The bible and politics

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

phil112

God doesn't want even the liberals and democrats to perish. That's why He sent Jonah.
Jonah 4:11 And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
God doesn't want even the liberals and democrats to perish. That's why He sent Jonah.
What does this verse have to do with politics?

jb

Feb 27, 2010
A bit of humour injected into rather serious subjects I think!

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Nineveh was a very wicked city yet there were some save-able people within the walls. Reminds us of many of the great cities in the world today. Word great used in a very broad context and not intended to ascribe any qualities of real merit.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Oct 22, 2013
Nineveh was a very wicked city yet there were some save-able people within the walls. Reminds us of many of the great cities in the world today. Word great used in a very broad context and not intended to ascribe any qualities of real merit.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
what was required of this gentile nation that they might be saved from utter destruction? Were they to slaughter their children an animal sacrifice perhaps? Surely some temple priest, person had to be involved or a ritual had to be performed, right? Or was the only requirement to repent and turn to YHVH?

For the cause of Yehovah
David

P

phil112

This crime in Ferguson has become highly politicized. This particular article is about what a professor said. A professor is someone that teaches our children. A professor of religious studies.
Reacting to the grand jury decision not to indict Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson, University of Pennsylvania religious studies professor Anthea Butler wrote that “this time, the blood shed in sacrifice to this god of white supremacy was Michael Brown’s.”
“Darren Wilson, an agent of that god, was vindicated. For his reward, he is showered with blood money from other followers of the racist god,” Butler wrote.
After You Read Ferguson Column Penned By Ivy League Prof., You’ll See Why It’s Being Called ‘Shameful’ | TheBlaze.com

Are there still some here that thinks this is none of our business? That we should butt out and be silent?

[SUP] [/SUP]Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:

May 21, 2014
Masses of folks think this is a RACE WAR, but it is a MARTIAL LAW/POLICE S STATE STRATEGY PLAN OF THE GOVERNMENT to removal citizens rights. This tactic of divide and conquer is not new, but sheep/cattle are asleep(zombies) who are mind controlled by the media, government or any other distractions. WHAT WHAT WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WHEN THEY COME FOR YOU!! JESUS spoke about THE SYSTEM how corruption is through out religion, government and military(trinity), and many folks are afraid of TRUTH! Satan(Shatan, Baal, Beelzebub, MAN) is adversary of JESUS because MAN desire to be a god. The Senate during Rome reign declare Caesar a god to be worship and Man has always worship himself as power and authority.

N

Nicee

Heaven has it own politic system. I will not go any further.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Masses of folks think this is a RACE WAR, but it is a MARTIAL LAW/POLICE S STATE STRATEGY PLAN OF THE GOVERNMENT to removal citizens rights. This tactic of divide and conquer is not new, but sheep/cattle are asleep(zombies) who are mind controlled by the media, government or any other distractions. WHAT WHAT WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WHEN THEY COME FOR YOU!! JESUS spoke about THE SYSTEM how corruption is through out religion, government and military(trinity), and many folks are afraid of TRUTH! Satan(Shatan, Baal, Beelzebub, MAN) is adversary of JESUS because MAN desire to be a god. The Senate during Rome reign declare Caesar a god to be worship and Man has always worship himself as power and authority.
Oh Pleeeeze, to the conspiracy room with this dribble.

C

ChristIsGod

I dribble too, crossnote. It's called "order out of chaos" or as Jesus called it "ethnos against ethnos" fueled by those that need to perpetrate chaos in order to bring in their Order.

Meh, what can I do - as my Grandmother used to say, "Don't mind what I say, I'm just an old lady." :rolleyes:

SolidGround

Jan 15, 2014
They are like sheep without a shepherd.
Angry and violent sheep, but they still need the Shepherd.

It is sad to see the words of Martin Luther King called "ignorant" and "he didn't know how bad it was gonna get when he said that" by those protesting against civil injustice,
but even when blindness leads others into deeper darkness, we can pray for them to come to the light, because we have seen the Light.

Pray for the lost. Like the people of Nineveh, many of these people are led astray by a racist culture (both ways), and an culture that tells them that obeying the law is something to be avoided.

This nation needs more prayer warriors, not political activists.

O

oldthennew

EZ.22:25.
There is a conspiracy of her prophets in the midst thereof, like a roaring lion ravening the prey;
they have devoured souls; they have taken the treasure and precious things; they have made
her many widows in the midst thereof.

PSALM 83:3-4-5.
They have taken crafty counsel against Thy people, and consulted against Thy hidden ones.

They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation;...

For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against You.

ACTS 23:13.
And they were more than forty which had made this conspiracy.

'Prove all things'......

Dec 12, 2013
A lot of people don't realize that Jonah did not want to go to Nineveh because it was the capitol city of Assyria and that Jonah knew the prophecies concerning Assyria and it being used of God to bring judgment upon the Northern Kingdom of Israel. If Nineveh repented and God spared them they would obviously be used to judge Israel...what is tragic is that I have heard so-called believers in the resurrection say that the story of Jonah being swallowed by a great fish/whale are impossible and unbelievable....yeah OK...what ever!

P

phil112

Jonah 4:11 And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?
I emphasized "persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand".....it sounds like our left wingers today. Yes it was a little wry humor. I'm not going to ask why you didn't find that humorous.:)

P

phil112

Heaven has it own politic system. I will not go any further.
Don't be silly. In heaven Jesus is king. We will unquestionably and willingly do as He desires. There will be no need for any type of "system" of rank and order. From God comes all, and that is sufficient. There will be no streets to maintain, no schools to maintain, no police or fire departments. Completely ridiculous to think that any man will have authority over another man.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
I dribble too, crossnote. It's called "order out of chaos" or as Jesus called it "ethnos against ethnos" fueled by those that need to perpetrate chaos in order to bring in their Order.

Meh, what can I do - as my Grandmother used to say, "Don't mind what I say, I'm just an old lady." :rolleyes:
And probably one of the few we should mind most. I agree with you as a 34 year old male, once you truly SEE you can't "unsee". Truth is truth no matter who believes it or not, and this is no doubt Satan's world now (but only because God has allowed it to be clear, there is no real contest here), (Matt 24:37) "as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be", and (ECC 1 1:9) "The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun."

C

ChristIsGod

Amen you guys. And Psalm 2 as well - Psa 2:1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? Psa 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
Psa 2:3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
Psa 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
Psa 2:5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
Psa 2:6 Yet have I set my King upon My holy hill of Zion.
Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Psa 2:8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
Psa 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
Psa 2:10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
Psa 2:11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
Psa 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled

C

CRC

Ferguson is a smoke screen!!!! Keep awake!!!!
They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and they perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty. 15 “Look! I am coming as a thief. Happy is the one who stays awake and keeps his outer garments, so that he may not walk naked and people look upon his shamefulness.” 16 And they gathered them together to the place that is called in Hebrew Armageddon. (Revelations 16:14-16)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
???

How does that make the incident in Ferguson, Mo. a "smoke screen?"

???