The Difference between Truth and Opinion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Gods_Lady89

Check out this video from StepOutTime that highlights this issue and please share your thoughts/comments. God Bless.

[video=youtube;pBhat9cBxOA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBhat9cBxOA[/video]

Here are my thoughts..
Christianity should be not be just a title people wear when they want, but a change in lifestyle. According to 1 Peter 1:2 we have a lifestyle to live that is Holy until to God (as led by the Holy Spirit)…
“who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance”
I feel, however though that a lot of people pick and choose what they “accept” from the Word of God versus living/accepting the Word in its full content.

Mar 8, 2013
Hence why some are 'chosen (by God) to be obedient'.

Some aren't.

Look at it this way;

If everyone in the world was the same, totally giving and subervient to God, there'd be no need for the bible. Nor for someone to learn forgiveness as opposed to vengeance, or to learn peace as apposed to strife.

Even the some that are chosen to be obedient, they are obedient in heart and mind. That does not mean that they do not sin sometimes.

Nobody is without sin. And all are accursed in the state of disobedience.

But compassion outweighs professed or part-perfection every time.

It's possible to fail in compassion, but it's never possible to give up entirely.

B

BishopSEH

What is the difference between truth and opinion? Hmmm, I am torn on how to answer this, sarcastic or honest. Ok lets try both.

Sarcastic: If I say it its the truth but if you say it it just your opinion.

Over and over, especially when dealing with two of the traditions of Christendom, this is what a discussion comes down to. You point something out from the bible and the response is, "that's your opinion". Infuriating isn't it.

Honest, if what we say lines up with Scripture (as it is written and in context) then it is the truth. If the Scriptures do not address a particular topic but what you say is consistent with the Word of God, I would go so far to say it is also truth. An example is to whole topic is fracking. No that is not a bad word undercover but a process of mining. I am all for fracking to gain those resources and God did give us dominion over the earth. My position in a discussion is that fracking is good for us as long as we take reasonable steps to to be good stewards and not do unnecessary damage to the earth. The bible does not address the specifics but it does give me enough to make a true statement in line with Scriptural truth.

Opinion is something which is unsubstantiated, it may sound good but the evidence is lacking. It is not by definition untrue just untested.

In Christ,

Bishop SEH

N

nonicknametouse

I think we need to use dicernment when we give our opinions. When someone says something about scripture we need to test the Spirit as it says in 1 John:1 thru 3. There are so many opinions about Christianity that I believe it is the scheme of the enemy as to confuse unbelievers and new believers alike. This is why it is so important to learn God's word from reliable Christians. But this is just my opinion. lolololol That was a joke. I know, I know. But even on this site there are more opinions than truth being shared.

N

nonicknametouse

What does fracking mean?