Struggling in my faith

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternallysaved

Hey everyone, I've been feeling really down lately, and I feel like my faith is getting weaker. I don't know what else to do, I have a lot of spiritual warfare and it's really getting me down, causing me depression and wanting to give up. Truly, I don't want to give up at all, I want to serve God, and get into ministry, but I feel my life is really confusing. I had two major life changes happen this month, including a break up with my ex-fiance, and college. Now, I'm not really sure what God wants me to do, and I don't want to get into something and it ended being the wrong thing for me. Regarding my ex-fiance, at this point I'm really glad it's over between me and him because he had a serious problem that was destroying him, plus, we had disagreed on important things, and I felt that we were at different levels with our walk with Christ. He wasn't good for me at all. It still hurt though, because he lied to me, for almost a year, and I feel so betrayed. I really need some support right now from some Christian people...

GodssSon

Apr 29, 2012
I'm praying for you eternallysaved, that your faith may be strong in the Lord so you may be able to get past anything that comes against you!

"In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire —may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls. " - 1 Peter 1:6-9 =]

B

Brandon777

Trust is earned. God's love is difficult for me to understand because it is unlike other loves. But don't get so caught up in the turbulent waters of your life that you miss God as He extends His reach. He doesn't help those people that don't extend their reach back to Him. We are the ones who broke His trust, it's up to us to earn that closeness with the Spirit of the Father of all creation back. It's difficult when we ourselves are so alone and lonely; we can blame, if not just a bit of our loneliness, on God. God is there, always has been, ready for anyone who would believe in Him, that He is good in all His magnificence. Perfect love casts out all fear. Reach, and love God instead of fearing for your future with college. I encourage you. You can have your dream back for ministry. "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." James 4:8

S

shekaniah

Hang in there...
Life is full of ups and downs.
I'll pray for you too.
Love in Jesus, Shekaniah

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Keep seeking him and he will work all the rest out, and he will give you peace, rest and direction for your life
God bless you

hellopeople

Jun 2, 2012
Just remember;

Psalm 34:18
he LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

everything happens for a reason,

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6VrlP8Ak5Y[/video]

God has the love to see you through this fiery trial, once it's over it will all make sense, hold on sister, the Lord's got your hand.

R

Risen

Dear eternallysaved
What helped me alot when I went through similar turmoil that you are going through is knowing that Jesus loves and cares for me even though I felt that the whole world has forsaken me. But really it was just one person, my husband. Like what you said, He was not good enough for me. I am grateful now that he left. Even though I felt betrayed, forsaken, beaten, lied to, depressed, the fact remains the same, that no one on earth has ever faced what is it like to go through utter betrayal, brutally beaten, ultimate neglected and forsaken yet He choose to remain silent, calm and collected. Why? because he knew that one day I and you will go through the same path that he came through and we will bound to ask him for help. He will say to us to just follow His footsteps and all will be well not matter what.

I encourage you to read and medidate on Isaiah 43: you will find that you are precious and honorable to God and that he made you for His pleasure and His glory. That you forget your past, live your life now and anticipate the future glory and blessings that God has instore for you life.

My prayers are with you
God be with you
Lose

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Eternallysaved, rest in Jesus, this is a time of sorrow for you, and scripture says that Jesus is close to the broken hearted.
You are in my prayers in Jesus, for all His care, rest and love.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

W

wwjd_kilden

Talk to God ( ...and then comes the hard part: listen to God ).

As for not doing something He does not want you to do: As long as you do not do something you know is wrong,I think it is better to do it, than to do nothing. When you listen, and act, God can do wonderful things:

2 Kings:

[24] And it came to pass after this, that Ben-hadad king of Syria gathered all his host, and went up, and besieged Samaria.
[25] And there was a great famine in Samaria: and, behold, they besieged it, until an ass's head was sold for fourscore pieces of silver, and the fourth part of a cab of dove's dung for five pieces of silver.

[3] And there were four leprous men at the entering in of the gate: and they said one to another, Why sit we here until we die?
[4] If we say, We will enter into the city, then the famine is in the city, and we shall die there: and if we sit still here, we die also. Now therefore come, and let us fall unto the host of the Syrians: if they save us alive, we shall live; and if they kill us, we shall but die.
[5] And they rose up in the twilight, to go unto the camp of the Syrians: and when they were come to the uttermost part of the camp of Syria, behold, there was no man there.
[
6] For the Lord had made the host of the Syrians to hear a noise of chariots, and a noise of horses, even the noise of a great host: and they said one to another, Lo, the king of Israel hath hired against us the kings of the Hittites, and the kings of the Egyptians, to come upon us.
[
7] Wherefore they arose and fled in the twilight, and left their tents, and their horses, and their asses, even the camp as it was, and fled for their life.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I'm sorry about the hurt your ex-boyfriend caused :(

That betrayal can really hurt and it'll take a little while to heal from it. But it sounds like it was for the best....for you anyway :)

Don't make any sudden decisions but rest in Christ for awhile. He will guide you on your way when you're ready. Just wait for Him.

A couple of things that helps me when I'm depressed is listening to worship music and walking outside. Being out in nature is like being in God's presence :)

Praying for comfort, peace, and guidance for you, sweetie. Hang in there....you are immensely loved :)

E

eternallysaved

Thanks a lot everyone for the prayers and comments :) they are greatly appreciated :)