The dating scene

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
When it comes to entering the dating scene, I know it must be in the Lord's hands. I know I want the lord's blessings before making any type of move. I have came up with some questions, please feel free to answer them even if you are not single yourself. Keep it nice and friendly please 😊, thank you in advanced.

1) does this day and age hinder you from wanting to try to date?

2)if you were or are attending a church that didn't have anyone in your age range or anyone not single, where would you go to seek a potential spouse?

3) would you try dating even if you weren't sure if the lord had this in his will for you?

4) would you date if you had a giant in your life that needed to be addressed?

5) would you date someone with a giant in their life?

Side note- a giant as in battling a sin that could be effective towards your relationship if not tackled.

6) would you date someone who recently received their salvation?

7) if you met someone who went to a similar church but not the same church you attended, would they eventually need to be attending the same church as you?

8) would you date someone your pastor said was not a good idea?

These questions are to see where you may stand. I'd like to hear what others think. These questions are for fun and to help get to know one another. Please be kind and not get offended by others answers. Thank you, God bless ❤️

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
"Beats me" to all of them. I've never gone out looking for a date, and I am too indolent to start now.

8 is "beats me" for another reason. It would depend on the specific reason my pastor cited.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
1) Yes I think current dating culture encourages us to see other people as consumer goods we're shopping for. Since I don't want to think of people like that, it has discouraged me from jumping in the dating pool. Also there's the change in culture that makes marriage much more optional for a good life than it used to be culturally.

2) I might see if another church has a singles fellowship or study. Or just get involved in stuff I'm interested in the community (volunteering, classes, etc.). Even if there's no one to date there, you have people to interact with.

3) Yes, if it were something I wanted I would pursue it unless/until God gave a clear no.

4) Depends on what that giant is and whether dating is likely to motivate me to tackle it without harming the other person.

5) same as 4

6) if they already had a solid history of good character and integrity yes.

7) Once things got pretty serious, yes I'd want to discuss attending the same church.

8). I'd want an explanation for why he thinks that. And if I were being smart I'd take his perspective into consideration.

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
"Beats me" to all of them. I've never gone out looking for a date, and I am too indolent to start now.

8 is "beats me" for another reason. It would depend on the specific reason my pastor cited.
Ummm thank you for your answers 😊. Hopefully you answered honestly lol.

Talljake

Jul 17, 2022
1) Yes I think current dating culture encourages us to see other people as consumer goods we're shopping for. Since I don't want to think of people like that, it has discouraged me from jumping in the dating pool. Also there's the change in culture that makes marriage much more optional for a good life than it used to be culturally.

2) I might see if another church has a singles fellowship or study. Or just get involved in stuff I'm interested in the community (volunteering, classes, etc.). Even if there's no one to date there, you have people to interact with.

3) Yes, if it were something I wanted I would pursue it unless/until God gave a clear no.

4) Depends on what that giant is and whether dating is likely to motivate me to tackle it without harming the other person.

5) same as 4

6) if they already had a solid history of good character and integrity yes.

7) Once things got pretty serious, yes I'd want to discuss attending the same church.

8). I'd want an explanation for why he thinks that. And if I were being smart I'd take his perspective into consideration.

Thank you for taking the time to answer 😊

Mosie

May 30, 2022
When it comes to entering the dating scene, I know it must be in the Lord's hands. I know I want the lord's blessings before making any type of move. I have came up with some questions, please feel free to answer them even if you are not single yourself. Keep it nice and friendly please 😊, thank you in advanced.

ANSWER: YES FOR SURE, PARTYLY BECAUSE WE LIVE IN A FALLED WORLD, PARTLY BECAUSE I THINK TIME IS SHORT AND JESUS IS COMING BACK SOON...

2)if you were or are attending a church that didn't have anyone in your age range or anyone not single, where would you go to seek a potential spouse?
ANSWER: I WOULD PRAY AND ASK GOD WHERE I CAN GO, I WOULD MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOME SOLID CHRISTIAN FRIENDS YOU CAN LEAN ON AND YOU CAN BOUNCE IDEAS OFF OF...I WOULD HAVE A CLEAR SET OF NO-COMPROMISE ITEMS FOR ANYONE I WOULD MEET, ASK THE HOLY SPIRIT TO HELP YOU DISERN WHO CAN BE A CHRISTIAN FRIEND, OR A POTENTIAL SPOUSE/LIFE PARTNER. I MEET ALOT OF PEOPLE BUT I'M LEARNING TO LISTEN TO GOD BECAUSE HE KNOWS THEIR HEART...IT 'S LIKE YOU HAVE TO SORT THROUGH THEM.
IF I WAS A GUY, I WOULD JOIN A SEWING OR QUILTING CLUB....IF NO ONE THERE IS FOR YOU, THEY ALL HAVE BIG FAMILIES AND KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE....DO YOU SEE WHAT I'M GETTING AT ??? DO SOME HOBBIES AND MEET AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN.

3) would you try dating even if you weren't sure if the lord had this in his will for you?
ANSWER: I WOULD PRAY AND PRAY UNTIL YOU HEARD CLEARLY FROM THE LORD, AND READ YOUR BIBLE. IF YOU FEEL LIKE, YES, YOU ARE TO BE MARRIED, I WOULD LOOK AT EXAMPLES IN THE BIBLE, LIKE BOAZ (AND RUTH), AND PREPARE FOR A GODLY WIFE...JUST LIKE BOAZ DID. PREPARE YOURSELF TO BE A GOOD HUSBAND.

ANSWER: DEPENDS WHAT IT IS, GOOD TO BE AWARE AND KNOW YOURSELF. AGAIN, ASK GOD AND YOUR CHRISTIAN FRIENDS THEIR OPINION....NOT ENOUGH INFORMATION

ANSWER: BY GIANT, I'M THINKING YOU MEAN LIKE AN ALCOHOL ADDICTION...NO I WOULD NOT. I MIGHT KEEP THEM AS A DISTANT FRIEND AND PRAY FOR THEM.

Side note- a giant as in battling a sin that could be effective towards your relationship if not tackled.

ANSWER: DEPENDS IF YOU ARE A BABY CHRISTIAN YOURSELF...ME, NO, I'VE BEEN WALKING TOO LONG WITH THE LORD AND IT WOULD TAKE THEM TOO LONG TO CATCH UP AND YOU WOULD HAVE TROUBLE RELATING TO THEM AND THEM TO YOU. YOU COULDN'T REALLY LEAN ON THEM.

7) if you met someone who went to a similar church but not the same church you attended, would they eventually need to be attending the same church as you?
ANSWER; ASSUMING YOU ARE DATING BIBLICALLY, LIKE FOR A YEAR OR TWO, I WOULD CROSS THAT BRIDGE AFTER YOU WERE ENGAGED...AND VERY SERIOUS. BUT EVENTUALLY IF YOU ARE TO BE MARRIED, I WOULD SAY YES, YOU NEED TO BE AT THE SAME CHURCH...BUT THERE'S NO HARM IF YOU WANT TO GO TO A BIBLE STUDY AT ANOTHER CHURCH.

ANSWER: DEPENDS HOW MUCH YOU TRUST YOUR PASTOR, I'LL ASSUME YOU HAVE A GOOD TRUSTWORTHLY PASTOR, I WOULD TAKE MY PASTORS ADVICE, HE IS YOUR SPIRITUAL COVERING AND FATHER,

These questions are to see where you may stand. I'd like to hear what others think. These questions are for fun and to help get to know one another. Please be kind and not get offended by others answers. Thank you, God bless ❤️

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Ummm thank you for your answers 😊. Hopefully you answered honestly lol.
Hopefully? Lol. It may have been better for me if my answer had not been truthful.

As Sherlock once said, about some things I can be the laziest man who ever stood in shoe leather. I'm still single because I just never have bothered trying to find a woman, and I'm not about to start looking now.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018

well considering people have been saying its gonna be the end of the world since I was born well why bother

school lol

everyone tries dating at least once.

what giant. Where does this giant live. I have dwarves.

if ther giant came along, they could date my dwarf

oh now you exaplain it. Plead the Blood of Jesus on that one

They probably have way more important things on their mind!

could take turns but theres this thing called evening services most churches have more than one service so you could go to one in morning and one in the evening why not. Or even zoom. whatever.

your pastor could be saying the same thing about you.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
well considering people have been saying its gonna be the end of the world since I was born well why bother
There is also that, yes. With all the professional doomsayers we have... Well shoot, why bother building something that will get wiped out next week?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Talljake I can imagine you taking a date up to Scenic Drive to watch a sunset.
I just warn you that sometimes Scenic Drive has roadblocks and potholes. When coming back after dark remember to keep your lights on. Also, wear seatbelts.