Suicide

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Sometimes these dark thoughts inside
torment me, and I cannot hide.
The enemy wants to ensnare me,
he whispers, "come on, dare me."

Sometimes this loneliness overwhelms me,
and I feel hopeless and sad.
Then I remember the devil dances with glee,
everytime I feel bad.

Many times I've wondered
how much better off I would be,
if I took that step and ended this life,
what would be in store for me?

But I'm smart enough to know,
not to play into the devil's hands
trying to win my soul
is all part of his evil plan.

Instead, I look to Jesus
to lead me through this gloom.
He takes my hand and walks with me
and he says, "don't give up, or the devil is your doom."

So I continue on with this life,
until that beautiful day
when I shall see Jesus
and look upon his face, if I may.

:)

O

oldthennew

and the river of life continues to flow....:)

M

MadParrotWoman

Sometimes these dark thoughts inside
torment me, and I cannot hide.
The enemy wants to ensnare me,
he whispers, "come on, dare me."

Sometimes this loneliness overwhelms me,
and I feel hopeless and sad.
Then I remember the devil dances with glee,
everytime I feel bad.

Many times I've wondered
how much better off I would be,
if I took that step and ended this life,
what would be in store for me?

But I'm smart enough to know,
not to play into the devil's hands
trying to win my soul
is all part of his evil plan.

Instead, I look to Jesus
to lead me through this gloom.
He takes my hand and walks with me
and he says, "don't give up, or the devil is your doom."

So I continue on with this life,
until that beautiful day
when I shall see Jesus
and look upon his face, if I may.

:)
Beautiful, very moving. Written by someone who's obviously been in a dark place at some time.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Beautiful, very moving. Written by someone who's obviously been in a dark place at some time.
MPW, I've been in that dark place most of my life..read my suicide and depression threads in misc. forum.. I'm not giving my soul to the enemy.. :)

V

VioletReigns

I think the stigma of depression causes a lot of people to keep their dark thoughts to themselves for fear of being ostracized or judged. But we know that everyone goes through dark periods in their lives; some more so than others. Jesus endured dark moments, too and understands our depression.

“He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief.” (Isaiah 53:3)

God created us to be in relationships. We were made to love and care for one another, help and encourage one another, to share and enjoy one another. So I thank you, Sister Blue_Ladybug for opening your heart to us, for being family to me and everyone here, for showing your true Blue_Ladybug colors, for loving us by being you and for encouraging others who are suffering from depression. You glorify God in your trials and are a light for Him to others. Thank you. I love you, too!
penguins.jpg

Feb 7, 2015
I honestly find it strange to hear someone say they have never thought of suicide.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I honestly find it strange to hear someone say they have never thought of suicide.
I never said that I've never thought of suicide.. I have, and I've tried it several times.. every now and then, I still think about it. But I have so much to live for, and I shall not let the enemy get me. :)

Feb 7, 2015
I never said that I've never thought of suicide.. I have, and I've tried it several times.. every now and then, I still think about it. But I have so much to live for, and I shall not let the enemy get me. :)
You may have misunderstood..... I was elaborating, in agreement, on your post. I was saying that like you, I have very seriously considered suicide, and that I really have a tendency not to believe anyone who says they have never thought about it.

jsr1221

Jul 7, 2013
I too have thought about it numerous of times. To this day, even. But praise God I thankfully have never acted those thoughts out. God's not finished with us just yet.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
You may have misunderstood..... I was elaborating, in agreement, on your post. I was saying that like you, I have very seriously considered suicide, and that I really have a tendency not to believe anyone who says they have never thought about it.
ohh, ok sorry.. I think everyone thinks about it at some point in their lives.. in this world, who wouldn't?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I too have thought about it numerous of times. To this day, even. But praise God I thankfully have never acted those thoughts out. God's not finished with us just yet.
amen, jsr.. we are works in progress.. :)

M

MadParrotWoman

I can honestly say that the thought of suicide has never crossed my mind - ever. I have had mild depression when I used to think thoughts such as "when my parents are no longer around I don't want to be" but I never once considered taking my own life.

Jesus4ever

May 18, 2015
I wonder, is it a sin not wanting to live anymore? It´s not the same as committing suicide.

M

MyLighthouse

This is very uplifting :)