Tell me if I have this right about your idea of what happens in heaven

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
Sounds as if those Christians were biblically and spiritually naive.

I read a story once about a rich guy who was bragging about his stuff to a poor destitute man. The poor man asked the rich man how he acquired so much excess wealth. The rich guy said that God gave it to me because he loves me. The poor guy, sad and downtrodden, asked "Doesn't God love me too?"

If all these Christians had to offer was 'putting Jesus first" than they too are poor indeed. It is like telling a disabled or terminally illl person that they lack faith to become healed, when the actual truth is that they themselves lack the faith to heal those that are hurting or sick.
When I was in my 30's some Christians would tell me....."GOD has something better for you" I would tell them, "I don't care. If it means me being single, I don't care, I'm not interested" They didn't understand the hatred I have for the singles life.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
Sounds as if those Christians were biblically and spiritually naive.

I read a story once about a rich guy who was bragging about his stuff to a poor destitute man. The poor man asked the rich man how he acquired so much excess wealth. The rich guy said that God gave it to me because he loves me. The poor guy, sad and downtrodden, asked "Doesn't God love me too?"

If all these Christians had to offer was 'putting Jesus first" than they too are poor indeed. It is like telling a disabled or terminally illl person that they lack faith to become healed, when the actual truth is that they themselves lack the faith to heal those that are hurting or sick.
When I was in my 40's, I was talking to a pastor about me being single. He tried to convince me about accepting being single. Not sure what happened next, but suddenly he had his hands up a a defensive position and saying.....John, John I'm sorry, I apologize, I was wrong. He than relaxed and said, "John, I don't know why GOD has done this to you. You never should have been single"

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
I am happy to be there if that is what God wants me to be and He believes that is what is best. I trust His Judgement. I just want to be in the center of His will. That is what gives me the most peace and joy.

Acts 8:27
“And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,”
When I was in my 40's, I was talking to a pastor about me being single. He tried to convince me about accepting being single. Not sure what happened next, but suddenly he had his hands up a a defensive position and saying.....John, John I'm sorry, I apologize, I was wrong. He than relaxed and said, "John, I don't know why GOD has done this to you. You never should have been single"

Jun 20, 2022
The angels were attracted to the WOMEN.
Angels are Male. they are not Men, but they are indeed Male.

Male, with faculties or not, will always be attracted to the opposite of them self.

But this is an Act of War. if the Angels had faculties, to really Oppose God, they would have done what GOD hates MOST, Abomination, the Same thing God destroyed Sodom for doing, SAME SEX!

but they do not have faculties. but a "spirit" can implant a fertile egg into a human womb. we are Saved because that's how God wanted to enter the earthly world by.

we know the Angels are Male.
God even did same on earth but added Female to Male.
God MADE Male and Female.
God MADE Angels, Men, Women.
Male and Female.
Male was designed to find Female attractive.

Jun 20, 2022
one idiot Pastor, being a human being, over thinking and analyzing the situation BASED solely upon YOUR CHOICE of Information given to him about You, that only You would know...and if you had a Wife, She, would eventually know.

and by his reaction to what you explained. wonder what he saw as your facial expression, when he said the first part, before, suddenly acting a fool and changing his mind?

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
one idiot Pastor, being a human being, over thinking and analyzing the situation BASED solely upon YOUR CHOICE of Information given to him about You, that only You would know...and if you had a Wife, She, would eventually know.

and by his reaction to what you explained. wonder what he saw as your facial expression, when he said the first part, before, suddenly acting a fool and changing his mind?
You missed the point, my anger toward GOD calling me to be single and always blocking my way.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Do you think Jonah enjoyed his calling? How about Jeramiah and Joseph in prison, Do you really think they praised GOD for being in prison? Did John the Baptist look forward to having his head cut off. Jesus told Peter, "Men will lead you where you do not want to go" Told him how he was going to die and Peter would not like it. Did Job like loosing his wealth, health and family? Be glad GOD has not tested you like he did them or me. Leading you in a path you hate.
Trusting in the Lord and his ways is a choice. No one has to resent God's plans. We can rejoice if we choose to, and it will become our strength.

Nehemiah 8:
9And Nehemiah, which is the Tirshatha, and Ezra the priest the scribe, and the Levites that taught the people, said unto all the people, This day is holy unto the LORD your God; mourn not, nor weep. For all the people wept, when they heard the words of the law. 10Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.

Acts 16:25
“And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.”

The choice is yours, JohnB. You can continue to kick against the pricks, or you can begin to praise God for all the love, mercy, and grace that He rains down upon thee every day of thy life.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
Trusting in the Lord and his ways is a choice. No one has to resent God's plans. We can rejoice if we choose to, and it will become our strength.

Nehemiah 8:
9And Nehemiah, which is the Tirshatha, and Ezra the priest the scribe, and the Levites that taught the people, said unto all the people, This day is holy unto the LORD your God; mourn not, nor weep. For all the people wept, when they heard the words of the law. 10Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.

Acts 16:25
“And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.”

The choice is yours, JohnB. You can continue to kick against the pricks, or you can begin to praise God for all the love, mercy, and grace that He rains down upon thee every day of thy life.
Job, Jonah, Joseph, Jeremiah did not rejoice in his plan. They not rejoice in losing everything, being inside a fish, being in prison.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
my anger toward GOD calling me to be single and always blocking my way.
Nothing good ever comes of that.
We have no reason to expect that things will ever get better for you until you deal with that.

but suddenly he had his hands up a a defensive position and saying.....John, John I'm sorry, I apologize, I was wrong. He than relaxed and said, "John, I don't know why GOD has done this to you. You never should have been single"
Almost afraid to ask, but what great earthshaking revelation did you make known to him? What was this horrific thing that God had done to you?

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
Nothing good ever comes of that.
We have no reason to expect that things will ever get better for you until you deal with that.

Almost afraid to ask, but what great earthshaking revelation did you make known to him? What was this horrific thing that God had done to you?
"What was this horrific thing that God had done to you? " leaving me in the singles life and blocking all my attempts at dating.

Jun 20, 2022
You missed the point, my anger toward GOD calling me to be single and always blocking my way.
i don't believe that God called you to be single at all.
now seeing how you think and view things at this point in your [[single]] life.
clearly, you, misunderstood God.

and a Pastor, shepherd, should only offer the suggestion of being single, if, you were a Preacher/Teacher/Evangelist Called by God. and eventually then, the Right Woman, would cross your path.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
I believe that ultimately, they did.
Jonah did what GOD had asked him to do, but he never stopped hating what did.

"Whenever I speak, I cry out proclaiming violence and destruction. So the word of the LORD has brought me insult and reproach all day long. But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot. ".....Jeremiah 20. Jerimiah wasn't doing it out of joy.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
i don't believe that God called you to be single at all.
now seeing how you think and view things at this point in your [[single]] life.
clearly, you, misunderstood God.

and a Pastor, shepherd, should only offer the suggestion of being single, if, you were a Preacher/Teacher/Evangelist Called by God. and eventually then, the Right Woman, would cross your path.
True he did not call me to be single, but he has blocked all my attempts to get out of it. To me, it should have happened in my 30's or 40's. I'm now looking at being 70 this month...why block all my attempts to get out of being single?

Jun 20, 2022
True he did not call me to be single, but he has blocked all my attempts to get out of it. To me, it should have happened in my 30's or 40's. I'm now looking at being 70 this month...why block all my attempts to get out of being single?
the Right One is not just simply handed to someone on a silver platter. there might be obstacles to overcome so it ultimately strengthens a man and woman as they learn each other and begin molding into one flesh.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
"What was this horrific thing that God had done to you? " leaving me in the singles life and blocking all my attempts at dating.
It wouldn't be the first time that God blocked a donkey's way.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
It wouldn't be the first time that God blocked a donkey's way.
Just because someone desires companionship and sex does not make it a sin. The two go hand in hand. The two shall become one FLESH, yet some in the church have turned that idea into a sin.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Just because someone desires companionship and sex does not make it a sin. The two go hand in hand. The two shall become one FLESH, yet some in the church have turned that idea into a sin.
You want God to throw a woman into your tank so you can gobble her up like fish food.

Just ain't gonna happen, my man.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
You want God to throw a woman into your tank so you can gobble her up like fish food.

Just ain't gonna happen, my man.
That is not what I said. But the bible says......

Let your wife be a fountain of blessing for you.
Rejoice in the wife of your youth.
She is a loving deer, a graceful doe.
Let her breasts satisfy you always.
May you always be captivated by her love.

Proverbs 5:18