Temples Within

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Z

zaoman32

I've slowly been making my way through the books of Chronicle's. Current I am on the second book, and just finished Ch. 29 this morning. Before reading the chapter though I prayed for God to open my eyes to something in the book. "God this whole thing just doesn't make sense to me. I don't have any clue what this has to do with anything, or its importance in Your word, so please help me." The chapter told the Story of King Hezekiah gaining the throne and restoring the temple. Removing every detestable thing, and consecrating it for the Lord. As this happens, I remember what else it says in the bible about our bodies being the temple. Interesting. If indeed our bodies, our very souls, are indeed the church and the temple...Have we erected these detestable things within them? Idols? Burning incense to false gods? In other words, giving Gods worship to emptiness? Giving devotion reserved to God, to other sensations? I know I am guilty as charged. And so, in the spirit of King Hezekiah, remove all detestable things from the temple, and accept the slaughtered lamb of Christ's sacrifice.

You deserve more
Than my everlasting failure.
You are worth more
Than my falling eyes.
These roads I walk upon
Not in the ways of my fathers.
You are my ever present,
I am ever forgetting.
The shrines of idols
Forged and crafted within
Burning the incense
Scents of false prophets
The deeds of the wicked
Here within the temple of my soul
Remove every detestable thing
In Your eyes
Consecrate this temple for righteousness
Offer up the slaughtered lambs
Sprinkle the blood on the altar
Burn the incense
Of my fathers before me
Use this restoration
For the glory of Your majesty

A

AgnusDei

zaoman32, you are reading a very interesting story. We are indeed temples of the living God. Actually, Jesus confirms this later on.

You will find something interesting there...in 2 Chronicles, you will find no information at all about the Northern Kingdom of Israel (with Samaria as their Capital city) but only about the Kings that ruled in the Southern Kingdom of Israel (with Jersusalem as capital city)

Now...why am I telling you this...because the Nothern Kingdom through Ahab founded Samaria as a capital city of the Northern Kingdom rejecting Jerusalem as their capital. Sometimes we reject God by other meaningless temples in our lives.

Great thread man....Go forward with God always

M

morninglory

I've slowly been making my way through the books of Chronicle's. Current I am on the second book, and just finished Ch. 29 this morning. Before reading the chapter though I prayed for God to open my eyes to something in the book. "God this whole thing just doesn't make sense to me. I don't have any clue what this has to do with anything, or its importance in Your word, so please help me." The chapter told the Story of King Hezekiah gaining the throne and restoring the temple. Removing every detestable thing, and consecrating it for the Lord. As this happens, I remember what else it says in the bible about our bodies being the temple. Interesting. If indeed our bodies, our very souls, are indeed the church and the temple...Have we erected these detestable things within them? Idols? Burning incense to false gods? In other words, giving Gods worship to emptiness? Giving devotion reserved to God, to other sensations? I know I am guilty as charged. And so, in the spirit of King Hezekiah, remove all detestable things from the temple, and accept the slaughtered lamb of Christ's sacrifice.

You deserve more
Than my everlasting failure.
You are worth more
Than my falling eyes.
These roads I walk upon
Not in the ways of my fathers.
You are my ever present,
I am ever forgetting.
The shrines of idols
Forged and crafted within
Burning the incense
Scents of false prophets
The deeds of the wicked
Here within the temple of my soul
Remove every detestable thing
In Your eyes
Consecrate this temple for righteousness
Offer up the slaughtered lambs
Sprinkle the blood on the altar
Burn the incense
Of my fathers before me
Use this restoration
For the glory of Your majesty

Friend, this was too beautiful to just click "like". I am so moved by it, it sounds so much like the prayer I prayed before the Lord led me to read the Bible cover to cover the magic seven times. Not evry one has the time and opportunity to do that, but nothing else in my life even measures up to the wonderment of knowing God by his own presentation of himself. I want to share a poem I wrote with you.

"Those Everlasting Arms"

He said, come unto me all ye laboring
heavy ladened with burdens to bear,
come to the place of my sweet rest
and lay your burdens there,

But I had no worthy burden,
no laboring yoke to bear,
but rather my own uselss efforts
had left my life in dispare...

Still he granted me yoke light and easy
he welcomed me with arms open wide,
he gave me hope for my needing
and his love gave me shelter to hide...

And this once wretched heart is now winging
with a song that is sweeter than sound,
and though the world grow wrestless around me
by "those everlasting arms" I am bound...

2Thewaters

In your heavenly temple singing
Adoring you with praise repeating
We glorify our God and king
Thank you Jesus for your great love
for dying to redeem this lost race
Our joy is ere to see your face
To magnify our king
with happy voices sing
Hallelujah
Eternal praises to our king
With joy our hallelujahs ring