The Declining American Church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BishopSEH

Today I began a program to try and boost fellowship and evangelism. The Churches under my direct charge are already one board and it is already bearing fruit. The next step was to begin going to other Churches in my locale and to try to get them on board. The concept, to the best my research, has never been done. That's not to say it hasn't but thus far I have found no examples.

So what is the concept? As all of you know there are many businesses out there were people represent a large company as independent contractors. Avon, Scentsy come to mind right away. Everyone has heard of Avon and Scentsy is a fast growing company of the same kind, though different product. Both these companies have good, solid products so the reputation is without question. I would not recommend something like Amway for such a venture in part do to its bad reputation.

So then, companies like Avon and Scentsy work by getting people to come together in a small group. The contractor gives a short presentation and from there on in you enjoy each others company, sample the product and take orders. So far, its strait up business, right? Here is the thing. Most people would rather come to a party than church. You can fairly easily get an unchurched person to come to an event like the ones done by Avon and Scentsy than you can get them to come to church.

So far a lot of info but how does this relate to evangelism? Simple, once you have your core group of believers, they invite their unchurched friends to a product party. They are exposed to believers in a non-threatening environment and the activity is fun. The odds are in favor that they will order something. If the contractor takes the direct orders the order comes to the contractor first. The contractor then gets the core group together, sort the orders, dress them up and then, here is the evangelism part. Because it is many people the group can invest in Bible tracts or pocket gospels or even church materials for events coming up. The Church I selected to begin with has an easter event where 2 time grammy winner Matt Redman will be performing. How simple would it be to add an invite to come and hear someone you would normally pay $50 or more per ticket to see.

What's more this doesn't just bring people to specific churches but to any church willing to provide materials. Its non-threatening and what is more, those that have a hard time doing something as simple as handing out bible tracts, let alone doing more traditional forms of witnessing, its safe and easy. Now one of the great things is the day the orders come in is just like Christmas morning for a little kid. Few can wait till they get home to tear into what they got. Everyone sees what you got and you see what they got and now maybe you want more and they want more and they had fun and will. more often than not, want to experience it again and will often offer to host a party themselves.

This compounds the fellowship experience as more and people get involved. It also increases the number of people you can reach because each new face has friends outside the core circle. Further as God commands 10% of the first fruits 5% goes to the church of the host and 5% to the church of the contractor, that's 10% to God and two churches receive an increase to use for continued outreach.

This is definitely unorthodox. It is innovative. It is different. As believers we are to bring God into all aspects of our life and to do everything to bring honor and glory to him. So why not business? For better or worst Church is a business. Our "boss" is God and our target demographic is the lost. Our employees are those that have been saved and trained. So why not use businesses that are traditionally not associated with the church but run by and supported be believers?

Please everyone share what you think and share your ideas as well. Our churches dearly need a fire lit under them before the lost end up in the fires no one can escape.

In Christ,

Bishop SEH

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The declining American Church? Maybe partially due to man made techniques and programs?

Zechariah 4:6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of Jehovah unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, saith Jehovah of hosts.

Just my take.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Just wondering where the Holy Spirit and prayer figure into this program?

I was also thinking that Alpha is similar to this, minus the music stars. An attractional model has proved to be unsuccessful in our generation, and I do not think scaling it down will help.

None-the-less, I admire your passion to reach the lost for Christ, and I hope you will report back if your idea bears fruit. I know you cannot put God in a box, and if God blesses this project, I would be thrilled to hear of the harvest.

B

BishopSEH

The declining American Church? Maybe partially due to man made techniques and programs?

Zechariah 4:6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of Jehovah unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, saith Jehovah of hosts.

Just my take.
Yes, the declining American Church. In the Great Commission, the Lord commanded us to Go and make disciples. He Told us to preach the Gospel. He did not give us any limitations as long as it doesn't violate His moral law. This concept clear does not do that.

Do you believe that the Holy Spirit can work through a business? Do you think that the Holy Spirit can use a product to advance the Kingdom through God's people? I do. Like most clergy and i would go as far as to say, the majority of believers have a heart to see the lost come to salvation.

The difference is, most churches and para-church organization claim they will do anything to bring in the lost, but they just keep doing the same old thing. Let's go out and evangelize!!! Great, how? What of those that are shy or scared or have a stutter and it takes them 5 minutes to say hi. What about them? What about little kids or those that are house bound due to age or disability? What of those that have kids and do not want to place them in a situation where and aggressive non-believer could do them harm? What about those?

Using a business is not the same as strong arming an adversary. Using a business is not the same as a government making laws that outlaw or restrict expressions of faith such as being made in the nation. There are literally millions of businesses in this world. For the sake of argument lets say there is exactly 1 million businesses in this world. If each business brought in just 1 lost person that is 1 million people that will never have to fear hell or the wraith of God on judgment day.

There was a time when those that claimed Christ in this nation was over 80%. Today we are getting dangerously close to 50%. Once we, as a nation dip below 50% it is game over for the America. We will become just like all the other secular, humanists nations in the world. If its been tried before, try it again. If it hasn't been tried, as long as it doesn't violate God's moral law, TRY IT? If it brings in just one person then well done good and faithful servant.

In Christ,

Bishop SEH

B

BishopSEH

Just wondering where the Holy Spirit and prayer figure into this program?

I was also thinking that Alpha is similar to this, minus the music stars. An attractional model has proved to be unsuccessful in our generation, and I do not think scaling it down will help.

None-the-less, I admire your passion to reach the lost for Christ, and I hope you will report back if your idea bears fruit. I know you cannot put God in a box, and if God blesses this project, I would be thrilled to hear of the harvest.
Good question. The Holy Spirit is essential to any evangelical venture. As to prayer, do you remember I spoke of a core group? Do you really think that prayer for the Lord's guidance and wisdom and help would be lacking? On the contrary, prayer is a centerpiece of the evangelist. Who, being saved by the blood of Christ, would neglect to invite Him? Perhaps because I was speaking primarily to believers I didn't think that I had to state what to me is obvious.

Remember the goal is fellowship with believers in an evangelical outreach. To combine and come together to reach the lost and unchurched. As to this "Alpha" I have no idea what your talking about but I would love to know if you happen to know of a site where I could get information about them. Perhaps by studying a venture that apparently did not succeed as well as the founders hoped, I and those involved in this idea can avoid some of their pitfalls.

The simple fact is we have to do something to reverse this trend. I know a lot of Pastors who are ripping their hair out because they have congregations that want to get involved but want their Pastors to find a way to use their talents instead of grabbing the bull by the horns and just doing it. The folks in the venture brought it to me but they are intimidated by asking other churches to get involved. Let's face it, the Church is not exactly know for playing well with others even of their own. So I offered to talk to some Pastors I meet with regularly on their behalf. Some have been positive, some are taking a wait and see view but most are too timid to step outside their boxes of tradition. The funny thing is, most of them have congregations on the decline.

To everyone: Its fine to poke holes. Even critical thinking has its place but don't forget the other half. To share your ideas to reach the lost. Take a chance, let people poke some holes in your concepts and perhaps together we can come up with something that works for many to bring in even more.

In Christ,

Bishop SEH

A

Ariel82

Personally I find it unsettling to consider selling the Gospel as a "product" and this whole "business" model approach does not seem right to me.

what activity would you have that unbelievers would consider "fun" ?

I believe God is not about the quantity of followers but the quality.

I'd rather have a group of believers get together for a in depth Bible study and then perhaps throw a block party, organize a charity dinner, or help host a youth music concert or Christian puppet show that invites the whole community.

I don't believe in having people "buy" products but in giving away for free what God has given us. His love and attention.

the think the decline in the American church is due to people wanting to be entertained and skimming the surface instead of developing deep mentoring relationships with one another in church. The decline is thinking only the pastor needs to read the Bible and everyone else can just follow after the pastor. the decline is due to the focus being on everything and everyone except for JESUS CHRIST and sharing God's love with others.

I could see your idea working with a group of believers buying merchandise to give away as a witnessing tool for the community or for Christmas for their loved ones.

however, I can see many unbelievers feeling like they had been tricked into walking into a sells pitch. kind of like the time share people who promise free things just to listen to their spiel. or the JW who invite people to a "community picnic" but end up preaching their doctrines to others during that time.

I think it would be better if you had some people go door to door to invite people for a block party, but instead of trying to preach to them just play christian music in the background and spend the time actually building relationships with your neighbors. then discuss how to make the neighborhood more friendly, etc.

over time as you build those relationships and if you live your life unashamed of being Christians, those people will learn of your faith. be there for them when they go through tough times, do things unselfishly expecting nothing in return. be a good neighbor.

when someone asks how you are doing, tell them about the Bible verses you are thinking of at that time.

I think that will do more than trying to "sell" a "product" at a house party.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
It's just me, I am not one to make the Gospel palatable so it doesn't offend, or use switch and bait techniques. I guess I'm old fashion.

1 Corinthians 1:22-25 Seeing that Jews ask for signs, and Greeks seek after wisdom:but we preach Christ crucified, unto Jews a stumblingblock, and unto Gentiles foolishness;
but unto them that are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
Yes, the declining American Church. In the Great Commission, the Lord commanded us to Go an make disciples. He Told us to preach the Gospel. He did not give us any limitations as long as it doesn't violate His moral law. This concept clear does not do that.

Do you believe that the Holy Spirit can work through a business? Do you think that the Holy Spirit can use a product to advance the Kingdom through God's people? I do. Like most clergy and i would go as far as to say, the majority of believers have a heart to see the lost come to salvation.

The difference is, most churches and para-church organization claim they will do anything to bring in the lost, but they just keep doing the same old thing. Let's go out and evangelize!!! Great, how? What of those that are shy or scared or have a stutter and it takes them 5 minutes to say hi. What about them? What about little kids or those that are house bound due to age or disability? What of those that have kids and do not want to place them in a situation where and aggressive non-believer could do them harm? What about those?

Using a business is not the same as strong arming an adversary. Using a business is not the same as a government making laws that outlaw or restrict expressions of faith such as being made in the nation. There are literally millions of businesses in this world. For the sake of argument lets say there is exactly 1 million businesses in this world. If each business brought in just 1 lost person that is 1 million people that will never have to fear hell or the wraith of God on judgment day.

There was a time when those that claimed Christ in this nation was over 80%. Today we are getting dangerously close to 50%. Once we, as a nation dip below 50% it is game over for the America. We will become just like all the other secular, humanists nations in the world. If its been tried before, try it again. If it hasn't been tried, as long as it doesn't violate God's moral law, TRY IT? If it brings in just one person then well done good and faithful servant.

In Christ,

Bishop SEH
I

Feb 17, 2010
Bishop, Ileft the church of men, because they do not preach what God want them to preach. The TRUE church of Christ is not on a "declining" curve. The True Church of God gets members added EVERY DAY!

God said that His Word would never return to Him empty handed. Daily God baptize people into the Body of Christ! And God needs NO MAN to make disciples, God APPOINTS HIS teachers to perfect the saints, and the eveangeliest are also HOLY APPOINTED MEN by God. Not the white collar men appointed men in manmade churches.

The Truth CHURCH IS WELL AND GROING, you whould ask God how a person joins that ONE-NESS and congregation.

A

Abiding

[SUP]46 [/SUP]So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, [SUP]47 [/SUP]praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
Maybe there are just less predestined souls allocated by God for heaven (NOT!)....

Jan 11, 2013
Good question. The Holy Spirit is essential to any evangelical venture. As to prayer, do you remember I spoke of a core group? Do you really think that prayer for the Lord's guidance and wisdom and help would be lacking? On the contrary, prayer is a centerpiece of the evangelist. Who, being saved by the blood of Christ, would neglect to invite Him? Perhaps because I was speaking primarily to believers I didn't think that I had to state what to me is obvious.

Remember the goal is fellowship with believers in an evangelical outreach. To combine and come together to reach the lost and unchurched. As to this "Alpha" I have no idea what your talking about but I would love to know if you happen to know of a site where I could get information about them. Perhaps by studying a venture that apparently did not succeed as well as the founders hoped, I and those involved in this idea can avoid some of their pitfalls.

The simple fact is we have to do something to reverse this trend. I know a lot of Pastors who are ripping their hair out because they have congregations that want to get involved but want their Pastors to find a way to use their talents instead of grabbing the bull by the horns and just doing it. The folks in the venture brought it to me but they are intimidated by asking other churches to get involved. Let's face it, the Church is not exactly know for playing well with others even of their own. So I offered to talk to some Pastors I meet with regularly on their behalf. Some have been positive, some are taking a wait and see view but most are too timid to step outside their boxes of tradition. The funny thing is, most of them have congregations on the decline.

To everyone: Its fine to poke holes. Even critical thinking has its place but don't forget the other half. To share your ideas to reach the lost. Take a chance, let people poke some holes in your concepts and perhaps together we can come up with something that works for many to bring in even more.

In Christ,

Bishop SEH
For myself, I agree, give anything a try to get people to hear the message. At one church I went to a group of Christian body builders came over from the states. Part of their routine was smashing slabs of concrete. The church was packed out with people who would not normally attend a service. As they performed they spoke of the message at the same time. Who knows that some who entered the church that day may have been convicted of their need for a Saviour
However, you mentioned having no limitations as long as it does not violate His moral law.
I would say the real meat that changes lives is the preaching of the Gospel of Grace. Teaching people how to live their lives according to the Gospel so that the moral laws will be upheld in their lives/far better upheld is what people are crying out for. How can weak sinners such as they be Christians/live as God wants them to?

'For sin shall not be your master, for you are not under law but under grace

If the truth of grace is preached you have the meat that changes lives, ultimately if it is not, it doesn't matter how much you do to try and draw others in, it can't truly succeed
In the UK record numbers are leaving the established churches, many are setting up home groups to meet with others and worship, many churches are dying. What is wrong? For their must be great power in the truth of the cross of Christ

Last edited:
N

nonicknametouse

I love this idea. You certainly can reach many women, because they are the ones who go to these parties. maybe find something that will interest the men. A man cave party, with sports events or something like that. We need more male leaders, would you agree.

Offer a free gift, if they attend a bible study. It will be a big oportunity to share salvation. Just make sure the gift is a good one, like a gas card or gift cert to some nice resterant.

I was very involved with a Mom support group for 15 yrs. in my church so I participated in fund raisers, banquets etc. and loved it. I love this idea and will pray that the Lord will bless it. I wish I can be a part of it but live in AR.

Did you ever think of including The Pampered Chief. They do house parties and where there is food, there are people.

J

jimmydiggs

If you don't mind my asking, which denomination are you a Bishop in?

Mar 21, 2013
[h=1]Thus Says The Lord to the United States, and to All the Churches of Men Which Dwell Within Its Borders: Return to Me! Stand Up or Bow Down!... Call Out, Cry and Wail!

11/28/07 From God The Father - A Letter Given to Timothy, For All Those Who Have Ears to Hear
Son of men, prophesy; prophesy and speak against your nation all My words... Timothy, lift up your voice and prophesy! Give unto them My word, even to all the churches of men contained within its borders; speak My words against them, even in all manner of speaking and devices, says The Lord.
Hear the Word of The Lord!...
Thus says The Lord: O nation, once called of itself “under God”, you have raised yourselves above Me... You shall be brought VERY low! And because you have said within yourselves, even aloud, saying, “We are not under God, nor do we serve any god. Right is wrong, and wrong is right and the right of the individual.” Therefore, because you have spoken in such a manner, you shall surely come to know God!

You shall come to know Me in My anger!...

I shall show you what is right,
And I, even I, shall cause you to discern!...

And you shall choose! Says The Lord.

Behold! The Sword has come! And under God shall you be placed, once again! Yet not as at the first when you blessed My name, no, not as at the first... But in subjection, in recompense, under God in punishment, in retribution, in correction, in discipline, under the shadow of My judgment!... Under God, My footstool!... Then shall you know and remember, I AM THE LORD!

O mighty nation, cease from your adulteries and return to Me...

For I had blessed you;
I had bestowed upon you great abundance...
Yet now you have gone out to pervert your way
And desecrate all I have given you...

Hardening your hearts, forsaking the poor,
Turning your faces away from the afflicted.

You have become a harlot, an adulterous woman,
Perverting her way among many lovers...

Return! Says The Lord...

Return to Me.

Churches and servants, hear the Word of The Lord!...
Thus says The Lord God, The Holy One of Israel: Arise and speak! Servants, stand up and blow the trumpet! Raise an alarm!...
O mighty nation, your time has come! It is here, it has come! Judgment shall reign!... It is here, it has come!... Oh how the mighty have fallen, oh how the stout-hearted are undone! Sons of men, look on what you have done! Look on all you have wrought in My name! Even My own beloved have turned from Me and pervert their way among all these witnesses, dividing My Word to their own gain, uplifting and exalting themselves by the power of MY Word!... Segregation! A great perversion of speech among all these called of themselves by The Christ’s name, polluting the name of My Son, The Holy One, whose name is one with The Father!
Churches of men, built up and named among yourselves, by yourselves, to your own glory... You are undone and cast off as an abominable seed, sprouting and growing where I, Myself, have not planted you! Growing and spreading, shooting forth all kinds of branches, of which I have not pruned nor watered!... Neither do you grow from The Vine.
Behold, even now you continue to grow, becoming as the vine of the earth, spreading forth all your abominations throughout the land, making them desolate, putting down roots wheresoever you list, consuming all water and rich soil... Degradation!

O abominable vine, you grow in the sand...

The shifting sands of religion!...

A dry root, with many broken and entangled branches,
Choked by all these doctrines...

The perverse doctrines of men!

You are left desolate, undone and estranged, receiving neither the early nor latter rains, living in the midst of a land who has forsaken Me! For they have turned their backs on Me and run greedily into their own destruction!... And you, O churches of men, have failed to blow the trumpet! For you are divided, continually dividing yourselves amongst yourselves! The upholding of pride, the putting on of all filthy robes of arrogance!... Darkness of faces.
Churches of men, your land and nation stinks; a foul stench has come up into My nostrils. Yet there you sit upon all your thrones, saying, “We alone are righteous. We alone serve God and shall be sheltered in the Day of The Lord”... WOE TO YOU, O CHURCHES OF MEN! Hypocrites! As you have divided yourselves, so shall I, even I, divide you in judgment! As sheep from the goats, so shall you be divided!

Churches of men, I shall sift you and you shall be shaken!...

Until all your walls have crumbled,
And all your tall towers have fallen down, with a great crash!

No partition shall be left standing! All this enmity shall be stripped away!...AndI shall again make you one, says The Lord. No more shall your diviners sing to you of peace and tranquility. No more shall you come before Me, arrayed in purple and scarlet robes, touting your expensive garments, tinkling as you go with all your shining ornaments... Your visage is detestable to Me!
Your shepherds teach lies, your diviners of peace and prosperity, divinations from their own imaginations, brought forth from their own hearts, led astray by seducing spirits!... And oh how your flocks love to have it so... Shall I not recompense you for all these things?! Shall I not correct and discipline you for all these things?!
Churches of men, why do you sit still, growing fat, consuming all these doctrines made by human hands?!... Stand up or bow down! Shout to your nation or bow down! Fall on your faces! Says The Lord. Rent your clothes, howl and wail! Put on sackcloth, cover your heads with dust and ashes!... REPENT! Take up a lamentation! Sound the trumpet to your kindred and countrymen! Stop hiding in your houses you call by My name! I DO NOT DWELL THERE!... COME OUT! COME OUT FROM AMONG THEM!
You were to be an example preparing My way before Me, a beacon on a hill, watchmen blowing the trumpet. Yet what do I hear, O sons and daughters of men within the churches?... Faint murmuring, gossiping, backbiting, accusations, lies, corruptions, envies, strifes, laughing, babbling, seditions, vanities... Vexation of spirit!
Churches of men, My face is turned against you!
For you are neither cold nor hot!...

Oh how I wish you were one or the other!...

Therefore, because you have become as lukewarm water,
Even now becoming stagnant and rank,
Behold I shall spit you from My mouth
And bring upon your land a dark storm!

For your land has done great evil in My sight!... And you, O churches of men, have held fast to the veil, pulling it down over your faces! Yet from among you I have already taken many, even a multitude who stand without. And these I have anointed and set in their places. They have received of Me and grow vigorously from The Vine, having been pruned and watered by My own hand.These shall be as fire, for they burn from within, having My own fire within them. I shall stoke them and cause them to burn bright, and theyshall go for Me... Lo, they shall blow the trumpet! They shall sound the alarm! They shall serve to you all My fierce rebukes! Behold! They shall serve it to you hot, and you shall be burned!
Churches of men, I shall tear you down, even all you have built! I shall sift you and stir you up! Says The Lord. For if I do not serve to you correction and discipline, assuredly, I say to you, you shall never enter into My rest. You say you know Me and have received of My Son, Jesus The Christ, Yeshua The Gift and Messiah, even saying that you yourselves are anointed... Woe, I say to you! Lie not to yourselves! For you carry lamps with no oil; neither do you have any love for God in your hearts! For if you really knew Me, and lived in My Son, you would do what He did.
Beloved, awake! Awake out of your sleep! Be shaken out of your slumber! Arise and serve your God!... Repent and receive of Me, even of The Holy One, whom you call Christ. Stop stifling My Spirit! Stop persecuting all those I send to you in My own name!... Ears open, My people! The time has come! Lo, it is here!
Look! Your nation destroys the innocent on every side! Fornications and abominations fill the streets! These things are not hidden!... My people, what has happened to your hearts?! You are all as dead corpses!... AWAKE AND LIVE! Says The Lord of Hosts.
Cast off all these riches and sell everything you have built up with MY money, and give it to the poor and the needy. Feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, clothe the naked. Embrace the fatherless and the widow, shelter the stranger and the homeless, tend to the sick and visit those in prison... Execute true judgment! Stop judging amongst yourselves, of yourselves, according to your own corrupt knowledge!... Perceive rightly and be stirred up!
Churches of men,why has anger not come up into your faces?! Where is your outrage?! Can you not see?!...Look!They are murdering My innocent! They destroy and tear My most precious gifts to men and women, without ceasing!... Where are your tears?! I hear no wailing at all!... CALAMITY! TRAVESTY!...Abominations swell! Sodom and Gomorrah are revived and thrive before your faces!Beloved, sin and violence spread forth in every direction, overflowing your nation as a flood!
Sons and daughters of men within the churches, what has happened to you?! Do you even know My name?! You have forgotten Me and hide your faces! You stop your ears from hearing!... I no longer know you! For whatsoever you do or do not, to the least of these, most assuredly I say to you, YOU HAVE DONE IT TO ME! Says The Lord, your Redeemer.
Therefore, stand up and pay attention, lest I destroy you as I destroyed Sodom and overthrew Gomorrah!...
Behold! The riches of men shall be taken from them in a day, and recompense in full shall be dealt to your nation! And not one of your temples shall stand!... All shall be torn down! All shall be brought down!...
And though you had set it on a tall mountain, in the midst of high walls, thick walls built of strong and tempered mortar, it shall be shaken to dust, it shall be thrown down!... Left utterly desolate.

You shall surely be left naked, stripped of all your clothes...

Then I shall remember you...

And you shall establish your trust in The Beloved, once again;
And you shall keep your life, for Love has saved you...

And you shall escape, but as one escaping through the flames.

I am The Lord.
TRUMPETCALLOFGODONLINE (Hear the WORD of The Lord)
[/h]

Aug 15, 2009
Revelation 14:6[SUP]6[/SUP] And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

The declaration of the gospel is the method of choice by Christ, the apostles, and others in the book of Acts. In the latter days, this Scripture above says and angel will be preaching it. If that's the way it starts and how it ends, then that's the way I believe it ought to be done in the middle........... just sayin'.

B

BishopSEH

I notice that the vast majority or focusing on methodology. The is, passing on biblical truth. I don't disagree in the slightest and that is clearly present for any that kept a neutral mind and didn't set themselves within the first paragraph. What i am talking about is a vehicle not a method. I have done block parties and most times someone disruptive shows u and kills it. Or the police show up because someone that hates God calls them.

For those that want to give stuff away, mail me, i will give you a site you can place an order and i will be happy to give whatever your order away. Oh wait, you ment I should give stuff away not you right? Is that stone your are grasping feeling a little heavier? Unlike most Churches in the United States, we are truly going outside the box. Sure we use the tried and true vehicles too.

One of the big problems in the American church is we are stuck in a rut and low to the person that steps out of that rut. So let me ask you; what have you done to bring the lost in? How successful are you? How often are you slammed for speaking up for Christ? The sad thing here is, every one that has responded in the negative claims Christ.

To date we have invited several hundred to come to our events. Our records show, and yes we do keep records whenever possible, we have had 37 people make a choice for Christ. Sounds low right? Keep in mind that a large part of those participating are already believers. Our best estimate is that roughly 100 of the invites were non-believers. So that's about a 33% success rate. I would say that is pretty good. The best results came in those that contained a Gospel of John and a Church invite.

Something to consider if you decide to post here again.

In Christ,

Bishop SEH

M

Miri

Hi there,

I go to a large church in the UK and we don't seem to have a problem getting people into the church services.
But a while ago the church recognised the need to "go and preach the gospel". In fact one of the mottos in the church is Grow, Go and Glorify.

We are a City centre church and the leadership approached a Costa Coffee show which is just a few minutes walk away and asked the management about the possibility of holding a "church evening" once a month on Sunday nights. The idea being that there is some live music put on by the people in the church, a brief word about God, a time of fellowship and the offer to pray for anyone who wanted prayer. But it was stressed that this would be in a non-threatening way and if anyone felt it caused offence then we would discontinue.

Well the management who are not Christians agreed to it. So the church produced 200 invites for the management to give out leading up to the first "Sunday Night Live". The coffee shop manager later told us that within an hour of putting these invites out - all of them were taken and the first event went ahead. It was such a success that the manager told us later that never had the shop taken so much money on a Sunday evening and after that they agreed the church could continue with the events.

Well a year down the line, the coffee shop is crowded for that monthly Sunday event, the staff at the shop all ask to be put on the rota so they can be there, where as before none of them wanted to work Sunday evenings! The gospel is going out every month to people who may not normally go to a church, many have been prayed for as yes the customers and staff do ask for prayer! Many are asking questions and are waking up to the things of God, people are attending church for the first time as a direct result of this work.

God is just blessing the venture so much and as for the coffee shop, well I believe God is blessing them as their profits are up far more than the others in the same chain in the City. God is no man's debtor.

It really is amazing what God is going.

I suppose more than anything it shows that God's church consist of people, the four walls we think of as church are really just meeting places.

You will have to let us know how it works out Bishop.

Mar 29, 2013
just ignore all the people on here downing your idea there to stuck on religion an guidlines to think about the fwct that if your idea manages to help just bring one person to christ than its a glorious idea an even ifit didnt atlest you where trying but if youve really already helped 37 find God than thats awesome keep it up man an God bless.

Nov 14, 2012
We have an event that comes to town once a year called Hot Hearts. Its basically a big Rock concert with the most popular Christian Rock Bands at the time. This event is mainly for teenagers with the goal to lead them to Christ. Many get saved at this event and it is well organized. I talked with a youth pastor that I worked with and he told me he did not like the event because its places a burden on youth pastors to have that type of excitement. What he explained to me is that after the event these teenagers are expecting church to be high caliber entertainment and flash and many drop out of church again disillusioned. I am not saying this is what you are doing. But my advice is to keep in line with your church at these parties so they have the same experience at church.