Suicide

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

Fishbait

I need help from you young ones. As you can see I'm old. Old enough to be a great grandfather to some of you. The help I need is for you to please consider how much you hurt me when you commit suicide. Of course not only me but your parents, friends (that you may think you don't have) and siblings. Yesterday March 12, 2014 a very pretty fifthteen year old girl (Amy) who lived on my street hung herself in a garage behind her house. Apparently she did so over a boy as well as other things that many young people like you guy's can think means the end of your world. Loss of a boy or girlfriend, trouble in school or whatever. Over my many years of life Amy's suicide accounts for only one of the many suicides by young people that has torn me apart inside. Amy's parents never saw it coming. Parents's and friends seldom do. So I ask each and every one of you that if the thought ever enters your mind to commit suicide over anything that you feel you can't handle please consider the people around you - as well as me - whose hearts you will tear a hole in. Life is short enough without you ending yours while still young. Don't be selfish and please consider the lives of others that your comitting suicide will affect. You may know the reason(s) why you killed yourself. Leaving a note explaining why never works. You'll only leave us that knew you to spend the rest of our lives asking, Why?

J

JDecree

My Uncle killed himself before I was born in a very gruesome manner. My mother was tasked with cleaning up the scene if you can imagine such a thing. I know his suicide contributed to many of the problems my Mom has had. My Mom and Grandma are still deeply heartbroken over it 30 years later. He missed his nephew being born(me) and many other new lives come into the family. As Fishbait said, we will always wonder "why?"

Pres19

Nov 27, 2013
I knew a Guy named Nick growing up. He was so close to the family he was family. I loved him very much. He was just a few years older than me and I always had a crush on him. He would tell me "Prestley, sweetheart, You are beautiful and full of life. God made you for people like me. People who need to see that this world still has good and beauty in it. " He made me wanna try to have a good life. He always made my day when I seen him. Though I knew we would forever be friends (that's truly all I wanted) he was always my first crush. A few years ago He started dating my cousin. ( I was happy for them for I always felt they needed each other.) At this time he was so full of life. He always smiled and helped everyone in need. (Even me) but one day outta no where he called his girlfriend (my cousin) and a few other cousins of mine and told them he was sorry. He asked them all to come to his house and stop him. When they got there the doors and windows were locked. They screamed for him to open the door but he wouldn't. He yelled he was sorry and all they heard was a gun shot. He shot himself in the head. No one seen it coming. If only he had said he needed help maybe we could have saved him.
Now we all live this life wondering "why"...

It hurts everyone around you when you take your own life! Even if you think no one cares they do!
If you ever feel this way please talk to someone! You aren't alone!

B

Beautifulstranger2014

If you're having a rough then talk to an adult you trust it may not be your parents or family members. For me it was a football coach at school who has helped me through so much through prayer and advice when I told him I had had boughs of suicide he told me that I could talk to the members of his church that we're going to be T our next meeting for Christian worship held by him and his family. You don't have I talk To a doctor because sometimes that may not help. You don't have to talk to your parents because you may think they won't understand. But if you begin to feel too stressed out and upset you need to talk to someone who can Help you. And you may honk that's your friends but they can't really have enough experience in life in general to help you because they are mostly likely around the same age as you. So just find an adult you trust ask for advice and help pray to God for the strength to overcome you obstacles and try to keep pushing on. In church we talked about the early desciples and how when they were being beaten and ridiculed they prayed to God but didn't ask for him to take the weight of their world but instead asked for the extra strength need to overcome those obstacles.

Pres19

Nov 27, 2013
I'm not trying to start anything but maybe he was concerned before it happened. But even so it's much harder when it happens to someone YOU know. I don't believe he is blaming kids. But most people who take their own life are kids/teens and when they feel this way most people can't even tell because the teen hides it until it's too late. By reaching out and telling your own personal experience with something like this, it helps others who may feel this way and maybe it just might get through to them that they can talk to someone. They aren't alone and someone will listen.
Most people who take their own life believe no one will care once they are gone. That their death and life don't matter to anyone. But it does.
Yeah maybe he came off a little to strong but I believe what he is trying to do is just reach out and maybe help someone who may feel this way right now.

Feb 21, 2014
I'm not trying to start anything but maybe he was concerned before it happened. But even so it's much harder when it happens to someone YOU know. I don't believe he is blaming kids. But most people who take their own life are kids/teens and when they feel this way most people can't even tell because the teen hides it until it's too late. By reaching out and telling your own personal experience with something like this, it helps others who may feel this way and maybe it just might get through to them that they can talk to someone. They aren't alone and someone will listen.
Most people who take their own life believe no one will care once they are gone. That their death and life don't matter to anyone. But it does.
Yeah maybe he came off a little to strong but I believe what he is trying to do is just reach out and maybe help someone who may feel this way right now.
We need to have a living hope even while we are still young.

The Lord Jesus said, 'Whoever comes to me I will in no wise cast out'.

Blessings.

Feb 21, 2014
I knew a Guy named Nick growing up. He was so close to the family he was family. I loved him very much. He was just a few years older than me and I always had a crush on him. He would tell me "Prestley, sweetheart, You are beautiful and full of life. God made you for people like me. People who need to see that this world still has good and beauty in it. " He made me wanna try to have a good life. He always made my day when I seen him. Though I knew we would forever be friends (that's truly all I wanted) he was always my first crush. A few years ago He started dating my cousin. ( I was happy for them for I always felt they needed each other.) At this time he was so full of life. He always smiled and helped everyone in need. (Even me) but one day outta no where he called his girlfriend (my cousin) and a few other cousins of mine and told them he was sorry. He asked them all to come to his house and stop him. When they got there the doors and windows were locked. They screamed for him to open the door but he wouldn't. He yelled he was sorry and all they heard was a gun shot. He shot himself in the head. No one seen it coming. If only he had said he needed help maybe we could have saved him.
Now we all live this life wondering "why"...

It hurts everyone around you when you take your own life! Even if you think no one cares they do!
If you ever feel this way please talk to someone! You aren't alone!
So sad. The believer needs to keep 'looking unto Jesus' (Hebrews 12) rather than keep looking inwardly at oneself all the time. It's so easy for some people to get self-absorbed and despairing.

Blessings.

Pres19

Nov 27, 2013
So sad. The believer needs to keep 'looking unto Jesus' (Hebrews 12) rather than keep looking inwardly at oneself all the time. It's so easy for some people to get self-absorbed and despairing.

Blessings.
Yeah it is easy. keeping Gods word in your heart will help that. But so many people don't know how or are too scared to try to have it in their hearts.

Feb 21, 2014
Yeah it is easy. keeping Gods word in your heart will help that. But so many people don't know how or are too scared to try to have it in their hearts.
Presley: Yes, you remind me of Psalm 119.11: 'Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee'.

Blessings.

B

Beautifulstranger2014

i don't think he is trying to say that this is anyone's fault. But the truth of the matter is that teens especially in high school and middle school do a lot of bullying. I got called a multitude of names I'll never forget that made me so upset I was driven to cutting and almost wanting to end my life. But the thing is that sometimes you don't feel so comfortable talking to adults because maybe you think you'll get in trouble ior you don't think they'll understand. or you din't wanna talk to other kids because maybe you think you will make the situation worse by doing so and they will start bullying you for other reasons. Everyone faces obstacle in life. It's having the friends and family to help you overcome such obstacles that is really hard. People can be mean. I have a family member i refuse to talk to because I was at her house one night for a Christmas eve celebration and she was talking to her friends about an accident i was in and said " oh it was all her fault there was nothing the driver could have done to stop that from happening."and sometimes when you don't have those types of people in your life and it can all become to overwhelming. Sometimes even on my best days when I get in arguments with my family like Monday this week i got upset and felt so worthless and unneeded that I was just sick of it and wanted to do something stupid like go outside on my roof. it doesn't even have to be bullying. Life can be overwhelming in general someone may feel like they're too high strung and have no way to get out or they may be facing a deadline that they can't make and it happens too often and the get too stressed out. I'm not trying to belittle this or anything. But this stuff happens it doesn't mean iot's anyones fault. And yea we could all sit around and think what we could have dine differently but. in the end is that going to change the outcome of the situation? no so all you can do is try to keep it from happening again. Life is so hard on its own if we can be a friend to someone and that helps them live their life then do it. or if you need support or help go find it. Don't try to take the weight of the world on your own shoulders we weren't born to do thst we were born to carry what we could handle and helps others with the problems they couldn't solve or face.

B

Beautifulstranger2014

Oh and I don't think that christian parents are the only parents who care about their children. just sayin'

Feb 21, 2014
PS: Presley:

Here's another good verse:

The Lord Jesus said: "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me." (John 14.1)

(How's your reading of John's Gospel going, btw?)

Blessings.

J

JustAnotherUser

I'm very sorry to hear about all who have lost someone. It really is tragic and a very sensitive thing for those who are suffering as well as those who endure the loss.

The people who commit suicide were not in their right state of mind. When you're that depressed and in the dark, 'you' don't have complete control over everything that goes on within that dark hour. The person who feels there's no way out does. I think many people need to realize how serious of a topic suicide is, especially on the person who has that life or death situation in their hands as to whether or not they are going to proceed. You could be a teen or someone so much older, it happens no matter where you are.

It really is a good idea to reach out to people. Reach out to those suffering as well because many cases there's people who are not heard when they do cry out. It really can mean all the difference.

P

prodigal

for anyone led here by the title, considering possibly hurting themselves please read the following from someone that once himself attempted suicide:

if you are contemplating suicide, then you don't need condemnation, you need prayer and encouragement. you need to get to the bottom of whats causing it. sometimes it can be spiritual, other times it can be your coping mechanisms no longer working. But be sure of this, there is a way forward.its exactly when we realize we just can't do this anymore by our own strength that gods strength comes in. let us say, ' i don't want to live in this flesh no more, that we want to die to the carnal side of our character so that Jesus can come in and lead us into the spiritual life.' that will lead us into a close relationship with our god. and his peace shall enter us and abundant joy will be in our hearts.

Last edited:
C

countrychick

I want to say that life is worth living no matter what, i have thought about it many times before but i always remembered my family, friends,a nd people i loved. I always felt like no one could possibly care, sometimes i still do but God has helped me through and he can help anyone else who is going through this. Please just never commit suicide there are better ways of dealing with the pain and sadness.

B

Beautifulstranger2014

I have this book called promises for graduates which I believe anyone should have no matter how old you are Nd it has sections on challenge and comfort so here's a verse from the comfort chapter. The Lord is close to the broke hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit psalm 34:18 or even though I walk through the valley of shadow if death I will fear no evil, for you are with me lord; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. This is a book I find useful when I'm stressing out or just upset and having a bad day.

N

noordinarylove

I need help from you young ones. As you can see I'm old. Old enough to be a great grandfather to some of you. The help I need is for you to please consider how much you hurt me when you commit suicide. Of course not only me but your parents, friends (that you may think you don't have) and siblings. Yesterday March 12, 2014 a very pretty fifthteen year old girl (Amy) who lived on my street hung herself in a garage behind her house. Apparently she did so over a boy as well as other things that many young people like you guy's can think means the end of your world. Loss of a boy or girlfriend, trouble in school or whatever. Over my many years of life Amy's suicide accounts for only one of the many suicides by young people that has torn me apart inside. Amy's parents never saw it coming. Parents's and friends seldom do. So I ask each and every one of you that if the thought ever enters your mind to commit suicide over anything that you feel you can't handle please consider the people around you - as well as me - whose hearts you will tear a hole in. Life is short enough without you ending yours while still young. Don't be selfish and please consider the lives of others that your comitting suicide will affect. You may know the reason(s) why you killed yourself. Leaving a note explaining why never works. You'll only leave us that knew you to spend the rest of our lives asking, Why?
Thank you. Thank you so much. I've contemplated suicide in the past, still struggle with thoughts on occasion, and have lost a friend to it's grip. Thinking about the people left behind, my friends and family, and their grief was the thing that kept me from attempting. Love is a powerful thing!