The Bible Has Been Translated Too Many Times to be Trusted?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

RachelBibleStudent

call me a selective optimist...but to me every time the bible is translated it means the gospel goes to people of another language...so i say the bible can never be translated too many times! :)

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
Originally Posted by DiscipleDave

The verse that says there is no male or female, DOES NOT negate other inspired by God verses. It does not make void other inspired by God verses in Scriptures.

If what you believe contradicts even ONE verse in Scriptures then what you believe is in error. Just because you misinterpret there in no male or female in Christ, does not make void the instructions the Word of God gives wives. Nor does it negate the instructions given to Husbands. Just because The Apostle Paul said there is no male or female, does that now mean there are NO MALES and there are NO FEMALES? No it does not, just because people grossly misinterpret what the Apostle Paul said concerning no male or female in Christ, does not CHANGE, VOID out, or NEGATE, all the verses which plainly teach what men and women can or can not do. A person does not know the TRUTH, unless EVERY verse lines up with ever other verse, fi they do not line up, then it is YOUR interpretation of the verses that are in error.

An example of that is practicing Homosexuals have plainly told me, that the Bible teaches to LOVE ONE ANOTHER. So they adamantly believe and hold on to that verse, all the while making void, negating all the other verses which teach it is wrong. Where do you draw the line?

How is this not hypocrisy? A person states there is no more male and female in Christ when they are discussing the roles of women and men, but then with the same mouth say it is evil and wicked for a male to marry a male, or a female to marry a female. If then there is no more male or female then two women getting married should be OK, according to that same logic. Or are you a hypocrite and only use the statement the Apostle Paul made concerning there is no male or female in Christ, as long as it benefits you, and fits into your own belief.

Again, this is what God plainly told me in conversation one day "If what you believe contradicts even one verse in Scriptures, then what you believe is WRONG"

Heavens no. Do you know what i like about Joyce Myers. Is she plainly teaches that her ministry and her teachings are to the women, to the wives, to the mothers, to the grandmothers. Have i learned stuff from Joyce Myers? Yes, i have. Can God choose a women to be a prophet? Sure, and has, and does. But i assure you, a female prophet of God will obey the Word of God, and she will NOT usurp authority over men, even though she has been given divine knowledge from God. Now If this female Prophet had a message to give, i would listen to it.

Scriptures plainly teach this, women are to teach women. Does that mean men can't listen to those women? No it does not mean that at all. That is why i like Joyce Myers, she teaches women, her teaching is towards the women, can men learn from her, sure, can men listen to her? sure. Does she usurp authority over men, or even her husband? NO she does not. (from what i do know about her).

This is True, However the working of God will NEVER contradict the Word of God, for the Word of God can't be broken and God does not lie EVER. So then even though the Working of God is not about gender at all, this does not negate the inspired by God Scriptures that ARE gender specific. You can't throw out verses out of the Scriptures because they do not fit into your own personal beliefs. You either believe EVERY verse of Scriptures, or you do not know the Truth. You can't say there are no more males and females in Christ, then turn around and say there ARE males and females when talking about Homosexuals getting married. Just because the Apostle Paul made that comment, does not negate all GENDER specific verses in Scriptures.

This is True. and does the Holy Ghost teach you to ignore gender specific verses because of what the Apostle Paul said? Does the Holy Spirit of God teach you to negate all gender specific verses because of the verse that says there are no more male and female in Christ? Is it not also written there is none that doeth Good, no not one. Does that now mean, Nobody can do good deeds, because the verse plainly says, there is none that doeth good?

Again, i can't stress it enough. "If what you believe is the Truth, contradicts even one verse in Scriptures, then YOUR belief is in error" Therefore change YOUR belief to line up with all of Scriptures, Do NOT do what this wicked generation does, they will Change, alter, ignore, make void, negate, any verse that does not line up with their own belief. Nay, change your belief to match Scriptures, NOT change Scriptures to match your belief. You have been warned.

^i^ responding to post #153

Hi Dave,
There is no place for misogyny in the body of Christ.
Greetings, misogyny? looking it up now.

misogyny = dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women:

You accuse me of this? Is that accusation of God? if it is of God then you will show where i have said anything at all against women, just one thing that i have said against women, where you now accuse me of. What then, if i teach EXACTLY what the Word of God teaches, then you believe the Word of God is misogyny? You do greatly error in falsely accusing another.

What is wrong with this generation in their falsely accusing people. satan falsely accuses people. Jesus never did that. The Apostles never did that. True Christian should not do that. If you are going to accuse somebody of something, then SHOW that something. How easy is it for this wicked generation to accuse another without showing any of the evidence to support that accusation. If i was going to accuse another of being misogyny, i would reveal the statement they said that show them to be misogyny. NO not this generation, they would rather just accuse, without showing. What is with this generation that judges. With the same manner you have Judged me, God will judge you. (This is not to the poster, but to all) Anyone who judges, with the same way they judge, God shall judge them. If you have accused me of misogyny, yet i have said NOTHING to make you judge that of me, then God shall judge you in a like manner, so says the Word of of God.

The warning you have given me here only shows that there are some personal issues you need to address,
Yes, i am sure all the Holy people of God who gave warnings heard the same reply.

the least being that you need to read properly for yourself what is written and not add things to the quote which simply are not there.
And now will you do the Godly thing or not? Tell me what i have ADDED as you now accuse me of doing?

I offered you respect in my letter. You however most disrespectfully trashed what I said in order to bully me with your "superior" understanding, adding false accusations to make your point.
Ironic, you accuse me of all these things, yet not give one example where i have done this. If i have disrespected you in any way whatsoever, then please tell me where i have done that, so that i can repent of it to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. You say that i have done this, then show where i have done this, so that i may be able to repent of it. You say that i have bullied you, again you accuse me of that, yet do not show where i have done this. Is it not True these things that i have done are in your head, and not what i actually did? You then accuse me of having superior understanding, Again this is in your own head and your own thoughts from your own thinking. i have made it clear what i teach is not from me, nor is it mine, nor is it from my understanding at all, even though i do understand it, the "Superior" part of it comes from God, not me. So please do not say it is MY superior understanding, because that is not True, it is God's.

I know I am in Christ. My point is that many do not have that personal revelation but when you do, you know that in Christ there is no male or female. In Christ there is none more important than any other (1 Cor 12) or didn't you read that part of the Bible?
Have i said differently? Have i disagreed with any of what you say above? No. But somehow you think i did, why is that?

We all have a role as born again believers but it is not up to you to tell women what their role is.
Again, you did not understand. The Bible is CLEAR what their role is. The Role of Women does not come from me, but from the Word of God. If the Word of God plainly teaches that women are not to usurp authority over a man, if i then say the same exact thing, how is it you say it is me telling women that? The Word of God tells women that. i merely teach what the Word of God says, despite the fact that 99% of American women will hate the Truth concerning what the Word of God says about the role of women is.

We all have a role as born again believers but it is not up to you to tell women what their role is.
Your absolutely correct, it is not up to ME to tell women what their role is. What is on me to do is to teach what the Word of God teaches. And the Word of God plainly teaches, no interpretations needed, what the role of men AND women AND children are. Are you saying it is wrong for a person to teach what the Word of God teaches? How then can anyone be taught?

That is taking false authority.
i have authority of God to teach all things God told me to teach, if i did not have that authority, He would not have told me to teach them.

If we know who we are in Christ there remains one thing: to be that person and to do what He calls us to do with all our heart mind and strength. It is not up to you to tell me what God cannot do in my life so get over it.
Do you have anger issues that you are dealing with? i am not telling anyone how to live, but i will do what i am called to do with all my heart, mind, strength, and soul, and that is to tell people what the Word of God says and teaches. i teach the Truth to a generation that will refuse to hear it. i do not teach ANYTHING contrary to Scriptures. What i do teach is contrary to what people in this generation believes is the Truth though.

Seriously though, if i have disrespected you in any way, please reveal where i have done that, and if i have, i will repent of it. But if you do not show me where i have disrespected you, then i will not repent of it, because i don't think i have done such a thing. i think you THINK i have done that, and if that is the case i will repent of it, because it was not my intention. So i am looking forward to hearing from you, these so many things you have accused me of, in this post, to see where i have done what you are accusing (judging)

^i^ Responding to post 184

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012

Since when is sarcasm, and/or mocking something to say "Amen" about? Do you think that which was said to me, was in love? Was it said to edify? Was it said to build me up? Was it said to encourage me? Or was it said in sarcasm to mock me?

^i^ responding to post #154

No, what Russell said was to expose what you in your total lack of empathy and sensitivity are unable to see.
Now i am being accused by you, as having a lack of empathy and sensitivity. Have i said something about you personally? Have i offended you in some way? Have i attacked you in any way whatsoever? If you think i have done any of these things, then show it, or is it because you do not like the Truth, and therefore are attacking me because i tell you the the Truth?
And seriously, you are being honest right now, and think what he said was not sarcasm? Seriously? Are you trying to tell me you are over 61 years old, and do not know sarcasm when you hear it. Or are you so against ME, that it is easier to side with others who are also against me?

He did it as a man BTW knowing you would not take it from a woman because you wouldn't humble yourself in that event.
Did i say something that would indicate to you that i thought he was a woman? You say that i would not humble myself in that event. Do you now presume to know me? IF you understood the things that i said, you would have seen that i clearly said i have learned stuff from Joyce Myers, and that i have also said PLAINLY that men can learn from women. But for some reason, in your mind, and it is in your mind, i have become the enemy to you. You then falsely accuse me of many things, think i hate women, and all other manner of evil things you have said against me, and God is my witness, i have said NOTHING about you. NOTHING at all. i have not called you any names, or falsely accused YOU of ANYTHING at all, know why? because i love you, i would not dare say something against YOU personally, i love you, and care for you. But it seems i have told you the Truth according to the Word of God i have told it, and because you disagree with it so much, you have attacked me, by falsely accusing me of these many things. Do you hate me because i tell you the Truth?

He already understood what the problem was and so do I.
So let me get this straight, He knew what the problem was, and instead of HELPING me with the problem, he responded by mocking and sarcasm. And you testify that you knew what the problem was as well, and responded to his sarcasm and mockery with an "Amen". Neither of which tried to help me with this so called problem you and he understands. If then you disagree with what i have said in ANY POST, then show the Scriptures that teach contrary? OH you can't, because what i teach lines up with Scriptures PERFECTLY, but what i teach does not line up with what you believe is the Truth. There is ONLY one Truth, and that is what the Word of God teaches, not what i teach, not what you teach, not what they teach. The Truth is what the Word of God teaches, and the Word of God teach PLAINLY, that women are not to usurp authority over the man, it is not my fault or God's fault that you disagree with the Word of God and what it plainly teaches, my hands are clean, i have told you the Truth, if you want to continue to believe that women CAN usurp authority over the man, which is contrary to the Word of God, that is on you, i have told you the Truth.

In order to reach for some better outcome of this interchange, from what I have read in your other posts you appear to have a prophetic element to your writing.
They do not APPEAR to have that, they DO have that. God chooses whom God chooses. Not that i deserve it, or even wanted it, He chose me before i was even born. Do you think i would choose to be celibate now for over 8 years. God chose me, i do all things to please Him. i am not my own, i am His slave, to do and and teach as He wills. i merely teach what God tells me to teach, what i teach does not come from my own thinking, my own intellect, what i teach comes from God.

That needs to be encouraged obviously but my observation over some 16 years of moving in the prophetic community is that prophets can be blunt and harsh.
True, and they will teach what the Word of God teaches, such as saying women are not to usurp authority over a man, and that wives are to obey their husband in all things. Blunt and the plain TRUTH and both found written in Scriptures, despite the last days generation that will spit it out and stomp on it, because it does not line up with society beliefs of the role of men and women.

Sometimes this is necessary but not for our own purposes, to make us feel superior.

A True Prophet will rarely, if ever, discuss his own feelings on a particular matter, a True Prophet will merely repeat what God has told him, what God has showed him, what God has revealed to him. Reread any one of my post, on this thread or any other, and see if you can find me teaching anything that makes ME feel superior? Here is the problem though, it is not the Prophet, it is with this gerneration, when they hear someone say "God told me" they automatically assume that person is saying that to make him/herself feel superior. If then i tell you, what i teach is from God, that has NOTHING to do with whatsoever what i FEEL or trying to FEEL. It is merely the TRUTH.

Harshness may be needed on some occasions but if it has come to that it is because of deepening furrow of rebellion in another who is not going to respond to tender coaxing of the soil of their heart because it has gone too far.
There are enough people to respond to tender coaxing, they are called preachers. We live in a time, and now is, when there is no longer time to be on milk of the Word. People better wake up, and start living by the Word of God TODAY. Because the time is fast approaching and now is, when you are either living by the Word of God or your not. Those who LOVE ONE ANOTHER, are living by the Word of God, those who do not LOVE ONE ANOTHER, are NOT.

What? Do you think the Prophets in the last days come to get more people SAVED? Do you think they come in the last days to bring people to the Lord? NO, NO. Prophets in the last days come to teach those who profess they are Christians and are not. My calling is not to the unsaved, my calling is not to bring people to the Lord Jesus. my calling is teach all Chrisitans everywhere that if you are in a backsliden condition when Christ appears, you will NOT be taken with Him, because you are still living in your sins, you are still in bondage to those sins, which this generation refuses to cease from, even though the Word of God is clear to get rid of the sin that so easily besets you. If there is any HATE in you at all, even just a little bit, you will not be taken with Him, who is 100% LOVE. God is LOVE. Those who do not LOVE, do not have God.
Prophets in the last days are not to convince anyone of the Truth, they are only to present the Truth in a last attempt to get people to repent of their sins and cease from them. What i teach is LOVE ONE ANOTHER, and stop obeying the Lord's enemy the devil. And no matter how you try to teach that, it is going to come across as Harsh, to a generation who will refuse to hear it.

If it does come to that, it is not for our good that we deliver it, but for theirs. We do not hurt others to make ourselves feel better; we do not trash others to make ourselves look the more godly one. Wrong move.
And by you saying this to me, indicates that you think i have done this thing? Reread what i have said, i have not said anything to hurt YOU personally, i have not said anything to make myself FEEL better, and i do not believe i have trashed anything that you have said. What then, if i disagree with something that you said, that is trashing you? Trashing someone is to attack someone PERSONALLY, i have not said ANYTHING against YOU PERSONALLY, if you think i have then show it. if you don't show it, then you have falsely accused me.

..... . .. .. .. . . ..we do not trash others to make ourselves look the more godly one. Wrong move.
Is that what you THINK? That i have somehow tried to make myself look more GODLY? You don't know me at all. The Truth is, YOU THINK that i have shown myself to be more Godly then you, and it upset you.

What do i care if you think i am more or less Godly than you? i do not care what people think of me, nor does it bother me what they think of me. i have been called devil worshiper, evil, falsely accused continually. The only person i have to answer to is Jesus Christ. i need not to prove to you that i am more Godly than anyone else. ANYONE who thinks they are above another, is not fit for the Kingdom of Heaven. You merely saying the statement you did, is a witness against your own self that THAT is an issue with you. There are only two types of people in the world. Those who are on the wide and easy path that they THINK leads to Heaven, and those who are on the narrow and difficult path that actually does lead to Heaven. There is no MORE GODLY, you either are Godly or you are not Godly -One or the Other.

Love you

^i^ responding to post 185

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012

Since when is sarcasm, and/or mocking something to say "Amen" about? Do you think that which was said to me, was in love? Was it said to edify? Was it said to build me up? Was it said to encourage me? Or was it said in sarcasm to mock me?

^i^ responding to post #154
It was said to make a point!
At another's expense? Are you saying it was not sarcastic?

^i^ Responding to post 187

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
Dave you are trying to balance out contradictions.

Sorry, but i do not see any contradictions whatsoever.

You can't have it both ways.
According to man, your right. But not according to Scriptures.

You say a woman should not usurp the authority of a man
i don't say that, the Word of God teaches that plainly.

yet say you'd listen to a prophetess.
And where is it written in all of Scriptures that is wrong? Where does Scriptures say, you it is sinful to listen to a women? Where is it written that a man can't learn from women? Where? NOWHERE is that written. What then, if i being a man listen to a woman, i have committed sin? i have done something wrong? Was i wicked for doing so? Heavens no. There is NOTHING in Scriptures that forbids men listening to women, NOTHING. Now tell me. If i listen to a prophetess teaching things concerning what is to come, does that mean she has usurped authority over me? NO, NO, NO. Now if she TELLS ME to do this or to do that, that is entirely different, she then is trying to ursurp authority over the man, telling men what they should do or not do, that would be wrong because that is contrary to Scriptures. But if a prophetess has seen a vision from God what is to come, Acts of God, mark of the beast, antichrist, sure i will listen to her, because it is not from her but from God, and by revealing things to come, is in no way commanding me to do this or that, just because she reveals that which God showed her, is not usurping authority over a man. So sure i would listen to anyone who had a message from God, as long as that message is not contrary to any verse in all of Scriptures. So then just because i listen to a prophetess does NOT mean she is then usurping authority over me. So i do not see the contradiction that you are speaking of.

I understand why you are and what you are doing. You want to to be faithful to the text and I don't blame you, but you are trying to reconcile un-reconcilable text.
my calling is to teach what the Word of God says. i am not trying to Faithful to the text, i am merely teaching what the text plainly teaches that women are not to usurp authority over the man. And just because a man listens to a woman, does not mean, nor ever has meant, that because the man is listening to what the woman has to say, that somehow the woman now has authority over him? That is just plain silly. So just because i listen to Joyce Myers and have learned some things from her, does not mean in any way, shape, or form that she had any kind of authority over me. Again, i do not see any contradiction with the Word.

6i^ responding to post #192

Nov 19, 2012
Dave....when did you become a self-proclaimed prophet of God....?