The Death or Atonement of Christ: What did it REALLY ACHIEVE ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 22, 2014
Please review the points of the post with me instead of evading them !

Since when has telling what the Atonement achieved, Been invading the post??
Since when has telling what the Atonement achieved, Not been reviewing the post??

Jan 21, 2013
Since when has telling what the Atonement achieved, Been invading the post??
Since when has telling what the Atonement achieved, Not been reviewing the post??
Please review the points of the post with me instead of evading them !

Jan 21, 2013
Christ's One Offering Sanctified forever those He died for !

So because Christ's Death alone has once and for all sanctified or set apart for God's Purpose all those he died for, as an evidence of that Truth, the Spirit of God gives New Life unto all of them unto Gospel Obedience or Belief of the Truth, or its called Sanctification of the Spirit unto belief of the Truth. This also answers the Redeemers prayer for all whom He died Jn 17:17-20

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit,unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

The prep eis unto can mean into, so it could read:

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit,into obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Now this sanctifying work of the Spirit unto Gospel obedience, is the FRUIT of Christ's Death, His One offering of Heb 10:10 ! All Persons Christ died for are automatically Sanctified [once and for all] by the Divine Purpose, even before actual childbirth as sinners, even as Jeremiah was Jer 1:5

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Yet, this did not mean that Jeremiah would not still be born a sinner, a child of wrath by nature as others, and not needing to be born again, but all that would occur by the Divine Purpose in due time so that he could fulfill his call as a prophet. However in God's Purpose, Jeremiah was always sanctified and set apart for God's Holy Purpose, his being born a sinner could not thwart that Purpose, neither for any other person Christ died for and set them apart for God's Holy Purpose in the Body of Christ. It is simply impossible for anyone Christ died for to not in time be sanctified by the Spirits Work unto obedience so they can perform the works God hath already ordained before that they should walk in Eph 2:8-10

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.147

Jan 21, 2013
The forgiveness of sins !

Acts 13:38

Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

The word preached here is the greek word kataggellō and means:

to announce, declare, promulgate, make known

2) to proclaim publicly, publish

3) to denounce, report, betray

The word conveys the idea of making something known ! What is being made known or declared, or published to some is that they have by the grace of God, and through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, they have the forgiveness of all their sins ! Eph 1:7

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

This is not an offer of forgiveness of sins that is contingent upon any conditions of men, not faith, not repentance, not water baptism, but solely upon the Blood of Christ shed on their behalf, the blood of the Covenant Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

The remission of sins is the same as the forgiveness of sins !

All those whom Christ died for, shed His Blood for have before the Justice of God, and His Holy Law, they have forgiveness of sins before they are even born into this world as sinners ! It has not been made known to them until they are born again from above and the Gospel of their Salvation is preached unto them !148

Jan 21, 2013
It redeemed those He died for from Unbelief !

By the Cross of Christ, allfor whom He died, He redeemed them from unbelief, for unbelief is nothing but aprison for sin. God imprisoned the Elect who sinned in Adam to unbelief, that’swhat is stated here Rom 11:32

[SUP]32 [/SUP]For God hath concluded themall in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

This word concluded in the greek is sugkleió and means:

I enclose, shut in, make subject to, to shut together, i.e. enclose
to shut up on all sides, shut up completely;τινα εἰς τινα or τί, so to deliver one up to the power of a person or thing that he is completely shut in, as it were, without means of escape:

Now by nature, because ofsin, all God’s People are delivered to the power of satan and by that unbelief.For proof of this we read 2 Cor 4:3-4

[SUP]3 [/SUP]But if our gospel be hid, itis hid to them that are lost:

[SUP]4 [/SUP]In whom the god of this world hath blinded the mindsof them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Believe not or unbelief, they’re the same, and its satans power granted by God , to hold all men by nature in unbelief. Jesus gives one of the reasons why men do not believe and be saved here Luke 8:12

[SUP]12 [/SUP]Those by the way side arethey that hear; then cometh the devil,and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

So unbelief is the result of Satan’s, the devils power prevailing over its victim and prisoner !

But by the Cross, all for whom Christ died, it redeems them from Satan’s prison of unbelief 1 Pet 1:18

Forasmuch as ye know that yewere not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received bytradition from your fathers which was in unbelief;

Remember Paul said that in his former conversation as a religous Pharisee, how that he persecuted the Church of God ? He stated that he did it ignorantly in unbelief 1 Tim 1:13

[SUP]13 [/SUP]Who was before a blasphemer,and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

Remember that was his former conversation or manner of life Gal 1:13

For ye have heard of my conversationin time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

At that time he was in unbelief, but the blood of Christ redeems from that manner of life ! Now the word for redeemed in 1 Pet 1:18 is the greek word lutroó :

I release on receipt of ransom; mid: I redeem, release by paying ransom, liberate.

Those whom the blood was shed in behalf of are released, liberated from satans prison of unbelief,

So to say that one Christ died for can possibly die in their sins in unbelief Jn 8:24, it is to admit failure and defeat to the Redeeming Blood of Christ, it is to give the victory to the devil over Christ’s Cross, its saying that Christ’s Cross Work could not and did not save from that manner of life of unbelief and ignorance as it did Paul 1 Tim 1:13, and that is utter blasphemy and antichrist !

2Thewaters

What did chists death on cross achieve?

The victory over lying satan who told the World that the father God was a big shot that expected everyone to work for him and worship him while he scrutinized everyone not being good so he could kill them! This put fear into the universe afraid t make a wrong move cause God will strike him with lightning!

when you put peole in this state of mind there is no love!

so love was destroyed and the universe was in fear of God now for they even saw that he threw satan out of heaven what a bully! says satan!
hes so MEAN TO ME! I DID NOTHING WRONG!

(Satan is a liar and the father of it)
So God let him accuse and came down and lived as a man to show what he was really like

self sacrificing kind and loving looking to save everyone not kill them

why the disciples said SEND LIGHTNING ON THOSE JERKS! THE EMBARASSED US! SONT THEY KNOW WE ARE IMPORTANT>?!

But Jesus said
calm down I came to save men not hit them with lightening

so when JEsus died on the cross because he would rather suffer and die than yell at people and accuse them, then the univers saw that
satan is a A-hole.

thats what the death on the cross accomplished
we now know satan is a jerk evil wicked disgusting liar who even now tries to tell people that God will GET them if they dont follow him and burn him in hell for eternity forever and ever and ever

what an a-hole

God is no sadist.
The wicked will perish by their own choice and their own deseases and their own nuclear radiation that THEY will cause because they are selfish little twits and dont follow the law of God.

and God will protect his people until the wicked are all dead, and then he will take the ones who love him to be with him

he will not burn the wicked for eternity! what an a-hole satan is.

Jan 21, 2013
The forgiveness of sins !

There was Legal forgiveness of the sins of the elect before the world began because of the Everlasting Covenant of Grace, when Christ was established as the Surety of the Elect or of the Sheep, and therefore no sin of theirs could be legally imputed to their Charge, but unto the charge of their Surety, so the Elect were forgiven of all Trespasses, before they actually Trespassed in Adam! When they Trespaased in Adam, God could not legally charge them with sin. David understood this Transaction and wrote Ps 32:1-2

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.150