Talk about a Twist of Events?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cindy12

Jan 5, 2015
God must be working hard on me and my husband both. Trial after trial! After our big blow out yesterday, God handed my husband a crisis of his own when he arrived at work this morning. A major crisis. His boss was fired from the company, husband was made 2nd in command (behind the owner of this business which is small people wise, but very profitable), tossed into a position that he knows not much about, and asked by the owner if it was possible to put off our vacation for a few weeks until they get things settled down.

Then, the boss who got fired came in and wanted to clean out his office and get some things out of the warehouse, the owner told my husband to have the locks changed and not to let him in (gee, is he in the middle or what?) and it's been a nightmare for him altogether.

The good news? He called me first thing this morning to talk. (YES ... TALK) because he needed me. Because of all of you fine people and your advice, I shut my mouth and LISTENED for a change. Really listened. I sympathized with him, I understood him, I listened to his fears and listened to him cry as he talked about his best friend (his ex boss) telling him goodbye. I listened to him tell me how he had no idea how to do payroll, how to do quickbooks or anything the old boss did before he walked out the door. He told me he felt lost and scared. Everything was dumped in his lap. He's called 4 times today already to just vent his feelings, dump his emotions, and hear me FOR A CHANGE be nothing but loving, caring and supportive. We've talked today (with lots of emotions) more than we have in 10 years. Praise Jesus!

Oh, and he told the owner that he really couldn't change our vacation, that we only had 2 weeks left before our son starts college classes and this is it for our family time together. I had already told myself that if he has to put off our vacation, I would be NOTHING but supportive and in agreement ... he had enough on his shoulders today. But he didn't back down. He told the owner that he would make sure he had his phone on at all times, and that if he needed him for anything, he could call anytime, but he wanted to take his family away for a week.

I just want to thank all of you for your advice here and for helping me to see my SO many wrongs in how I used to respond to him and how my words were coming off to him. Because of you, I was able to help him today gracefully and lovingly and I can sure tell he appreciates it.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
You are now really giving yourself to your husband. And it is when we are giving ourselves that the Holy Spirit moves and acts in us most powerfully.

Blessings.

E

ember

wow...I haven't commented, but have read your other posts...and just wow...I really appreciate that you actually took what you considered good advice, acted on and have seen it working for you...that's rare right there!

I'm happy for you!

A

atwhatcost

You know, you can do a little more than listen, if you are able. Hubby has come to me about many a work-related problem. Mostly I listened, but, on occasion, I offer ideas too. For instance, since your hubby doesn't know how to do payroll on Quickbooks, does he trust anyone else that works there to do it for him? Better yet, (since I was a bookkeeper and kept seeing how others in my position were paid better lol), have that person teach him?

If the owner didn't want his friend/old boss in the office anymore, maybe your hubby could talk to him about what he forgot and wanted.

Also, it might be a good idea for your hubby to talk to his friend when he gets back.

So, yeah, listen. But it's okay to make suggestions. Often the ideas I gave didn't help, but bouncing ideas with him gave some new ideas that worked for him. That's all I wanted him to do. It helps.

(Also, warning. Your hubby is going to be on the phone often during your vacation and sometimes it's going to be dumb stuff the owner could figure out for himself, but didn't bother to think past that first moment of panic. lol)

Cindy12

Jan 5, 2015
You know, you can do a little more than listen, if you are able. Hubby has come to me about many a work-related problem. Mostly I listened, but, on occasion, I offer ideas too. For instance, since your hubby doesn't know how to do payroll on Quickbooks, does he trust anyone else that works there to do it for him? Better yet, (since I was a bookkeeper and kept seeing how others in my position were paid better lol), have that person teach him?

If the owner didn't want his friend/old boss in the office anymore, maybe your hubby could talk to him about what he forgot and wanted.

Also, it might be a good idea for your hubby to talk to his friend when he gets back.

So, yeah, listen. But it's okay to make suggestions. Often the ideas I gave didn't help, but bouncing ideas with him gave some new ideas that worked for him. That's all I wanted him to do. It helps.

(Also, warning. Your hubby is going to be on the phone often during your vacation and sometimes it's going to be dumb stuff the owner could figure out for himself, but didn't bother to think past that first moment of panic. lol)

Good advice ... no one else works there except for my husband, the owner, and the 2 drivers in the warehouse that work under my husband. The business manager was the old boss who got fired Friday, he did everything in the office, and my husband was over the warehouse operations. Now, he is going to be doing both. So theres no one to teach him. He's reached out to a couple people we know who have experience in payroll, quickbooks, and building profiles that are some of the most important issues. I went there with him Saturday and while he worked, I made him a ton of file folders, office books, helped him learn a few things I knew about payroll and we managed to get a ton done. He felt a LOAD of relief when we left. We went back over this morning after church and took care of a few more things. He put his out of office on email, but left a msg to call his cell for any emergencies ... he wants to help if he can, and I want him to as well. His boss called and the bosses brother was a business manager at another office and is going to come work with him all week while we are gone :) ... we are excited to be going in the morning and getting packed now! Thanks for all your help/advice! Praise Jesus!