The Biblical symbolism Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So I notice a whole lot of symbolism in the bible, and thought we could post them and their meaning in order to better understand them when we read the bible.
mine is eyes of fire, in a lot of my daydreams for some reason I have fiery eyes. sometimes these daydreams of fiery eyes get so strong it actually stuns me for a moment as if hit by brick. I found this odd so I looked up the biblical meaning of fire an eyes.

Fire: often times fire in the bible is literal but others it means God's Glory or presence.

Eyes: meaning spiritual insight

R

reject-tech

Here's what fire means to me -
Fire is what I feel when I know I messed up. When they said "hot", but I had to find out for myself.
After that, it's something that keeps me from messing up, and a tool under my power to keep me warm and fed.
After that, it becomes a tool for removing useless things.
After that, being able to walk in it means I can go places in my mind that were previously too scary to go.
Like talking fearlessly and honestly to God about things that most people think are a sin to even mention in His presence.

If I have eyes of fire, it means I am refining everything I see, trying to only let the useful stuff in.
When Jesus looked at John with eyes of fire, it was a wake up call as to how Jesus saw him.
It was letting John know that he had been tried by fire and found worthy to see the revelation. The feet of brass let John know that Jesus has mastery over fire. The places He goes in His mind are pure. Brass is something I make a tool out of, that I plan to be able to easily modify into another tool if I need to. Like beating a spoon into a spatula in 10 seconds flat, then back into a spoon tomorrow.

Baptized in fire means I am policing every single thought and action in my life, to make sure it can survive, and if not, to get rid of it. For example, the skin-head tattoo girl walking down the back road that nobody will stop and offer a ride just because of her appearance, fire made me go back and give her a ride, and it made me go 5 miles further than my destination on an empty tank to get her home. If I had not done it, that fire would still be burning and never be quenchable because I would always remember that I failed to help that person when I had the chance.

G

GreenNnice

There is certainly symbolism in Scripture in places, but, it's usually described as such in some way with literal interpretation.

Where one needs to be careful in their interpretation of verses as symbolic meaning and not literal meaning is where there is NO other verse(s) that back your contention that things didn't happen that way. We must TAKE all of Scripture, weigh MANY verses where many can be weighed IF we are to PROVE your symbolism in a given verse(s) of Scripture. Otherwise, you HAVE to take the verse at FACE WEIGHT :) , that is, WHAT IT SAYS ON THE PAGE ! :)

Take this verse set, for example, from 1 Thessalonians 4:
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
And, then the very next verse even reiterates that we are to ENCOURAGE each other with THESE words ! :)

Therefore, encourage one another with these words.
This verse adds weight to 1 Thess. 4:

And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment, 28so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

Last edited by a moderator: