The Beauty of Discipline.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Richie_2uk

What's your disciplinary status like in your Christian walk? Does the word discipline enters in your daily Journey with God? How can you be more disciplined? Have you room for discipline in your life? I hope and pray that this video will encourage you, as Pastor David Meggers explains the Beauty of Discipline.

I recorded this sermon last week at our church, and was blessed. It made me think about the amount of discipline I have in my life that needs to work on more. God bless and be Blessed.

[video=youtube;TD6NQStZzBQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD6NQStZzBQ[/video]

L

Laodicea

Hebrews 12:6-7 KJV
(6) For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
(7) If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
This is primarily the reason why many Christians can't take correction and are quick to accuse one of "judgment", because there's a lack of discipline. But there's no growth without discipline.

Scripture says to allow no one to judge you in your walk/worship, EXCEPT the body of Christ, because we're supposed to perfect *one another* in our Christ-walk. But there's often a worldly understanding about love - that permeates even the Christians community; that Love = "never having to say your're sorry"; and so that definition gets superimposed onto God's love, which turns his mercy into greasy-grace or "do what thou wilt" because God loves you anyway...and then we can't understand why things happen to us in the world.

If I could "like" your post twice, Laodicea, I would.

God's love is two-sided: Mercy AND Discipline (either through our obedience OR His judgment).

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
There is God disciplining through His Word and Spirit and there is man disciplining himself through his '10 step programs etc.,' and his own strength.

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Thanks for sharing