The bittersweet world of mental health online

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 27, 2013
The bittersweet world of mental health online - BBC News

A new film executive-produced by Kim Kardashian examines social media and mental health, but being a mentally ill person who's active online can be a bittersweet experience, says Charlotte Walker who has bipolar disorder.

Until a few years ago I never dreamed that a supportive community existed on the net. I used social media in a light-hearted way, keeping in touch with friends on Facebook and I chatted about books and TV on Twitter. But in 2011 after having a devastating bipolar episode, I began blogging as a way to process my feelings. I created a new Twitter account to promote the blog but over time it became an important connection to the mental health community for me.

As Kardashian says, loneliness and isolation are major issues for people with mental health problems. Many people who I follow on social media are housebound by conditions like depression, obsessive compulsive disorder or anxiety. Others have partners and friends yet, despite this, don't get the level of support they sometimes need. Well-meaning loved-ones can inadvertently belittle people's difficulties, expect an instant recovery or simply not know how to respond. Social media can help to fill that gap.

this news report give two links to
Black Dog Tribe's and Elefriends. , i have no idea if they will help anyone with a mental health problem. but have checked the links and are working.

your not alone , others also have mental health problems. so it up to you , if you feel like talking about it, with others, that understand the problems, ie the two links in the report. or on here, we can try to be more aware there is a problem in these areas. etc

Jan 27, 2013
Mental health spending cuts forecast - BBC News
Mental health spending cuts forecast - BBC News

Mental health trusts in England are forecasting significant cuts to their funding over the next four years, figures seen by the BBC suggest.
Data from three-quarters of trusts shows from 2014-15 to 2018-19 income is expected to fall by 8% in real terms.

Investing more in mental health has been mentioned by the Conservatives, Labour, the Liberal Democrats, the Greens and UKIP during the election campaign.