(Story) Crazy Life 3

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

neyney

Catching games are already pretty hard with Layne. How can she just be so much faster than me? But Mommy says that will change when I grow up. I hope that happens soon. I want to finally be an adult .
>>You lame duck!<<, Layne laughs at me.
>>Just you wait, I'll show you that I'm faster!<<
When I try my best and run as fast as I can, I really manage to catch her. Maybe I'm finally grown.
>>Yeah, you! Who is lame now, paw?<< , I grin.
>>Don't call me like that<<, she screams and pushes me away.
I do not even fall down. At least I'm stronger than her.
>>Do you hear that?<<, she suddenly asks.
>>What?<<
>>Listen.<<
I am silent for a moment and really hear something. A faint cry. Where that only comes from?
Layne indicates with her little hands awkwardly on our house and she's right.
She clings to my arm.
>>Don't worry<<, I console her.
I am her big brother so I take her hand and walk with her to the terrace. The glass door is ajar and the screaming stopped. Also in the living room is no sound. Layne clings even stronger on my arm (for a four-year-old she has a pretty strong grip) and we walk slowly to the kitchen. Again the door is ajar and I stumble gently on.
Mommy on the floor and Daddy leans over her. She whimpers softly. What are they doing here? Mommy sees us and is lightning fast, but she is not well. She's bleeding on her head and has scratches on the arms. Her right eye is kind of purple. Still she tries to smile at us and bends down with a groan to us.
>>Go back outside to play, sweeties.<< Now she turns to me. >>Come on, take care of your sister. Okay? You are a big boy.<<
>>Okay, Mommy.<<
When we go, Daddy closes the door behind us and something creaks in the lock, a key. Suddenly Layne runs off and pulls me along behind her. Even when we arrived outside, she still wants to keep running and I stop and jot her down.
>>Let's continue playing<<, I say.
Mommy told me to take care of her and I will. I'm a big boy.