The Animal Kingdom.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

I saw these series of videos about animals, and I marveled at the Lord. WOW!! I marveled at his creation, and at the varieties of things he created.

Some animals were VERY strange!! I said to myself, ''Why did he create this strange animal?'' Why did he create this animal that seems to have no purpose at all?

I was puzzled considering these animals and their many characteristics and environments. So many things puzzled me. Because I kept the Lord on my mind, and was hoping to learn something about him more from this.

One thing that kept repeating over and over again, was how all animals depend on the sun and water. All of the life revolves around these two things. And there were strange animals that lived in darkness their whole lives, and they looked like lights (their flesh glowed). Such strange animals!!

But one particular event really made me laugh, and then consider something. We saw a video of a sloth. And I was surprised at how much it reminded me of my brother. This wasn't the first time I had learned this, neither would it be the last time this was confirmed, but this was pure proof that I understood correctly what I had learned.

The Lord has put these various animals on this earth to teach us something about ourselves. This sloth really serves no purpose really, accept to be potential food for a predator.

I began to think, Lord, ''Is this a mockery?''

Why would the Lord create such useless things? I wondered and marveled and I still do.

But soon I saw something that made me afraid. I saw this one beast called the Komodo Dragon. There were several of them, and they were going to take down a large mammal, I forgot what it was.

They slithered their ugly selves right up to the thing while it was trying to bathe. And it tried to attack, but the large mammal bucked. Several days it took a snipe at the large mammal, but finally it did get a bite. For the next following days the Komodo Dragon just would rest and lounge around. It would come in the morning and watch the mammal, but would not attack it again. This puzzled the film crew. But after a while the plan began to emerge.

Over time the large mammal was becoming weaker and weaker. This lead to the presumption that that bite must have had venom in it. So the whole time the Komodo Dragon was waiting for the large mammal to get weak and fall and then all the other Komodo Dragons would have a meal.

It was one of the most fearful things I have seen, and I thought about that wicked Satan. And I thought of a lamb up against a Komodo Dragon. NO CONTEST!!

I became fearful. And wondered, ''Lord, have we become like these beasts, to only eat, and drink, and make babies, and hunt, and die? Are we no better than animals?''

And how does a simple sheep stand in this Animal kingdom? It has no contest for these brute beasts.

If Jesus became like that lamb, it must have been a very terrible thing to suffer the way he did. It is like a lamb v.s a Komodo Dragon.

Amazing!

Aug 25, 2011
Wow, Ramon what a concept. Seems often times relation between a lamb vs a dragon is one of great awe and mystery. Rev 12 talks about the dragon (lucifer) wanting to devour Christ Jesus as He is born. Then talks about michael the arch-angel and his angels warring in heaven against lucifer and his angels. Then lucifer that great deciever the covering angel of god's throne was thrown and defeated and was no more allowed in heaven.

also another interesting coralation is Rev 13:11 HCSB "then i saw another beast coming up out of the earth; he had two horns like a lamb, but he sounded like a dragon."

These symbolic or maybe even literal interpataions have astounded me for quite some time. How can a lamb speak like a dragon?

S

sloppy3

This sloth really serves no purpose really, accept to be potential food for a predator.
Is this really what you came away thinking? On the same basis, what purpose does a lamb have, or a cow, or indeed any animal?

R

Ramon

Is this really what you came away thinking? On the same basis, what purpose does a lamb have, or a cow, or indeed any animal?
Lambs were used for their coats to provide warmth. Cows can provide milk. Oxen can plow fields. But sloths just sit around. I can give you the sloth video, but I bought the other videos with the other animals.

However, even among each other animals in one way or another serve each other, but this sloth doesn't do one thing.

This is not the only animal that does something like this.

Yes, it is what I came away thinking.

May Jesus bless you.

S

sloppy3

Lambs were used for their coats to provide warmth. Cows can provide milk. Oxen can plow fields. But sloths just sit around. I can give you the sloth video, but I bought the other videos with the other animals.

However, even among each other animals in one way or another serve each other, but this sloth doesn't do one thing.

This is not the only animal that does something like this.

Yes, it is what I came away thinking.

May Jesus bless you.

Sloths do not "just sit around" Just because they are unusual in moving slowly it does not mean they have no purpose.

Their purpose, like all other living organisms, is to reproduce. As they have been around probably 60 million years, I'd say they have been pretty successful at it!

Cows' purpose is not to produce milk - it is to reproduce. It just happens that we take advantage of their ability to produce large quantities.

And you think a lamb's purpose is to die so you can keep warm??? wow.

J

jimmydiggs

There is no objective purpose to anything (including animals) apart from God.

Also, to the OP. Creation gives plenty of evidence to testify the truth of God. For the heavens declare the glory of God.

S

sloppy3

There is no objective purpose to anything (including animals) apart from God.

Also, to the OP. Creation gives plenty of evidence to testify the truth of God. For the heavens declare the glory of God.

Your're preaching

Y

yaright

Sloths do not "just sit around" Just because they are unusual in moving slowly it does not mean they have no purpose.

Their purpose, like all other living organisms, is to reproduce. As they have been around probably 60 million years, I'd say they have been pretty successful at it!

Cows' purpose is not to produce milk - it is to reproduce. It just happens that we take advantage of their ability to produce large quantities.

Now that you've had your chance to berate someone who prays for every curious thing; like a child that is curious about every seemingly small thing; There was a pastor locally who wrote a piece for a local news paper. The title; Are we really like animals? Than I spoke to him; and he came to realize how little he knew about the hidden things of God. So, I'll answer your question with a question.

Was there any purpose in a lamb dying so that we might have life?

R

Ramon

Wow, Ramon what a concept. Seems often times relation between a lamb vs a dragon is one of great awe and mystery. Rev 12 talks about the dragon (lucifer) wanting to devour Christ Jesus as He is born. Then talks about michael the arch-angel and his angels warring in heaven against lucifer and his angels. Then lucifer that great deciever the covering angel of god's throne was thrown and defeated and was no more allowed in heaven.

also another interesting coralation is Rev 13:11 HCSB "then i saw another beast coming up out of the earth; he had two horns like a lamb, but he sounded like a dragon."

These symbolic or maybe even literal interpataions have astounded me for quite some time. How can a lamb speak like a dragon?
Very interesting. I have seen a lamb before, but it didn't have horns. But I saw a ram before, and it had two horns. I want to share this in the thread so that others can hear also, though I would have loved to share it in PM:

It was my first time reading the bible through (straight through, I had read other parts.) But I came to the part of Abraham who went up to sacrifice tot he Lord. Now, you have read it, but something struck me. I thought he was going up to sacrifice a lamb, and he was, but there was a ram in the bush. I was puzzled. And I wondered, ''Lord, I know that this is not right, there should not be a ram in that bush, because I just know what you are trying to say to me, so why is there a ram in the bush and not a lamb?''

Well, I was ignorant, but I thank the Lord for my ignorance, because it was another proof that the Lord was the one who was teaching me. Now, look how awesome this is....

A RAM IS A MALE LAMB!!! WOW!!!

I didn't know this, and then I was like, WOW!!! YES!! I KNEW IT!! LOL. The Lord did not only allow the word, ''lamb.'' But he said, RAM!!! He was more specific. I knew it!! YES!! There had to be a MALE LAMB in that bush, or else I had to reconsider EVERYTHING!!

So I am wondering (now I stay away from revelation, unless the Lord gives me a revelation about it I will not even read it (to keep from interpreting)) if that lamb is also a ram, which has horns. If so, it is a male lamb.

If a male lamb is speaking as a dragon, then maybe the lamb isn't really a lamb. Maybe. I don't understand at all really. But you should pray to Jesus about it, as he is the only one who can reveal such things.

May Jesus bless you.

Y

yaright

Very interesting. I have seen a lamb before, but it didn't have horns. But I saw a ram before, and it had two horns. I want to share this in the thread so that others can hear also, though I would have loved to share it in PM:

It was my first time reading the bible through (straight through, I had read other parts.) But I came to the part of Abraham who went up to sacrifice tot he Lord. Now, you have read it, but something struck me. I thought he was going up to sacrifice a lamb, and he was, but there was a ram in the bush. I was puzzled. And I wondered, ''Lord, I know that this is not right, there should not be a ram in that bush, because I just know what you are trying to say to me, so why is there a ram in the bush and not a lamb?''

Well, I was ignorant, but I thank the Lord for my ignorance, because it was another proof that the Lord was the one who was teaching me. Now, look how awesome this is....

A RAM IS A MALE LAMB!!! WOW!!!

I didn't know this, and then I was like, WOW!!! YES!! I KNEW IT!! LOL. The Lord did not only allow the word, ''lamb.'' But he said, RAM!!! He was more specific. I knew it!! YES!! There had to be a MALE LAMB in that bush, or else I had to reconsider EVERYTHING!!

So I am wondering (now I stay away from revelation, unless the Lord gives me a revelation about it I will not even read it (to keep from interpreting)) if that lamb is also a ram, which has horns. If so, it is a male lamb.

If a male lamb is speaking as a dragon, then maybe the lamb isn't really a lamb. Maybe. I don't understand at all really. But you should pray to Jesus about it, as he is the only one who can reveal such things.

May Jesus bless you.
I can't but smile in your excitement. Creation language will hold the curiosity of a child of God for many years. This is nothing short of a treasure you have found when you began to ask questions about the one thing we naturally take for granted. It's my way of saying, "hidden in plain sight, from plain sight" Thanks for sharing what you have gained. Our example of a curious child seeking his or her father, asking thousands of questions; is continually before us. Also, the evidence that a father loves to teach and answer questions; is continually before us. God made creation this way, a curious language of many parts that whets the appetite of one who is as a curious child that seeks our Heavenly Father. This is the meaning of Jesus saying, "Unless you become as one of these little children........" This kinda takes the starch out of religions of men.

S

sloppy3

True or not, what I stated is true.

In your mind, maybe (notwithstanding the contradiction in your statement)

But we are discussing empircal evidence here.

J

jimmydiggs

In your mind, maybe (notwithstanding the contradiction in your statement)

But we are discussing empircal evidence here.
There is no contradiction in the statement if you pay attention to what was being responded to.

You had stated that I was preaching. To which I simply stated "True or not," and went on to approach the central issue.

Also, it is not in my mind, as that would of course make it subjective and lacking of an objective meaning/purpose/etc...

This is rather a matter of philosophy. Since you have demanded empiracle evidence. I have a question. Can you on a scientific level establish that their is value to life? I suggest you read a bit on David Hume before you proceed to answer that question.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010

You think all that things were made to do nothing but reproduce? If that is the case, then where's the value of life? Whether it just be animal, or if it be human?

Aug 25, 2011
Ok back to the question I asked earlier. How can a lamb speak like a dragon? Does anyone else think that this also has meaning for us as lay-folk. Perhaps alot of times we think we are speaking as lambs, but really were speaking like dragons. Now forget all the fears and all the anguish's of this statement. Just consider the imp-lications.

So thank Lord God Almighty "All things work together for good, for those that love God and are called according to His purpose." I suppose my question is more to myself than anyone. How do we as lambs for God keep ourselves from speaking like dragons?