The answers to all the Questions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForthAngel

Aug 31, 2012
this is for new christians who dont want to lose faith because of all the "theories" on the bible discussion area.
to anyone struggling with the mass of confusion that just wants plain simple answers.

what is salvation - belief through faith that Jesus died for our sins, rose again and acceptance of His free gift of grace paired with a willingness to serve.

do you need to be baptized - yes. who cares what the reason is. He said to do it.

what is repentance - you stop sinning and if you do without knowing, ask for forgiveness.

am i saved by works - no, the works come naturally after salvation

what if i sin deliberately for a long time after being saved, am i safe? - well either you were never saved or God has allowed you to walk amongst the wolves for a learning lesson to better serve him later on. if this is the case be prepared for major chastisement. you should feel a major guilt for your sins if you continue in them. i wouldnt risk it. best thing, cease sinning immediately, it is commanded.

does this mean i have to be perfect? - no. anyone who tells you that you do is a liar.

you should read your bible
you should witness to people.
you should attend a church for fellowship and worship.

This is all anyone really needs to know. Anything beyond this starts to become more speculative and convoluted through human inspired interpretations and leading people away from the truth.

John 3:16

King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Case closed.

O

OFM

this is for new christians who dont want to lose faith because of all the "theories" on the bible discussion area.
to anyone struggling with the mass of confusion that just wants plain simple answers.

what is salvation - belief through faith that Jesus died for our sins, rose again and acceptance of His free gift of grace paired with a willingness to serve.

do you need to be baptized - yes. who cares what the reason is. He said to do it.

what is repentance - you stop sinning and if you do without knowing, ask for forgiveness.

am i saved by works - no, the works come naturally after salvation

what if i sin deliberately for a long time after being saved, am i safe? - well either you were never saved or God has allowed you to walk amongst the wolves for a learning lesson to better serve him later on. if this is the case be prepared for major chastisement. you should feel a major guilt for your sins if you continue in them. i wouldnt risk it. best thing, cease sinning immediately, it is commanded.

does this mean i have to be perfect? - no. anyone who tells you that you do is a liar.

you should read your bible
you should witness to people.
you should attend a church for fellowship and worship.

This is all anyone really needs to know. Anything beyond this starts to become more speculative and convoluted through human inspired interpretations and leading people away from the truth.

John 3:16

King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Case closed.
See Hebrews 10:25 for Church
See 1 Jn.9 on Forgiveness
See Matt.28:18-20 on Baptizim
Se James 2:17-18 On Salvation,and Romans 5:5-8.

chip

Banned
Aug 29, 2012
it is true that often we muddy the simplicity of the Gospel message with argument and doctrines which only create confusion.

Jesus' message was simple and he did point out that even a child should be able to understand His message.....