...sugar is poison...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

woka

Saying is always easier than doing hey??????

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Girls are supposed to be sugar and spice and everything nice...
but sometimes sugar is poison.

That's what this thread is about right?
It's about women?

Yeah?

: )

May 24, 2013
I think Mercola goes off on tangeants in that article esp. regarding phenylalanine, however if you take what he says and divide it by 2, it still has some valid points to consider and research further....

May 24, 2013
Girls are supposed to be sugar and spice and everything nice...
but sometimes sugar is poison.

That's what this thread is about right?
It's about women?

Yeah?

: )
...I would say the ones I like are more like 'honey' ... sweet and lush...:D

...but 'sugar and spice' works - its obviously referring to 'Xylitol'....hehehe

R

Relena7

I'll agree, sugar is not that good for us.

But it's the slowest "poison" ever. :p

S

SeatBelt

A slow poison indeed. Living is a terminal condition for all diagnosed with it. Why invest excessive amounts of my time and energy in perfecting the shell in which I temporarily reside when that effort is better spent on serving those in need. It is the poisons of that prevent the second life that we should concern ourselves with first.

Last edited by a moderator:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Jennifer Aniston is apparently on the Aitkins diet like the one you describe - skinny as a rake...its working for her, but one must make sure low-carb vege intake is there for other minerals etc...
I just wanted to add that most celebrities and famous personalities should not be used as examples of health or lifestyle living. I read a lot of interviews with famous people, and I find it interesting that the majority of women who are regarded as "beautiful" -- are smoking during the interview. Yup, Ms. Aniston was one of the ones puffing on a cigarette while taking inquiries.

I have nothing against these people at all, I'm just saying I don't think it's a very good idea to look up to them as examples of what does or doesn't work as far as diet and lifestyle.

Most are smoking (as a substitute for actually eating), starving, vomiting, taking steroids, or having surgery because, unfortunately, their profession demands that in order to keep working, they HAVE to stay thin -- no matter what the risk or cost. (Jane Fonda and other "fitness gurus" come to mind.)

Last edited:
D

Donkeyfish07

I eat like a pig 9 or 10 months out of the year. I gain weight really slow. When I make it to about 20 pounds over weight, I eat nothing but rice and ramen noodles for a month.....and it takes me another 9 or 10 months to gain what I lost back. System has been up and running since 2001 :p. I never cut out sugar though......I make my coffee super strong and I use massive amounts of sugar in each cup......and by massive, I mean massive. If you could OD from sugar, I would be dead by now.

J

Jullianna

If I have to give up my sweet tea I will die anyway. :)

May 9, 2012
The only reason why sugar like that is bad for you...is because like everything else...it is processed. Anything processed will give ya problems! Raw sugar is actually pretty decent and harmless. Give it a try. It's a sweet offer!

D

Donkeyfish07

Yeah, that means you'd have to give up Fruity Pebbles. :p
lol, you know me too well Rach :p. Fruity pebbles don't make you fat anywayz.....otherwise I would be Jabba The Hutt by now

Aug 2, 2009
The only reason why sugar like that is bad for you...is because like everything else...it is processed. Anything processed will give ya problems! Raw sugar is actually pretty decent and harmless. Give it a try. It's a sweet offer!
Yea that's what I meant when I said brown sugar. I meant raw sugar, not the fake molasses-colored white sugar.

May 24, 2013
If I have to give up my sweet tea I will die anyway. :)
A 3rd of a teaspoon of stevia powder herb in your teabrew will be sweeter than sugar...:)

Xylitol is brilliant for coffee, also sweeter than sugar, and is in fact a sugar alchohol .... but healthy....

May 24, 2013
Yea that's what I meant when I said brown sugar. I meant raw sugar, not the fake molasses-colored white sugar.
...well, if ur gonna have it that is the best of the them to go for..., or the demerara sugar...

...honestly tho, xylitol is so much better in coffee and refreshing.....

F

FAITHFULGILLIAN

Still fattening though which us chubbies needed to avoid.