Taking a Break

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

von1

Apr 22, 2010
I been looking back over my last few posts. I have not gotten the responses as i once did. So i feel that my posts are not encouraging as they once did. I always try to write stuff that is from my heart. I feel that i am failing at doing that now. Take care and God Bless

D

Depleted

I been looking back over my last few posts. I have not gotten the responses as i once did. So i feel that my posts are not encouraging as they once did. I always try to write stuff that is from my heart. I feel that i am failing at doing that now. Take care and God Bless
Actually, what you perceive may not be what is truly happening.

I admit it. I don't usually respond to your posts, but there are two weird reasons for that:

1. I'm in the eastern time zone and you posted this at midnight my time. Usually, I'm not here this late. And, because there is nothing to argue about with your posts, by the time I do show up the next day all the arguing posts have dropped your post to the second page. (Because, you know, arguing is well established as the standard for this forum. So much so, that even when I'm trying to understand someone, I'm so often assumed to be arguing with them that they end up ticking me off and it does become an argument.) I actually don't go to Page Two all that often.

2. You're kind of like a Spurgeon Devotional in mini-form. Most the times I walk away just thinking, yup, yup, yup, but feeling kind of dumb posting "Yup, yup, yup." So, I really don't respond, unless it fit just the right moment to respond.

That doesn't mean you aren't noticed. I think the timing for EST is just off compared to when you post.

S

SweetmorningDew78

Your "Call on the Lord" post 6 hours ago really encouraged me :) keep posting bro. If I can remember I gave you a like :) One of the reasons sometimes why I don't comment to a certain thread...it is because I have limited English vocabulary :D I am looking forward to your post! GOD BLESS U! Thank you for the encouragement today!

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
I havn't seen any of your posts... But I would offer this insight...

I used to focus on my likes and my rep... But a while ago I realized that all of that does not matter... I have noticed that some (not everyone) who gets all these likes and rep points don't post one thing that builds for God... Yet, some (not all) that post very edifying things will only get 1 like maybe a few if they are lucky...

Even in christianity, be careful if you find yourself on the side of the majority... If this happens, take a step back and truly ask whether or not it is scriptural... Sometimes the majority of Christians can be spot on, with a certain topic, other times they are all wrong...

The way I look at my likes and reps, is if someone likes it, they agree with the post or found it helpful, which is cool... If someone responds to my post, awesome...

But I have noticed, a post about a miracle in my life got 3 comments... A post about Trump being a wolf in sheeps clothing, has over 30...

I realized that some people here do not care for God, but are being "close" with "christians" so they feel better about their spiritual self... This is not a judgement from one thread... But is what I have come to know and accept over the years being on this site... Some will disagree with me and that is fine...

In all I treat this website like a "christian" facebook... If you want likes and rep points, post easy to read stuff... Like a funny meme, or a game thread, or maybe a very short and easily agreeable political comment...

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
You can not judge the worth of your comments by the number of responses...............or even by the number of "likes." The worth of your posts/anyone's posts is judged by their sincerity and their love for God. He is who we should be trying to please, not others...........just saying.

Even so, Jesus Himself took a break now and again, and went off by Himself to spend time in prayer...........so taking a break now and again is not a bad thing.

Just do not judge the value of your posts by the responses received/not received. Unless that is the reason you are posting. It should not be though, and I do not think it is for you. Post for the glory of God, not for the praise of others.

Noah "posted" for a hundred years and only got 8 "likes" but he did not waiver...........just saying :)

Dec 1, 2014
Your avatar alone brightens my day. Stick around bro, you're making a difference in people's lives. Be at peace and rejoice!

P

pottersclay

Perhaps the responces are going to Jesus instead of you von, isn't that what you wanted?

If you seek the approval of men.....well ill let you rethink this.

Dec 12, 2013
Hey Woody.......Jesse, Stinky Pete and Bulls Eye need you.....no need to disappear....and I know what your saying.....just like Dory....just keep swimming and give her beans captain......even if you touch one person with what you say it is worth it....

Remember....joy in heaven in the presence of angels over 1 (one) sinner that repents.....

Feb 28, 2016
introspection is so key to understanding ourselves and our real motives -
be True to Jesus first and all will go according to His plan...

lastofall

Aug 26, 2014
"And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." (Hebrews 10:24-25)

"Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay." (Jeremiah 20:9)

Sep 6, 2014
[video=youtube;cKkbIZtqhyQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKkbIZtqhyQ[/video]
Matthew 5:14-16
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Ephesians 5:8
For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

See you around friend,
and thank you for your part.

Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

D

Depleted

I havn't seen any of your posts... But I would offer this insight...

I used to focus on my likes and my rep... But a while ago I realized that all of that does not matter... I have noticed that some (not everyone) who gets all these likes and rep points don't post one thing that builds for God... Yet, some (not all) that post very edifying things will only get 1 like maybe a few if they are lucky...

Even in christianity, be careful if you find yourself on the side of the majority... If this happens, take a step back and truly ask whether or not it is scriptural... Sometimes the majority of Christians can be spot on, with a certain topic, other times they are all wrong...

The way I look at my likes and reps, is if someone likes it, they agree with the post or found it helpful, which is cool... If someone responds to my post, awesome...

But I have noticed, a post about a miracle in my life got 3 comments... A post about Trump being a wolf in sheeps clothing, has over 30...

I realized that some people here do not care for God, but are being "close" with "christians" so they feel better about their spiritual self... This is not a judgement from one thread... But is what I have come to know and accept over the years being on this site... Some will disagree with me and that is fine...

In all I treat this website like a "christian" facebook... If you want likes and rep points, post easy to read stuff... Like a funny meme, or a game thread, or maybe a very short and easily agreeable political comment...
No such thing as an "easily agreeable political comment." lol