Suicide

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

grannie8

I am 4 times older than you and one thing I know for certian is that God is still on the throne and all we have to do is keep preying and trusting in him and he will come through for us. At my age I have gone through a lot. Most people my age will you the same thing. Life is not easy, but we do have the knowledge that there is a God in Heaven and he loves us. Honey he is not a microwave. He works in his own time. I have been impatient over the years and I have noticed that it did me no good to try to rush anything in life. Take time to try to enjoy the life you have. Read your
Bible; it will help you if you do. Talk to your family; tell them how you fell and why. If you can't talk to them. Talk to your preacher or the guidence teacher at your school. I know that they can help you. If you can't trust the people you know to help without judgeing you; call a teen help line in your state. Please. May God bless and keep yopu in his ever loving care and protection. GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

G

godsbluesman

Ok,first-ifyou were going to kill yourself,you would have done it.second,the reason you are still here is because god is keeping you here.Freind I'm here to tell you from first-hand knowledge that you should think of it like this-If God wanted you to die he would let you die.think also; if you are in that much pain,imagine how your parents will feel when they have to put you in the ground! I have had this experience twice--first my freind Tom Stone; His truck broke down so he put a .44 to his head right in front of me and pulled the trigger-oops bye bye Tom!( his brains and skull were on my shoulder) Sucks huh? My Little brother Jimmy at 20 years old broke up with his girlfreind-he shot himself in the chest with a taurus 9mm-thus ending his life for no real reason! Dude,you dont know how upset I get hearing people takin the hard way out--yeah,i said hard-because not only do you hurt everybody who you lave behind,but what about this; You willNOT go to heaven since it is a sin to commit suicide and hell is final-you cant ask forgiveness for it,and it wouldnt be given anyway----straight to hell do not pass go do not collect 200 dollars! like i said Hell is final,you cant come back once there-do you want to take that chance????I am praying for you to choose the right path here,freind,dont throw away eeternal life because you have a TEMPORARY problem....remember this also-----a lifetime to you is a minute to god,so just because you dont get an answer right here and now,dont think for a minute that he isnt hearing you..........Gods peace upon you,sorry if I piss you off,but i felt that someone hd to break itt down to you this way......:)

C

Consumed

Who all on here has ever tried to commit suicide, I have twice, failed, and wondered who else might have tried? I have wanted to kill myself plenty more times than twice, but only actually attempted to do so twice.
i have, few times, never give up on life though, Jesus is the answer. Praying for you, the sun always shines,even when its raining, the clouds clear and the sun is still there. Dont lose hope, only Jesus can fill that emptiness, i know how it feels to be broken in heart and spirit but only because of Jesus i can assure you that i breathe and live a content life because of Him, am now married have children, God is good, i look at my daughter somedays and breaks my heart that i nearly gave up as i would not have been blessed with such a beautiful girl.
Find a good church, God will lead you if you let Him, think only on what God thinks of you, you are precious in His sight

with love,prayer and tears
consumed(by His love):)

Last edited:
P

pente_girl92

I tired to kill myself B.C. (before Christ) (for you slow ones..total joke) But not once since Jesus stole my heart have I thought about it..
to me..once you're totally committed to living for God and have a very awesome relationship with Him, you will have bad times but even the bad times are better...
Jesus loves you..He wouldn't have created you if He didn't have a plan for you, let Him lead you, let Him love you.
Read your Bible, if you don't understand it read The Message.. Jesus knows where you are at. Let Him talk to you through His Word, meditate on it..pray!
Talk to an older person who you trust.
I'll pray for you.

T

Tinker

I have and still trying to now. I'm trying to make myself stop, but it's on the verge of not working period

P

Paulasaurus

Alright, I used to be suicidal and depressed, I used to be a cutter. I felt a pain so deep that I wouldn't do anything for hours on end, just to wait it through to have it go away for a moment so I wouldn't have my emotions kill me down and then it would come back. Believe me, Jesus is listening to your prayers and He loves you SOOOO much! He delivered me, and if He would do that for me then He would do that for you. He loves you more than you can ever imagine!

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
Who all on here has ever tried to commit suicide, I have twice, failed, and wondered who else might have tried? I have wanted to kill myself plenty more times than twice, but only actually attempted to do so twice.

Since this is a Christian forum, I would suggest that we should be discussing God's Power and Great Love, rather than discussing suicide. Because if we understood God's Love, we'd never think about suicide again.

Eph 3:17-21
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
KJV

Watchman Quest

May 14, 2010
I have not, but we are the same age so I was hoping I could help. I'm sure you've heard people say life is a precious gift from God, and it really is true. Some people just don't seem to realize that there last day could be today. If you don't want to live for yourself, than live for God.

"Have the courage to live. Anyone can die."

it takes courage to lay down ones life for a brother as welll...,(words of Jesus)

many have died....trying to very brave good things...

I think suicide ..is a cry for God..when the world seems so dissillusioning..

We see sin everywhere..but we forget to look for the god things..

even nature and its beauty..has made me want to live..more than humans have at times...

nothing against humans...but they do have a sinful nature..that can be so easily corrupted..and degraded to a point of...

well.....sadness...

that sadness turns into anger for some...and frustration...

difficult to live with..unless you get some sort of inner spiritual healing..from a very loving source..

for those who think of suicide..

(I myself have attempted..and still think of it from time to time...)

just do remeber..there is a light at the end of the tunnel..its called divine LOVE

(no..its not a train heading your way)..(smiles)...

it really is the real light of LOVE and mercy and grace..

I pray for all souls who struggle with interior pain...and feel the only way out is death..

may they be given hope..and faith in

The Father's LOVE..the SON"S Mercy ...and the guidance Of Their Holy Spirit...

(thankyou for your your sincere prayers in the mercy of Christs love)

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
I guess I just have some issues. But the thing is, is god has never really helped me with my issues, I believe he loves my parents and brother, but sometimes I'm not sure he really cares for me, I pray and pray, but he never hears me! Sometimes I wonder if he exists.
You need to ponder God's character Godsteen. The problem is that you see your troubles as being larger than God's Love and Power.

God is more than able to meet all of your needs and heal all of your diseases. God is willing also, and this is proven abundantly through the life of Jesus. (Jesus didn't hang out with holy people, instead He was friends with sinners). Look what Jesus said:

Matt 8:2-3
2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.
KJV

Jesus wanted to heal this man. Not because the man was good, but rather because Jesus is good.

Matt 20:32-34
32 And Jesus stood still, and called them, and said, What will ye that I shall do unto you?
33 They say unto him, Lord, that our eyes may be opened.
34 So Jesus had compassion on them, and touched their eyes: and immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed him.
KJV

Look here, the Bible says that "Jesus had compassion on them." In fact, the Bible says that Jesus felt compassion at least 11 times in the four gospels.

The problem GodsTeen, is that you think to yourself: "How can I deserve God's love and compassion?" The answer is that you don't. God doesn't give you love and compassion because you are good, God gives you love and compassion because He is good.

You can only be converted fully to God by trusting His goodness, not by religious activities or by efforts at holiness. Throw off the "have to" shackles that satan inflicts men with, and start focusing on God's love, and then you will begin to "want to." This is salvation by faith alone, that results in loving the Lord with all of the heart, soul, strength and mind.

Watchman Quest

L

Lindsey

I haven't tried suicide, I thought about it so many times, came very very close a few times, but I did cut myself for a while, and stopped just recently. I realized that my body was the temple of God and that I wouldn't like it if MY temple was hurt or cut down. And I knew that it would make him cry if his child was to take her own life. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NIV) [19] Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; [20] you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. (Psalm 39:4 NIV) Show me, O LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life.
(Psalm 139:15-16 NIV) [15] My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, [16] your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
'You might be asking what those two have to do with suicide, they don't even talk about death. Yes they do. Both of them talk about God knowing how long your life will be. How does God know? He knows because it is up to Him to decide. When a person kills them self, they are playing god in their own life.' They are taking the decision away from God. Wouldn't that be a sin?

C

chyna500

hey. i have wanted to kill myself and just die.(use to be a cutter)
Someone told me that when you kill yourself your just killing the body not the Spirit.
Just a thought

C

Christiangirl82

not gonna lie, i have tryied once...but there was somthing holding me back, the more i had thought about it, my best friend had prayed for me that week, she knew what was going on, and look what God does, it really is amazing, i have learned now that what is the point of taking a life God has made? its like me telling him "well thanks God for trying to make me a life with a loving family and great friends with a boyfriend who understands me, but im jsut going to throw that away" God as helped me alot, and if you EVER feel like you want to kill your self, ask yourself, what God is think and doing, think about what you are not only doing to you but everyone including God, killing yourself is never somthing you should even think of!

God bless
and any problems there is always a bible
Hope you are doing well!

E

Elizabeth121

He isnt answering you immediately, mainly because it isn't in his plan to have you take your own life because that is a grave sin. You are still here however so he has answered you in some way. You might be praying in a way that isnt totally effective meaning, if I ask God please help me not commit sucicide today, is that effective? or should I pray " Lord take his desire away from me, for I know that is wrong" He always hears you, but it has to be within his will, it is not what you want but what God wants. Perhaps, a Christian counselor can help you.

May 16, 2010
You know going through this post again,reminds me now why CHRIST said; You better LOVE GOD, more than your own family;

As People actually do go through with this. If their own family and freinds are unable to encourage to not do it, I think this is another good example of how GOD(Get Over Death) ALMIGHTY is able to do things we can,t; IF YOU ASK HIM THROUGH CHRIST!!!

Love & Peace To ALL in CHRIST!!!