struggles to be christian as a teenager

• Thread starter TheTruthAboutTheTruth
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TheTruthAboutTheTruth

I was thinking lately of a way to serve God and one of the ideas that came to mind was helping teens my age who were trying to follow God because i know what's that like and its not easy so if anyone needs any encouragement,word of wisdom,understanding of the bible and certain questions that don't seem to be getting answered answered I'm here for you and I'll do my best by God's grace to help

K

kennethcadwell

That would be a good thing to do, because in looking at research material there is tons of things for little kids to do to get their interest in the bible. And tons among tons of never ending research books that only adults can get into.
As for teenagers there is not much there, as through those years and I know for myself when I was a teen the attention spand goes out the window. You have to do something they are into and draws their attention.
I was in the process a couple of years ago, but took a step back for alittle while because I felt drawn to go another direction in my walk, was drawing up a comic book based off the bible.
I don't know if the Lord will call me back to finish it or not, but for now He has got me doing more scriptural study.

C

CRC

Conforming to God’s standards always works for our good. (Isaiah 48:17, 18) Ignoring them inevitably leads to heartache You have likely observed that in this selfish world, it is easy to ‘shut the door of one’s tender compassions’ and ignore the needs of others. (1 John 3:17) Christians, however, are commanded to love their neighbor and to have intense love for one another. (Matthew 22:39; 1 Peter 4:8) Helping others with their struggles is a truly kind work!

C

cmarieh

I was thinking lately of a way to serve God and one of the ideas that came to mind was helping teens my age who were trying to follow God because i know what's that like and its not easy so if anyone needs any encouragement,word of wisdom,understanding of the bible and certain questions that don't seem to be getting answered answered I'm here for you and I'll do my best by God's grace to help
Maybe you should try talking with your youth pastor and he would know of ways you could help the areas youth.

T

TheTruthAboutTheTruth

Aww thank you for the encouragement you guys and i did speak to my youth pastor and he was behind me 100% I decided to start small and start a youth/prayer line for people 25 and under so far teenagers my ages have been coming on the line and getting edified so I'm really excited about that.

S

ScaryJS97

I'm 17, got saved when I was 15, so I know exactly where you're coming from. And honestly fellowship with other Christians, especially my age, is desperately what I need right now. I only know a couple of other believers... Everyone else I love around me rejects Christ. It really really hurts to watch the people I love kill themselves, and I'm tired of it. I want more of God's people around. I'm not saying I don't want to know them, but I want the people closest to me to be people who I don't have to worry and mourn about in terms of their eternal destination and the way they live this life. More importantly I want my closest friends to acknowledge and love God because He is love, grace, truth, and life, and He deserves nothing more than our surrender and worship. I just want to cry.

So some fellowship and friendship with other believers is really what I need right now. I'd appreciate having another person to walk this walk with.

Last edited by a moderator: