That is strange

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

faniehennig

Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomor´rah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;
25 and He overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground. Gen 19
Our God is a consuming fire!
Every fool who plays with sin will come to know it!

M

Mishka

How do you know if there are cannibals or not in Minnesota? You just got there! lol

Honestly, I live in Philly, so we know there are cannibals among us. Can't remember his name, (I avoid memorizing names of serial killers and mass murderers. They got their 15 minutes of fame, and I refuse to give them another minute), but one of the originators of Earth Day escaped to another country that doesn't extradite, before they found the lovely roasts in his freezer. He really was eating his victims, so I'll never again say we have no cannibals.
As far as I know, Ira Einhorn (or however you spell his name) was not a cannibal. He killed his ex-girlfriend and then mummified and composted her body and kept it in his bedroom closet. The neighbor who lived below him eventually complained that a foul smelling brownish red liquid was leaking into his apartment underneath Ira's bedroom closet. I'm pretty sure he killed his ex girlfriend because she broke up with him and then tried to compost the body to get rid of it. I can't find anything anywhere that says he was eating people or keeping them in freezers.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Originally Posted by MadParrotWoman

Preacher said "I would close down the church and we would worship privately in our own homes."
That is exactly how it was in the days of Jesus and the Apostles. Churches were in peoples homes. Let us get back to the way the Early Church did it.

^i^ responding to Post 14[/QUOTE]

Careful what you wish for.............way things are going in this world with the assaults against the Christian church, believers may well to flee to the privacy of their homes to worship God for fear of persecution and death.

Oh, no, wait, in the Middle East this is ALREADY a reality

Dec 12, 2013
I have a serious problem with that! That's exactly what the secular humanists, anti-Christians want. They want us to succumb to their rule of law otherwise lay down and die. A fight's coming. Civil disobedience by Christians is on the horizon.
Bring you AR....I need extra shooters ;)

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
That is exactly how it was in the days of Jesus and the Apostles. Churches were in peoples homes. Let us get back to the way the Early Church did it.

^i^ responding to Post 14
Careful what you wish for.............way things are going in this world with the assaults against the Christian church, believers may well to flee to the privacy of their homes to worship God for fear of persecution and death.

Oh, no, wait, in the Middle East this is ALREADY a reality
There is coming a day that hearing the Word of God, will be rare.

Amo_8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

^i^ Responding to post 23

Dec 19, 2009
I listened to people saying that in the news one of the main topic is homosexuality. Can anybody tell me why that topic became almost number1 in the Bible study chat room? Coming back from 35 years in the jungle among cannibals, I don't understand your thinking as a Christian anymore. Is something wrong with me?
I think one of the most important principles in Christianity is sexual chastity. The Bible bears me out, doesn't it? Homosexuality is about unchastity.

Dec 19, 2009
I listened to people saying that in the news one of the main topic is homosexuality. Can anybody tell me why that topic became almost number1 in the Bible study chat room? Coming back from 35 years in the jungle among cannibals, I don't understand your thinking as a Christian anymore. Is something wrong with me?
I think one of the most important principles in Christianity is sexual chastity. The Bible bears me out, doesn't it? Homosexuality is about unchastity.
To continue, it's a real slap in the face to those of us who resist temptation to have our church leaders give their blessing to sexually unchaste behavior such as homosexuality.

B

BarlyGurl

Our government has legalized a sin that is an abomination to God. Do you not understand that this is of great concern to believers?
Maybe believers need to believe God and not deal treacherously by committing adultery and profaning Holy Matrimony....

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
There was a missionary couple in the last church I attended who had been in Cameroon in Africa for 25 years. The husband was a doctor, and he said the whole time he was there, he only met one man who was a homosexual.

He said he wondered whether it was cultural or environmental. Because homosexuality was frowned upon in that culture, so no one engaged in the lifestyle. But polygamy wasn't and AIDS was spread through the wives of men who had died of AIDS, then the brother took the wives and got sick, spread it to his other wives. So not a gay disease there at all.

I guess we do have other issues in our culture to worry about, but I agree, we should spend more time on Jesus and less on worrying about the ungodly lifestyles of the unsaved. Bring them to Jesus and let him turn them around - whether it is a straight couple living together and not married, or gay marriage.