Story floating around online: "A Pastor was traveling last week, he saw an old man...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Anonimous

Re: Story floating around online: "A Pastor was traveling last week, he saw an old ma

Sounds like a nut to me.

T

The_highwayman

Re: Story floating around online: "A Pastor was traveling last week, he saw an old ma

This is MBFM. Christ and the Father NEVER disagree, nor does the Father EVER do anything in which the Son is not in full agreement. Christ NEVER tries to talk the Father into another path, He is in complete subjection to the Father...

Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

And the Father is greater than the Son...

Joh 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Christ Himself, laid out the definite steps that must occur up to His return and this is not a last chance, it is the beginning of the Millenium when all will come to the Father through the Son. This story is just wrong on many different levels.
I agree John and even Jesus said he does not know the time or the hour of his own return, and not the angles, only the Father knows.

B

BELIEVE

do you take everything literally in revelations, do you think Jesus is actually a lamb.

anyway if christians are going to just believe everything written on the internet as long as the person just has to claim they are christians they are going to be mislead by anyone and everyone.
brother sc81.

you missed the point iwas trying to express completely and i apologize for not clarifying properly.

and by the way... yes i take god's holy word literally in all its glory ( the natural word and the supernatural word of god )... his holy word is divinity and perfection.

revelations 5:5-6
[SUP]5 [/SUP]And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

so i shall explain myself further and what i was saying...

an elder told john... don't cry.. for a lion from from the tribe of judah has stepped forward to approach god himself and to take the sealed book from god's holy hand... for this lion has overcame... also dear john... this lion is from the lineage of king david.

and then john looked and what did he see... a slaughtered lamb standing among god's throne... along with the four beasts... and among also the elders... and this slaughtered lamb had seven horns and seven eyes... which is the seven spirits of god sent into the whole world.

and those seven spirits of god/ seven eyes/ seven horns... are found in isaiah 11:2... for they are one in the same.

isaiah 11:2
[SUP]2 [/SUP]And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;

1. holy spirit/ spirit of god
2. spirit of wisdom
3. spirit of understanding
4. spirit of counsel
5. spirit of might
6. spirit of knowledge
7. spirit of god fearing

and by the way... stood a Lamb as it had been slain... this is a present tense sentence... so in other words... there stood a bloody slaughtered lamb among the elders, the four beasts, and among god's own holy throne.

the greek word used here for slain is... sphazo... and it means... to slay, to slaughter, to butcher, to put to death by violence, to mortally wound, to kill... present tense.

the elders are the 24 priests...

1. 12 from the old testament ( jacob's 12 sons )
2. 12 from the new testament ( our lord jesus christ 12 disciples w/ paul being the 12th disciple )

the four beasts is the 4 gospels.

1. matthew ( lion )
2. mark ( ox )
3. luke ( man face )
4. john ( eagle )

so what i was stating was to you and your comment not the story...

you stated...
why is Jesus bleeding
in post 10.

god bless and much love.

May 15, 2013

Well I do know before or after, strange light appeared in the sky; but it could be the Trumpets of the Angels being blown in the beginning, and the one that's at the end of the disaster could be Jesus sounding off his to stop the Angels from blowing. I guess that is what is going on in the heavens, God's mercy keep on intervening.

Revelations 4:1 After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

The lights are reported to appear while an earthquake is occurring, although there are reports of lights before or after earthquakes, such as reports concerning the 1975Kalapana earthquake.[SUP][1][/SUP] They are reported to have shapes similar to those of the auroras, with a white to bluish hue, but occasionally they have been reported having a wider color spectrum. The luminosity is reported to be visible for several seconds, but has also been reported to last for tens of minutes. Accounts of viewable distance from the epicenter varies: in the 1930 Idu earthquake, lights were reported up to 70 miles (110 km) from the epicenter.[SUP][2][/SUP] Earthquake lights were reportedly spotted in Tianshui, Gansu, approximately 400 kilometres (250 mi) north-northeast of the earthquake's epicenter.[SUP][3][/SUP] During the 2007 Peru earthquake lights were seen in the skies above the sea and filmed by many people. The phenomenon was also observed and caught on film during the 2009 L'Aquila[SUP][4][/SUP][SUP][5][/SUP] and the 2010 Chile earthquakes.[SUP][6][/SUP] Video footage has also recorded this happening during the 9 April 2011 eruption of Sakurajima Volcano, Japan. The phenomenon was also reported around the Amuri Earthquake in New Zealand, that occurred 1 September 1888. The lights were visible in the morning of 1 September in Reefton, and again on 8 September.[SUP][7]
[/SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquake_light
John 1:4
In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

john832

May 31, 2013

Not to mention that the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the SON..it is Jesus that initiates the seals and the trumpets by cracking the 7th seal.
He actually opens them all...

Rev 5:2 Then I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open the scroll and to loose its seals?"
Rev 5:3 And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll, or to look at it.
Rev 5:4 So I wept much, because no one was found worthy to open and read the scroll, or to look at it.

Do we really think this was circulated hoping to find someone to opne the seals? Naw, this was done to show heaven and earth that ONLY Christ (of course the Father could) was qualified to do this...

Rev 5:5 But one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals."
Rev 5:6 And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.
Rev 5:7 Then He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.
Rev 5:8 Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
Rev 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying: "You are worthy to take the scroll, And to open its seals; For You were slain, And have redeemed us to God by Your blood Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,
Rev 5:10 And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth."

He not only opens the seals, He interprets them...

Rev 6:1 Now I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals; and I heard one of the four living creatures saying with a voice like thunder, "Come and see."
Rev 6:2 And I looked, and behold, a white horse. He who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you.
Mat 24:5 For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.

Rev 6:3 When He opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, "Come and see."
Rev 6:4 Another horse, fiery red, went out. And it was granted to the one who sat on it to take peace from the earth, and that people should kill one another; and there was given to him a great sword.

Mat 24:6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom...

Rev 6:5 When He opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come and see." So I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand.
Rev 6:6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, "A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the oil and the wine."

Mat 24:7 ... And there will be famines, ...

Etc. Christ interprets the seals in Mat 24