Struffling with a future husband and christianity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
I have some questions about Christianity and what I'm currently struggling with. I am a gay male in a relationship with another gay man. I take care of this man as a friend and [with his disease he would have no one else], and yet I feel that somehow I will be shunned by other Christians simple because of the homosexuality. I believe that only God can see into our heart, and that he is merciful and living and will look upon me with without malice but mercy
Your question will have to be unpacked to be able to answer it adequately as it has more than one aspect.

I will assume that your relationship with the other man is sexual. If it is not do let me know. From a biblical perspective all sex outside of marriage (man/woman) is sin which means that no homosexual sex is approved by God. If anyone tells you otherwise they are lying. Currently there are people who are trying to make homo-sex no big deal to God but they are using the Queen Janes Bible.

Anyone is free to care for another person regardless of gender. A friend of ours who is a trained nurse and unmarried, spent several years looking after another unmarried women until she died, who had health problems. There was nothing sexual about the relationship.

I get the feeling that your fear of being shunned is due to the fact that you know that homosexuality is wrong. That is good because the scriptures says that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. When one is arrogant and prideful, you cannot see the wood for the trees.

I do not know where you get this idea that God would look on you with malice. If that were the case, he would not have bothered with sending his son Jesus to provide the salvation we need.

Having said that, if we want God's approval, we need to heed his word and follow his commandments. If my impression is right that you want God's approval for you and your sin, it just won't fly. A God who has provided a sacrifice for sin so that we may be free of it is not going to give anyone the impression that you can be free and be in bondage to sin at the same time.

So yes, God is love, but he cannot give you abundant life whilst sin is entertained. Sin will separate you from God, for eternity and on a daily basis and the wages of sin is death. We all die physically but only those who are right with God avoid the spiritual death that is coming.

You are quite true that God can look into your heart, but be assured that people can do that as well through the gift of discernment. I have done that many times and have been right. It is one of the reasons why I am going to say the following.

Homosexuality has become something that is whatever you make it. Having counselled those with an unwanted same sex attraction and read extensively on the subject this is what I have found.

No one is responsible for their same sex attraction. One acquires that because in childhood a person is the recipient of rejection from those closest to them which leaves them confused and uncertain about who they are.

What one does with that rejection is a choice. No one makes you do what you do. Homosexuality is seen as an experience that affirms your manhood so why would you not go down that path. When you don't know what constitutes manhood, you can easily be deceived and that is what homosexuality is...a deception.

The power of God can and does provide everything that is needed for a person to avoid or escape sin or bondage of any kind and that is available to you...if you want it. You chose homosexuality as a means to discover your manhood so you can choose to relinquish it.

Until you make this decision, God is quite capable of loving you but you have to accept that your sin will mar your relationship with God as God cannot look on habitual sin because to do so would be mocking Jesus and all that he has done for us on and through Calvary.