the blessing nobody wants, is it necessary for spiritual growth?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? 8 If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. 9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! 10 They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. 11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

12 Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 13 “Make level paths for your feet,”[b] so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.

What do you think of Paul's exercise regimen to build work for the Lord and your walk for him? What do you think might be the hardest exercise the Lord calls you to> Mine is bearing the burden of those who believe they have all doctrinal truth. Often the worse their doctrine the more convinced they are they are correct. I know there are those who think likewise about me. I can't get over the teaching that we war because of our own sinful nature. That's tough to have to look in the mirror of Scripture and see myself in that light. Lord help me to keep my move should when it should be and only to open when I have something to edify your offer sheep. In His Holy Name I ask these yhinks. Amrn

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
What do you think of Paul's exercise regimen to build work for the Lord and your walk for him? What do you think might be the hardest exercise the Lord calls you to> Mine is bearing the burden of those who believe they have all doctrinal truth. Often the worse their doctrine the more convinced they are they are correct. I know there are those who think likewise about me. I can't get over the teaching that we war because of our own sinful nature. That's tough to have to look in the mirror of Scripture and see myself in that light. Lord help me to keep my move should when it should be and only to open when I have something to edify your offer sheep. In His Holy Name I ask these yhinks. Amrn
"What do you think might be the hardest exercise the Lord calls you to> Mine is bearing the burden of those who believe they have all doctrinal truth."

If you're biggest burden has been encountering some people who disagree with you about stuff...
you've had a charmed life.

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
"What do you think might be the hardest exercise the Lord calls you to> Mine is bearing the burden of those who believe they have all doctrinal truth."

If you're biggest burden has been encountering some people who disagree with you about stuff...

Ever read the list of things Paul went through believe me there is no doubt I have had a charmed life. Don't know I have met you before glad we have hooked up for part of the journey. I am not just speaking about disagreeing with each other. I have had and am going through it again where a bunch of folks on another site have banded together to attack me. They have comomplained to the site boss that I have flamed them and continue to do so. It is much more than mere disagreement. But Paul tells us the Lord knows that no trial is pleasant while we go through it but if we allow the Lord to do what needs to be done He will bring out a harvest of righteousness. I keep trying not make a mess that the trial may stink but my Husband has some really sweet because I went through it. Pretty good deal IMHO.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I have had and am going through it again where a bunch of folks on another site have banded together to attack me. They have comomplained to the site boss that I have flamed them and continue to do so. It is much more than mere disagreement. But Paul tells us the Lord knows that no trial is pleasant while we go through it but if we allow the Lord to do what needs to be done He will bring out a harvest of righteousness. I keep trying not make a mess that the trial may stink but my Husband has some really sweet because I went through it. Pretty good deal IMHO.

This is what people jokingly refer to as "first world problems."

-- We have people on this site, right now, that are in literal fear for their lives, because they live in a country of severe Christian persecution.

-- We have people on this site in 3rd world countries where they wake up daily without food... but they'd never burden us by talking about that.

-- We have people here battling cancer, and battling mental illness, and grieving for the loss of spouses and children.

If the worst thing in my life is that someone disagrees with me on doctrine,
or someone is trying to run me off an internet forum...
I am happy and blessed.

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
This is what people jokingly refer to as "first world problems."

-- We have people on this site, right now, that are in literal fear for their lives, because they live in a country of severe Christian persecution.

-- We have people on this site in 3rd world countries where they wake up daily without food... but they'd never burden us by talking about that.

-- We have people here battling cancer, and battling mental illness, and grieving for the loss of spouses and children.

If the worst thing in my life is that someone disagrees with me on doctrine,
or someone is trying to run me off an internet forum...
I am happy and blessed.

I am for you as well. You seem like you are spoiling for a fight and I won’t be your dance partner. There is only one. Judge and He has never asked us to be prosecutors. In fact He says what business is of yours when another mans servant does wrong.i am very sorry but I have seen nothing in your post that indicates your being happy. Would you like prayer? Something else?i pray for the Comforter to come to you and refresh you?

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
Are you saying you have a ministry to these suffering people? I pray you do. Please tell me what you do. Do you support people with donations? Do you belong to any of the services that clean and so forth the terminally Ills homes? Deliever meals for meals on wheels? Serve in a food bank. Work with people who have a few months or less to live? What is it you do. I know some VietNam veterans and one of the biggest things for them are all these people whose support the defense of this country by slapping a flag on their car or truck and ride of cloaked in the appearance of patriotism never doing more than that. Do they invite any service men to their house for some fellowship especially on Holidays? The lists for these types of things goes on and many in the Christian community manage to miss most if not all of them. I am approaching 70 years old and my physically active service has sadly come to an end after four back surgeries and other things. In my day I volunteered in many ministries. I served Aids patients when most Christians turned their back on serving them. I served in End of Life ministry. Food banks. I know how critically under staffed, under funded, and under fill in the blank and remain under fill in the blank while the majority of the Church remains on the sideline.