The Dangers and Errors of the Emergent Church Movement

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
So there we have it folks another repetitive lengthy post which goes a bit off topic, along with the King James is perfect mantra, all in order to justify that the word Lieutenant is the better and more correct word than Satrap,

This is despite that everyone can look up themsleves in Strongs the translated word, which is the following. Chosenbyhim lists the other 3 useaegs of the word in the King James, but they are all also obviously wrong.

Strong's Number: 0323
Original Word Word Origin !prdXxa of Persian derivation
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry 'achashdarpan TWOT - 69
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech kh-ash-dar-pan' Noun Masculine
Definition satrap, a governor of a Persian province

King James Word Usage - Total: 4

lieutenants 4Sure the passage reads fine in King James, but its not accurate, the NIV is more accurate, Again I will post the two you can compare side by side, along with my translation!

King James.
And they delivered the king's commissions unto the king's lieutenants, and to the governors on this side the river: and they furthered the people, and the house of God.

NIV
[SUP]36 [/SUP]They also delivered the king’s orders to the royal satraps and to the governors of Trans-Euphrates, who then gave assistance to the people and to the house of God.

My Translation
They also delivered the king’s orders to the royal Governors of Persia and to the governors of Trans-Euphrates, who then gave assistance to the people and to the house of God.

So again I ask, why are these other version so bad that the King James Only Cult have to argue against them? What is it that is so evil about these versions of this verse that has cult members such as Chosenbyhim, resorting to post pages of confusing drivel to try and tell us that we should be using the King James version which says Lieutenants and reject the evil versions which list the correct translation of Satrap ?
well Agricola, I see that you totally overlooked and ignored the error which I pointed out in Mark 1:2 in the NIV, and there are many other errors in the NIV, that was only one that I showed you.

And as for the translation and rendering of lieutenants as the King James Bible has it rendered in all four of the verses which I listed earlier is fine and very accurate.

If you want to stick with the modern versions rendering of satrap, then go ahead but don't be complaining and critiquing the perfectly fine and accurate translation of lieutenants as found in the Authorized Version.

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
We are not discussing any other verses, pulling in Mark 1:2 and deviating shows how desperate you are by having to scramble around trying to justify your cults claims. I could also bring in numerous other verses in King James which are poorly translated which have been corrected and put right by NIV and New King James etc.

You have to say Lieutenants are accurate, if you dont you have to then admit the King James is wrong, so you will never concede this fact.

Nice try to turn this back on me, I simply started this exercise by criticising your cults claims that NIV and just about every other version of the Bible is wrong to mention Satrap and explained why.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
We are not discussing any other verses, pulling in Mark 1:2 and deviating shows how desperate you are by having to scramble around trying to justify your cults claims. I could also bring in numerous other verses in King James which are poorly translated which have been corrected and put right by NIV and New King James etc.

You have to say Lieutenants are accurate, if you dont you have to then admit the King James is wrong, so you will never concede this fact.

Nice try to turn this back on me, I simply started this exercise by criticising your cults claims that NIV and just about every other version of the Bible is wrong to mention Satrap and explained why.
Yes the rendering of Lieutenants as the King James Bible has it rendered in Ezra 8:36 and the other three passages is accurate and correct. There are no errors in the Authorized Version. Not one.

God's perfect, pure and inerrant word cannot and does not have any errors in it. God cannot lie (see Titus 1:2).

And yes I am turning this back on you because you are the one who is attacking and critiquing the rendering of lieutenants as found in the Authorized Version.

Oct 31, 2011
This entire thread is ridiculous. All this space taken up with the words of men and books being printed. And then there is Martin Luther in big blue letters. He was a wonderful man used by God and did wonders for the world, but he also advocated killing men if they were Jews who taught about God without teaching the Christ they knew came in the flesh. He was a Christian advocating killing men. If this was a thread saying men are not to be followed we would be getting somewhere.

A thread would be good exposing some of the lies that some of our churches teach like if we try to obey law we are denying Christ, or the New Testament is good to live by but the Old Testament has a lot of questionable teachings in it, or that in Christ we have a new God when the bible says He was from the beginning.

I have even seen some who say they know God came to them and authorized the KJV interpretation of scripture so we should toss out any other. I wonder if they allow the study of Hebrew and Greek.

People have been misinterpreting scripture for thousands of years. Look what the Jews did to scripture before Christ came! It is time we listened to scripture instead of using our logic that has always gotten us in trouble.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
KJ debate aside, in that video 'Fill-us Pick-kill' aka Phyllis Pickle was quite a witch (a female warlock, a master mincer of words). Just because she goes around dribbling in her mind the question 'what is,is?' does not mean she has to carry her confusion into the area of theology proclaiming 'sola scriptura' /scripture alone has no longer any authority. This claim is simply ridiculous and satanic as if God's Word is impotent and needs a pope or a Fill-us Kill-us to step into the authority gap supposedly created.
These EC types are nothing but old Liberalism cloaked in ancient forms and incense. Putrid.

Jan 24, 2012
*Says Rob Bell is part of a heretical movement*

*can't cite anything heretical from Rob Bell*

jandian

Feb 12, 2011
The bible tells us we are living in a time of great deceit, it is recommended that we be very cautious with what we label Christianity. I think additional literature is sometimes helpful. But I'm sorry, if additional literature doesn't line up with scripture; it is to be rejected.