the big bang

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

allaboutlove

Jun 11, 2013
Many people who dont belive in God will say this was how or universe got created the first problem i see with this is the bing bang theroy dosent say anything about creation... it says 13.8 billion years ago all the mattter in the universe was in a hot dence state that exploded out eventually forming the universe in the state it is now... but it dosent providre an explnation for how this matter originaly came to be or what state it was in before the bang..... also according to science matter can nether be created nor destroyed meaing ether all the matter has just always been or something beyond science created it... next ill point out the earth which happens to sit in the goldielock zone so it. can susbstain life.. i find it kinda hard to belive an explosan could just happen to do that not to mention all the other stuff this explosian just happend to do forming stars an planets an starting life.. i use to be athiest an i didnt even belive it then it sou ds way more unbelivable than God ever did.

R

richie_2uk

The first part of the bible explains before he even started to create the heavens and the earth. Genesis
1:2
" The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters."

So with that in mind, God was there when there was nothing. No life no stars, planets or the universe. There was void. totally nothing. I heard many people make claims that God Didn't created the earth. and the big bang was nothing to do with God. God is an all powerful being. I know it don't go to detail as how He created the earth, and planets that orbits, and the stars, and gravity and all the aspects of the universe. But that don't mean he Did not cause an affect for the big bang to take place.
It don't have to say something in his word, the bible to mean different.

I mean, if you were to transport yourself to the past to the time of Jesus. you try to explain what a car is to the people. you would have to use words that only they would hope to understand right? So the bible tells us everything we need to know, he has not kept anything secret. He has not left anything out or kept anything from you, or me or anyone.
When Jesus walked on water, calmed the storm, turned water into wine, he didn't go to detail as to how he did it, he just told us what he did. What Im trying to say is. yes there maybe a big bang or maybe not. that fact is, what ever you believe in or anyone believes in, we are created by an awesome powerful God. So why do people want more evidence? why do people want to go to more detail? Even if God did go right to detail, for one thing? would you understand? would the bible be bigger? would our brains comprehend it all? The fact is, we will never fully understand everything in the bible. So maybe leave your questions till the time of Jesus comes back? there is a saying, Only understand what your mind is capable of understanding.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

aww maaaan i thought this was gonna be about the Big Bang Theory show

BOOOOOOOOO!

R

richie_2uk

Sorry, Buzzinga! lol

May 12, 2013
The big bang theory only describes what happened a trillionth of a second after the universe "exploded". It's impossible to say what was before this because that's something we can never figure out.

And to that matter can't be destroyed stuff, it doesn't mean it was always there. It's like if i made clay and gave it to you, you can make it into a ball, flat, hard, soft, etc, but you can never really destroy it, it will just change forms. Basically, there was nothing and then there was something and that something can be put into many forms.

Also if you've heard of the heisenburg uncertainty principle, matter goes in and out of existance all the time.

A

amdg

Many people who dont belive in God will say this was how or universe got created the first problem i see with this is the bing bang theroy dosent say anything about creation... it says 13.8 billion years ago all the mattter in the universe was in a hot dence state that exploded out eventually forming the universe in the state it is now... but it dosent providre an explnation for how this matter originaly came to be or what state it was in before the bang..... also according to science matter can nether be created nor destroyed meaing ether all the matter has just always been or something beyond science created it... next ill point out the earth which happens to sit in the goldielock zone so it. can susbstain life.. i find it kinda hard to belive an explosan could just happen to do that not to mention all the other stuff this explosian just happend to do forming stars an planets an starting life.. i use to be athiest an i didnt even belive it then it sou ds way more unbelivable than God ever did.
So first off, scientists believe in the BBT because there is evidence for it such as the presence of cosmic background radiation. While it does not explain the origin of said matter, it doesn't have to. A scientific theory is in no way required to explain everything, just the particular issue it is concerned with, just like Mendel had no explanation for how heredity worked. As far as atheism/theism goes, the argument is not that the BBT does away with God (in fact the BBT was first made by a Catholic Priest), it is that there is no evidence for God's existence in the first place (playing Devil's advocate here for the record). For your last point what you have there is the anthropomorphic principle which is simply, if we didn't live on a planet capable of supporting life, then we wouldn't know it. As such, the possible rarity of our planet is not really an issue.