Taiwan plane crash kills at least 23; Death toll expected to rise

• Thread starter Viligant_Warrior
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

Viligant_Warrior

At least 23 dead after plane crashes into Taiwan river

At least 23 people were killed Wednesday after a Taiwanese flight with 58 people on board turned onto its side shortly after takeoff, clipped a bridge and crashed into a river in the island's capital of Taipei.
This video is now on you.tube, having been posted from a police car dash cam in Taipei. The officer was crossing the bridge when the plane crashed.

[video=youtube;k_NT43aJ_Jw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_NT43aJ_Jw[/video]

Dec 12, 2013
Crazy for sure....I seen this 4 hours ago and notice it clips the taxi.........bad deal, but better than crashing in the city I suppose as it would have killed more probably.....!

ISeeYou

Jan 8, 2015
Whoa!

What a shot on that one.

The one side of you feels bad anyone was hurt or killed in that accident, but you still stand amazed at the video footage.

V

Viligant_Warrior

Crazy for sure....I seen this 4 hours ago and notice it clips the taxi.........bad deal, but better than crashing in the city I suppose as it would have killed more probably.....!
Whoa!

What a shot on that one.

The one side of you feels bad anyone was hurt or killed in that accident, but you still stand amazed at the video footage.
Incredible video, for sure. I think the police officer was absolutely stunned, and in the lengthier version of the video I saw on FNC, he continued on down the road several hundred yards, but extremely slowly. The taxi didn't stop, believe it or not, and I think the officer was undecided about stopping on the bridge and checking out the crash site for survivors, or wondering if he couldn't do more good catching up to the taxi to see if they were hurt and needed help.

ISeeYou

Jan 8, 2015
Incredible video, for sure. I think the police officer was absolutely stunned, and in the lengthier version of the video I saw on FNC, he continued on down the road several hundred yards, but extremely slowly. The taxi didn't stop, believe it or not, and I think the officer was undecided about stopping on the bridge and checking out the crash site for survivors, or wondering if he couldn't do more good catching up to the taxi to see if they were hurt and needed help.

Yeah, I would have been stunned too. Its like you cant believe what come to pass before your eyes (which was not only an incredible sight) but a horrible tragedy, and of such a scale there was nothing he could really do given what kind of tragedy it was. At the same time you are just traveling along (this come out of nowhere) and theres like nowhere to even stop to take closer look. That is somewhat of a forbidden area to do so in a sense (given it also is a place where further tragedy could occur).

I mean talk about being pulled in all sorts of directions, I just cant imagine.

I just watched that 10 times, wow, (just wow)

I hate that feeling of sad and amazed (together) feels kind of wrong if you know what I mean.