The argument thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Grey

Can you demonstrate you've done that instead of just assert that you have?
Aside from reading a textbook on mythologies, being part way through the Koran, reading the Torah and New Testament, reading about the Hindu tirade gods (Shiva, Brahma, and Vishnu), reading a book about the life of Buddha (Siddharth Gautama), and personally researching Taoism and Confucianism, no?

I mean it's not like I get some spiritual stamp on my resume for doing all those things, I suppose I have personal knowledge on the subjects now.

M

megaman125

Aside from reading a textbook on mythologies, being part way through the Koran, reading the Torah and New Testament, reading about the Hindu tirade gods (Shiva, Brahma, and Vishnu), reading a book about the life of Buddha (Siddharth Gautama), and personally researching Taoism and Confucianism, no?

I mean it's not like I get some spiritual stamp on my resume for doing all those things, I suppose I have personal knowledge on the subjects now.
I asked you to demonstrate it, not just make claims that you have. What makes your word more reliable than the Bible, from my perspective?

May 12, 2013
I asked you to demonstrate it, not just make claims that you have. What makes your word more reliable than the Bible, from my perspective?
I can just easily say the bible is not of complete truth and that would make it unreliable. So a better question is what can demonstrate your bible is even true?

M

megaman125

I can just easily say the bible is not of complete truth and that would make it unreliable. So a better question is what can demonstrate your bible is even true?
You missed the words "from my perspective" in my previous post. Try answering the question again, this time with the last three words in mind.

May 12, 2013
You missed the words "from my perspective" in my previous post. Try answering the question again, this time with the last three words in mind.
In that case nothing because you believe your bible to be the complete truth from god. There's nothing that can top that so i don't see the point of asking that

M

megaman125

In that case nothing because you believe your bible to be the complete truth from god. There's nothing that can top that so i don't see the point of asking that
There's what I was looking for. Now you know what it feels like to us Christians talking with atheists.

Atheist: Give me proof

Christian: Here's some stuff you might find interesting.

Atheist: Demonstrate it, I want proof.

Christian: Here's this stuff.

Atheist: That's not good enough for me, I want proof.

Christian: ...

Only now I've reversed the roles, and you're the one wearing the shoes.

G

Grey

How would I, its the statement that I have investigated something, I have no physical object that I could demonstrate, its knowledge of religions.

M

megaman125

How would I, its the statement that I have investigated something, I have no physical object that I could demonstrate, its knowledge of religions.
There's what I was looking for. Now you know what it feels like to us Christians talking with atheists.

Atheist: Give me proof

Christian: Here's some stuff you might find interesting.

Atheist: Demonstrate it, I want proof.

Christian: Here's this stuff.

Atheist: That's not good enough for me, I want proof.

Christian: ...

Only now I've reversed the roles, and you're the one wearing the shoes.
This is the exact same thing you guys do to us when demanding proof for the resurrection of Jesus, an event that happened in the past. Anything we give you isn't good enough, and you keep squabbling about proof. So welcome to the club. How are those shoes fitting?

May 12, 2013
This is the exact same thing you guys do to us when demanding proof for the resurrection of Jesus, an event that happened in the past. Anything we give you isn't good enough, and you keep squabbling about proof. So welcome to the club. How are those shoes fitting?
Scuss me but if u had actual proof we wud look at it and if it was correct we would believe it to be true. We're not as closed minded as you are when you admitted the bible was not up for questioning whatsoever.

The only thing we squish are things that actually are not proof and u get mad when we point that out

G

Grey

What does this have to do with anything? Anything at all, your asking me if I've researched other religions and demanding proof. Do you have proof you've read the bible?