The Auto Accident

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 7, 2013
This happened last month, and was the worst accident that I was ever in.

I prayed about our little journey before we pulled away from our house. My wife and
I were going to an auction some fifty miles away, and I prayed for our safety and
also the safety of our fellow travelers.

I went around a curve about 8 miles from our home and all of a sudden it did not
look good. There was three vehicles coming at me in their proper lane and another,
a sedan, starting to pass them all. There were double yellow lines in the middle of the road
and this meant a no passing zone. I slowed down some, and I thought that the passing car
would surely pull over at a small parking lot near there, but they did not. I slowed down
further but they kept coming. There was no where for me to pull off and where we met there were
guard rails on each side instead of shoulders. I slowed down to about 5 MPH, and they kept coming
and passed me but slammed into my left front fender, and my door and they destroyed my left
front tire. Then they continued off at a high speed and I did not expect to see them again.

We called the police and later two people walked from their cars out of sight of us. One was the
driver of the car that hit us, a lady not too far from our age, and the other a witness who
had seen it all and was very helpful to me in talking to the police.

They had to tow away both cars and it took them weeks to fix mine. It was more than 4000 for the
insurance to pay. I had some pain in my back after the accident, but it did not last and after a month
I have had no more at all, although our insurance told us that medical problems are always present in
an accident of the severity of ours.

After a month has gone by, I am told that the insurance company of the car that struck mine does not
wish a trial and will pay all of our bills to fix damages. We are fine, at least so far.

Thanks to the good Lord for answering my prayers for the safety of all concerned. He did.
I am very glad that the lady who struck us is OK. I pray that whatever drove her to do this will
leave her, and I pray that also in the name of Jesus. Amen. I recommend praying before driving.