Support Forum

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Corgan29

This is my first time doing this, and I'm fairly new here, but maybe this would be a good suggestion.

It would be a great idea to have a help and support forum for adults and teens. So if someone is having problems with an area in life, like for example anger issues, or just about anything they're having problems with. Then they can go to that forum and topics would be nice too, maybe counselors, similar like as in moderators, but for support. It would also be more convenient than going to the chat room and not being heard unintentionally by others in the chat room. That way you'll know will get a response back.

This is only a suggestion, but let me know what you all think :)

U

Ugly

Well, there are Young Adults, Teen, Family, Singles and Family forums in existence already. That would mean having two of similar types of forums.

Also, trying to find trustworthy, qualified people to constantly monitor the forums as counselors would probably be quite difficult. The expense to pay for that would be too much, and trying to find people like that willing to do it for free would be slim.

In the chats there is the Prayer Room, the Bible Study room and the YouEdify room. Our forums also have a Prayer Forum. Many people ask for help in our forums, but as is typical in forum chats you don't always get a fast response.

I'm not a mod or anyone official, just pointing out the problems i see with making this idea work. But who knows, maybe the site owner knows people or has other insights.

C

Corgan29

Okay got ya, was thinking a long the lines of organized support forum for help in life with problems for specific issues in a separate forum format. Sometimes its not easy going up to a person you don't know that well and talking about your problems, for new members especially. I've been there myself lol. This way everyone can relate to the same issue sort of thing, that's what I was thinking. Yes it would be difficult to find counselors, but even without counselors it would be a good to relate with someone about you problems, and talking about it openly (in a respectable way). It might be something to consider in the future.

I don't know if anyone really is going to write about there problems in forum either, for some people that's really hard to do.
I was thinking what would be easier for others that come to this site, that way they know they are not only, maybe someone will think of a better way to do it, and expound on that idea. Thanks for your input Ugly! I appreciate it :)

I

iraasuup

This is a great idea, and has been discussed in the past.

The only problem is no-one in the Christian Chat admin/moderator team is a profressional counsellor. We (and other chatters also) could only offer at best our encouragement, personal support or some advice perhaps based on personal experience. We don't want to set ourselves up to look like we're professionals giving advice or counsel, and we can't be held responsible for what other chatters/members may say on the forum.

What happens if a chatter (person A) posts a problem, and another chatter (person B) gives potentially unsound advice, which person A took up. Then Person A comes back and said.. but they told me on Christian Chat to do such and such...you see my point?

Aug 2, 2009
Katie, i think all you would need is a disclaimer posted at the top of the forum (or each sub-section) stating that the forum is not staffed by professional counselors and CC does not assume any responsibility for the advice being given here.

Or something to that effect.

S

Siberian_Khatru

I think the Prayer Requests forum is substantial enough in place of a separate support forum.