stugling...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

justmeonlyme

Jan 16, 2010
hay so ummm im not really sure how to say this. i am a memeber on another christian forum and i mentioned these things and i got some very negative coments about it so im really nervis about shearing this but people here seem really supportive so i guess ill just go for it...
so well ummm 3 years ago things started going bad with my friends they started acting not very frined like then at the same time my grandad was really sick and some other things where going on then things just worse and worse with my friends and then i started i ... i.... started self harming... im not proud of that... then my friends they diched me and i just i didnt no how to deal with it i didnt want to live anymore... then i met another friend who introduced me to her friend and we bacame mates and she started telling me about the lord and his teachings and i started to believe then i attended a christain camp over esther and i really felt the presece of the load there it was so amazing i finaly felt like i belonged somewhere it was such an amazing feeling i hadnt felt like in many years i promised myself that i would never cut again. and then 2 weeks later i gave my life fully over to the lord. it was amazing i didnt cut for 4months but then i was so scared to tell my mum and the stress and fear and i ended up cutting agian well i got help and stuf but i ended up still cutting and now nearly 2years later it is even worse than when i started i have been very suicdal latly my cutting is out of control idk what to do anymore i am slowly sliping out of fath isk what to do i read the bible i pray but im just sliping futher and futher into depression idk what to do myself harm is out of control and i keep thinking about ending things i just dont no what to do. my family dont help with my fath i am the only christain in my family and i just dont no what to do.
im sorry this is so long sorry guys.

Dec 19, 2009
hay so ummm im not really sure how to say this. i am a memeber on another christian forum and i mentioned these things and i got some very negative coments about it so im really nervis about shearing this but people here seem really supportive so i guess ill just go for it...
so well ummm 3 years ago things started going bad with my friends they started acting not very frined like then at the same time my grandad was really sick and some other things where going on then things just worse and worse with my friends and then i started i ... i.... started self harming... im not proud of that... then my friends they diched me and i just i didnt no how to deal with it i didnt want to live anymore... then i met another friend who introduced me to her friend and we bacame mates and she started telling me about the lord and his teachings and i started to believe then i attended a christain camp over esther and i really felt the presece of the load there it was so amazing i finaly felt like i belonged somewhere it was such an amazing feeling i hadnt felt like in many years i promised myself that i would never cut again. and then 2 weeks later i gave my life fully over to the lord. it was amazing i didnt cut for 4months but then i was so scared to tell my mum and the stress and fear and i ended up cutting agian well i got help and stuf but i ended up still cutting and now nearly 2years later it is even worse than when i started i have been very suicdal latly my cutting is out of control idk what to do anymore i am slowly sliping out of fath isk what to do i read the bible i pray but im just sliping futher and futher into depression idk what to do myself harm is out of control and i keep thinking about ending things i just dont no what to do. my family dont help with my fath i am the only christain in my family and i just dont no what to do.
I cut myself too when I was younger, but probably not for the same reason you have. I am sorry you feel the way you do, it can be extremely difficult to come out of such a habit, and feeling of depression.

Now I do not appear to be giving the pat answers here, but to me it is not just about reading the Bible and praying(strange as it may seem) It is about the heart. That is cwhat God cares about the most. How much of your life are you really prepared to give Him? I ask that because people like you can be used greatly by God, if you are fully for Him.. And of course there is someone qwho doesn't want that to happen isn't there.
People like you and I will never get away with half measures. Some appear to, but we cannot, due to our emotional problems(and I have had them too, believe me.)

If you have a church and Christian friends that you can trust and rely on, stick with them. However hard it is for you, you need to be hoonest witrh your family concerning your faith. God will honour that, but I know it won't be easy. You need to trust in Jesus and look away from yourself(hard to do I know.
Basically Jesus will do for you threough the power of the Holy Spirit what you are incapable of doing yourself.
A Christian minister prayed with me thirty years ago and told me God had an importanyt work for me to do, but he wouldn't take playing games and hiding behind trees. I did both I am afraid and had many years of misery.

I am not sayingf this to heap more pressure on you, buty your only answer will ever be God, if you leave him after knowing Him, your depression and unhjappiness can only ge4t worse. You will have to make painful sacrifices, but maybe God has allowed your unhappiness to show you how much you need him, and hoqw much you need to depend on him and His Son and not yourself.

But I can only repeat, some can appear to go through life giving God only some of what he wants, due to not having the problems you ands I have had, others have no such luxury.

And I was in a padded cell when I was twenty, so I hope you feel I may somewhat understand.

God Bless You, I will pray that you find happiness with God and that He gives you the victory over cutting. It is not what you in yourself can do to be free of it, but what God can do through Jesus and the Holy Spirit if you let Him. Look to Jesus not yourself, and if you find that hard ask God to help you with that too.

I can assure you He loves you as much as He loves anyone, even if you find that hard to believe

P

pente_girl92

Hun, I used to cut too, In fact I've been right where you are..from the time I was 11 til I was 15 I was a cutter.I was suicidal, severely depressed, and just didn't care.Until like you, someone introduced me to the Lord.After I got saved I stopped completely and started living a Godly life..But a few months later I relapsed.I didn't know why but I was so sad and confused.It took a message from my preacher about laying your burdens and cares before Jesus.Give your depression, self-harm, etc to GOD.Pray about it, fast about it.Instead of hurting yourself when you have those thoughts read your Bible.Feel free to message me on here if you ever need anything!

S

sunshine_debbie

Here are two good websites on cutting including Biblical responses, what to do when you are cutting, and treatment programs. They are Christian based and they can help you. Due to your age, you are hopefully still under your parents insurance and almost any treatment program listed here can help you.

I will pray for you, I understand how it is to be depressed and more depressed, and more depressed.
But you can get help. If you really want to. If you want to talk, I am available.

http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/cutting.html
http://www.christiangoth.com/cutting.html

Debbie

C

chrisanzu

I will pray for you too!!! :)

C

Cako53

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

K

Krissy1250

"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven." Matthew 10:32-33

THere is also another verse like it Luke 12:8-9

I will be praying and God Bless you through your tough times.
-krissy1250