Taking a break, potentially for good from here in 2024

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
Honestly Communism is the closest form of government to the Christian ideal, based on all the early Christians in the book of Acts selling all their property and putting all the proceeds into one central pot for the Apostles to administer. I don't believe in it, but objectively, it is clearly what the Bible describes. I apologize in advance for the havoc this comment is going to cause. It's just weird how a lot of what we practice today is pretty far removed from things in the Bible.
except that in Communism, it's the tyrannical gov't taking from the people. in Acts, Christians were giving of their own volition.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
except that in Communism, it's the tyrannical gov't taking from the people. in Acts, Christians were giving of their own volition.
Actually, Communism is nothing like the early church. Communism compels the giving...which is actually taking. Peter made it clear that Ananius was free to sell the property and keep it all.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
Actually, Communism is nothing like the early church. Communism compels the giving...which is actually taking. Peter made it clear that Ananius was free to sell the property and keep it all.
i am dumbfounded people confuse the two o_O

Sep 26, 2023
Hot topic here. Sadly so much of the church has fallen away making trump into a god. I Don’t know you but I can totally respect why you would leave. In the world, not of it.

S

SanderB

Hot topic here. Sadly so much of the church has fallen away making trump into a god. I Don’t know you but I can totally respect why you would leave. In the world, not of it.
Yep. That is true. We must not make deities of mere politicians, but only of God or Jesus.