Suggesting doctrine

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jthomasnaz

My idea is for each person to state main things they believe in Christian doctrine while discussing topics --then we will know where each other is coming from.

J

jimmydiggs

Something on the profile under the "about me" section would be nice. A drop down menu one could select from might be helpful too.

U

Ugly

I think he means more of a statement of doctrine for each person.. like a 'i am a baptist, calvanist, etc, etc..' posted in a profile so you can just click on their profile and have a list of those types of beliefs for each person, so you can get an idea of where they're coming from when debating or discussing bible and doctrine.

J

Jordache

I wonder how many people would know.

U

Ugly

How many people would know what?

Jan 15, 2011
Wouldn't this just be promoting sectarianism further? Just a thought ;)

W

wwjd_kilden

What if I simply believe?...
I am amazed at how many people in here (and other christian chats) are so eager to state what denomination they belong to. Isn't the main idea that we believe in God and that Jesus died for our sins?

C

Crossfire

I tend to agree that most Christians really don't know what they are. I''m sure most would just click a default 'nondenominational' tab which could mean any number of things.

Personally, while I do know exactly what I believe and why I believe it, it would be very hard to sum up my beliefs in a drop down menu. How many people do you know who understands what an 'Evangelical Continuationist' is? *lol*

Last edited:

shawntc

May 7, 2010
I think I support this. Would make it easier than having to ask someone you're debating what their beliefs are. Just look at their profile and it would save much headache.

U

Ugly

I tend to agree that most Christians really don't know what they are. I''m sure most would just click a default 'nondenominational' tab which could mean any number of things.

Personally, while I do know exactly what I believe and why I believe it, it would be very hard to sum up my beliefs in a drop down menu. How many people do you know who understands what an 'Evangelical Continuationist' is? *lol*
Many may not, but the type that like to debate such things, like many in the bible forums, would likely understand. And since debate would be the main reason for this anyways, it would work out.

Though i think perhaps the OP meant more like, having a checklist of doctrines. Such as choosing armeniasm/calvanism... or pre/post/mid trib. Giving these kinds of various options for many of the commonly debate concepts.