that no matter. God does not care about what you have, He cares about who is living in your heart. Girls, don't let the boys have your heart. Boys, don't let the girls have your heart. Only one person should have your heart and that should be JESUS CHRIST He does not want to share your heart with your boyfriend or girlfriend, or your significant other. What are you doing for God? This world has a huge problem taking God for granted, why are we taking God for granted? Those people that think she's not talking to me, I'm talking to all Christians. Whether we admit it or not we all have at some point or will take God for granted. But, God does not want that. Did you hear that, God does not want that.

When we go through a trial or tribulation we want to blame God first. We start questioning God. Why would God let something like this happen to me. The problems in our life happens because God wants the best for us, or is trying to show us something. I would like to share a piece of scripture with you. This chapter I ask that you read thoroughly its what God me started on writing this.

Matthew 28:16-20 also known as the Great Commission says, "The 11 disciples traveled to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had directed them. When they saw Him, they worshipped, but some doubted. Then Jesus came near and said to them, " All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. GO, THEREFORE, AND MAKE DISCIPLES OF ALL NATIONS, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, TEACHING THEM TO OBSERVE EVERYTHING I HAVE COMMANDED YOU. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age." Some of the verses are all caps due to drawing emphasis. This is how Jesus wants us to talk. These verses are speaking to everybody that are Christians. When you asked Jesus to come into your life you GAVE your life to Christ.

Questions to ponder about. Are you giving God your absolute everything? Are you sharing your heart with anybody? Who are you living for?

Share your feelings and thoughts about God, what do you think. I've shared mine its your turn what has God laid on your heart.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
CEF, I hope you're doing better today. :) I completely agree with you, people DO take God for granted. If you will read the 3 threads I told you about, you will understand why I DONT take him for granted!! I will admit that when I first found out that I had cancer, I questioned God as to why I got it, and my sister, who has a 30-something year smoking habit, did not. However, I have been blessed enough to know with each trial I face, what the reason for it is. My most recent trial was back in late March, when I slipped and fell on some ice. I landed flat on my back, which is already screwed up anyway. Back then I was hooked on bacon jerky. LOL. I would buy 10-12 bags at a time, and eat half of them in one day!! The day I fell, I was headed to Walmart to buy some more. After I fell, instead of going back home as I should have, I continued on to Walmart and bought several bags of bacon jerky. A couple of days later, I got very sick and threw up for half the day. I had bacon poisoning from eating so much of it!! I was laid up for over a month with a sore back, and I know the reason I fell was God trying to teach me a lesson about gluttony. It sure worked!! I havent had any cravings for bacon jerky ever since!!! LOL. :)
Am I giving God my absolute everything? I try to, everyday I give it my best shot. I share my heart with him, and I share it with others in need on here. I live for Jesus, or at least I try to. Whenever I dont, he lets me know it!! LOL!! :)

May 3, 2013
Questions to ponder about:

A) Are you giving God your absolute everything? No! I need to talk to Him (instead, I need Him to talk to me)

B) Are you sharing your heart with anybody? No! Somewhat "available" but in the process of recovery from having shared it.

C) Who are you living for? None! Yet.

C

CEF

Wow, thanks blue ladybug for sharing.