Struggling with Church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

freetolove

Greetings, I know that I am new to the site and I come with a heavy question. I am having a hard time with worshipping services. It seems as though we attend service as a family however my little ones don't like it cause none of the other kids interact with them.. My oldest son has managed to date one of the young ladies that has attended this church for awhile.. Break up wasn't pretty! When the breakup took place so has everything else. Of course we don't attend church for relational reason but ideal we are there for one common goal to praise God. However when your being ostracized for events that you have very little control over it makes you wonder is this the place for you and your family.. Is this how Jesus will handle the situation. My husand is widely respected throughtout the congregations just I and the kids are depicted as a problem... Where is Jesus in all of this? Its hard attending church/worship when your family is distracted.. The little ones go to worship to take a nap and the oldest has refuse to return.. However this past week we visited another church the kids loved the worship services, and my husband did as well. The verdict is still out on my oldest.. I enjoyed myself however my husband is still not sold on the idea that the other church may not be the best fit for us us.. Please pray with me regarding this situation because I believe that this is hindering our assisgnment...

F

freetolove

Sorry folks I guess I should have introduced myself--- Free to love is my contact name and I just joined this evening.. I am looking for some Godly answers an praying that one of you may have had similar stuations.. Thank you for allowing me this time on the forum..

Free to Love

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
freetolove Hello and welcome to Christian Chat
I will be praying for you
God Bless,

A

Arouca1

I'll remember you in prayer. I went through struggles about membership at the church where I got saved a few years ago and eventually left. I'm happy where I am now, but it was a difficult decision to make. Much prayer is needed about this>Ask God !

U

Ugly

hi and welcome, freetolove
As a friendly tip thought i'd let you know we do have a prayer forum as well. You may want to consider posting your request there as there will likely be more readers, and responders and actual prayers. There are some good prayer warriors there. :) The new users section doesn't seem to be too heavily read, and may not get your as many prayers.

S

shekaniah

Welcome to CC! You can find love and support here, and Ugly is right this would be better posted in the prayer forum.

Father you know the hearts of this family, give her husband the insight, to know where the family would have the opportunity
to get to know You more Lord. Plant them in a church where they would not only grow closer to Jesus, but to each other as well.
In Jesus Name, amen