Tendonitis T__T

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

KisDawn

I have it in both of my knees from running. What helps? I'm on a prescription anti inflammatory and ice, but I want to still run but not to re-injure myself even more. My dad is all don't wear knee braces when I read that that helps does it? Also is there a vitamin I can take or something? It's been driving me a bit bonkers. XD

B

bobie

man aren't you a bit young to be having something like that? anyway have you heard of the acronym RICE which stands for Rest, Ice, Compress, and Elevate!

K

KisDawn

I know right? I'm walking around like I'm 90, I could see if it was in one knee but both. I guess that's what I get from doing not much to 2 miles a day, but still >.> is there a way to spead up the healing? It's been 2 weeks Friday since the last time I ran. It's better just not enough for me to do much and it's driving me a bit stir crazy. Also yea I'm going to have to go and get knee braces then.

B

bobie

well if you follow the thing that i mentioned then usually the initial recovery will be 2 to 3 days and full recovery is within 4 to 6 weeks! anyway if you really couldn't wait then just take NSAIDs 30 minutes before you do your thing. and oh ya don't forget to wear your knee brace :)

K

KisDawn

Will do. :) I'm really getting sick of feeling my knees. Thanks. ^__^

K

KisDawn

An update. Today was my first day running again and I'm a little sore but still can walk up and down the stairs. XD I wore knee braces and I think the really helped me not move my knees in a bad way. I'm pretty flexible in my knees and usually sit on my feet because it's comfortable. XD So yea I'm going to give myself a days rest then do it again hopefully I can prevent them from getting as bad as they did. I sort of need to learn better common sense that if something hurts don't do it. XD I didn't understand the difference between sore from a good run or sore from an injury. I really don't get that difference now though. >.< What is it?

Snoboots

Feb 26, 2010
Oh, love, I know your pain. I have it in both my wrists... but my right one gets particularly inflamed... especially during these spring cold snaps. Just rest it, hun. You're doing everything right, but you got to give it some rest. Good luck with running and I pray for a divine healing over both of our injuries. God is good. He'll use what is good for His glory and what isn't will be cast aside!!!
Amen!
<3333
Blessings!

K

KisDawn

Oh, love, I know your pain. I have it in both my wrists... but my right one gets particularly inflamed... especially during these spring cold snaps. Just rest it, hun. You're doing everything right, but you got to give it some rest. Good luck with running and I pray for a divine healing over both of our injuries. God is good. He'll use what is good for His glory and what isn't will be cast aside!!!
Amen!
<3333
Blessings!
Ouchies yes you have to rest it even if you have the patients of a toddler. >.< I swear your attention span only gets worse with age, at least for me it has. Although I do know if I ever get carpal tunnel it will be most deserved. XD I'm online for hours a day.:eek: The hardest part I think is realizing that you are human and not like hit girl from the movie. It's sad when I'm envious of a 13 year old for being able to move like that, and have energy. I know real life isn't like the movies but I tend to set unrealistic goals for myself. The hardest part to remember is one step at time. Also thank you I prey for healing for both of us too. <3 <3 <3

C

ChristianCowgirl

The braces are a very good thing! They don't allow you to move in ways that make it worse. I have tendonitis in both wrists from a combination of piano, sign language, typing and texting. If I take anti-inflamitory and wear the braces for a while, it relieves the pain and swelling.

A

asamanthinketh

I don't know how some parts of the body heal, but from my own experience I do know that our brains/our minds and our bodies have to become senstized to pain.

So, maybe with time, and trust it will go away.

Start using your arm in a different way than what caused the pain or injury.

And trust those in your life who know you.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

I've been running for about 13 years now, and now let me tell you. Do NOT push yourself. If your in pain you need to stop for as long as possible until you feel better. Pushing yourself through pain will only cause more pain